Thread: Albion
View Single Post
Old 29-10-2006, 11:58 PM   #2
Treewyrm
Abandonia nerd

Despite all those gameplay flaws I still give it top rating whenever I see it. It was one of those very rare games where you felt like you're reading awesome sci-fi book, just for the feeling of it I gave it 5. All those bugs and flaws _don't matter_ here because Albion isn't much about gameplay really, there isn't much rpg and it isn't turn-based tactical. What Albion is all and completely about is unique theme and brilliant story. Yes, while it gets a bit obvious after a while still there are twists and turns and also good character development. Dialogues are superb, you can really start to feel those characters are somewhat real. And just to think: game doesn't even have speech at all! Like I said, Albion feels much like a book and that stands for highest quality in my opinion. If only more games had such depth in them, but nowadays who cares about storyline, who cares about character development (and if you say so people will start to think you're talking about rpg stats!), technical graphics and dumb one button clicking reflexes is all what we have left to see.
Treewyrm is offline                         Send a private message to Treewyrm