View Single Post
Old 26-10-2006, 03:04 PM   #626
Guest_Lt. Razak_*

Gee, I could have thought of that. Dosbox .65 it is, thanks

For the RAM: Let me quote one of the programmers from the strike commander 'magazine' (more than just a handbook ) : "We weren't even sure if there'd be any computer which could cope with the demands of the game" (It's not the exact quotation but it gets the meaning across . It's a bit like what Bill Gates supposedly said once, that noone would ever need more than 500KB RAM )

When we first tried SC it lagged stupendously. Once we found the RAM setting we just boosted it to maximum taking no chances. It seemed to work so we just went on play the game, no questions asked

The frameskip is indeed.. odd. In some respect, the game is a lot faster but it reaches its limit very quickly. An airborne missle (Sirian) plus a Sirian trooper being gutted by the combined fire of 13 troopers (draw your own conclusions, I tend to bunch my troopers up too much :wallbash: ) and there we go... or rather don't, quite the opposite. Well, 0.65 coming up, thanks again

P.S.: Dynamic core does indeed work in .65 And at 40,000 cycles the game runs soooo much smoother, even without the frameskip Thanks very much!