View Single Post
Old 05-10-2006, 03:36 AM   #73

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sighter Goliant @ Oct 4 2006, 11:20 PM) [snapback]259464[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Oct 4 2006, 06:06 PM) [snapback]259403[/snapback]
Quote:
Yes, Interplay even used to mention it on their web site. What they forgot to mention though is that the game tends to screw things up by moving you a few steps too many, so that your one chance to get the acorn is lost. Solution: walk up to the tree very carefully, step by step. When you trigger the message about seeing a red acorn, DO NOT MOVE. Now get the acorn. Works for me.
[/b]
That's odd. I'm moving very, very slowly -- using single taps of the keyboard key to make sure I don't go too fast. Problem is, when the acorn message appears, I can visibly see the sprite move regardless of what I do. Might there be a way to slow down the emulator enough to prevent this from happening?
[/b][/quote]

Do you know where to get the Springstone? It's on a hill roughly to the west of the pool where the lillies are dead. If you approach it wrong, you'll have to fight the Black Alder -- a VERY formidable foe -- but I've found that if you come from straight south, dig with the shovel on top of the hill, and leave quickly, you can get around the red acorn glitch and get the stat bumps from Goldberry anyway.