View Single Post
Old 18-09-2006, 11:29 AM   #44
troop18546
Home Sweet Abandonia

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Blood-Pigggy @ Sep 18 2006, 01:06 AM) [snapback]255674[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Arcanum was FANTASTIC!

But a few game killing bugs (buying a ship, all Arcanum fans know this one, hehe) and the freaking annoying random encounters and its retarded AI kinda made me refrain from putting it on my list.

And I thought HOMM V was a MASSIVE improvement, I think they lost their pace with IV but came back up strong with number five.
And M.A.X. I won't really comment on that, but all I will say is massive unbalance between the different factions, it can't hold a candle to Starcraft or Dominions.

PS - The best game of 2005 was God of War :P
[/b]
Arcanum (despite bugs; I didn't encounter annoying ones) is the RPG GOD-GAME, absolutely everything is intriguening (spelling??), even the diary reading was fun for me.
About HOMM series. I just said that, because the graphic change was an annoying one (I like 2D more than 3D, unless it's and engine of ToEE - that ruled. ToEE was the best looking RPG EVER. It features perfect graphics (although the game is tough for me ).

And finally M.A.X.2 - the whole atmosphere and the super AI + never seen actions available made it my #1 strategy game. I even have a book on it's story in developement (started in 2003 end or early 2004 I think). Like I said - the game which would've achieved the best prizes, but had very dated graphics.

EDIT: Sorry, BP, forgot the 2 on M.A.X.2. I was talking about M.A.X.2

BTW, VIVISECTOR: BEAST WITHIN OWNS GoW EASY!!! IMO :P

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Iowa @ Sep 18 2006, 04:17 AM) [snapback]255693[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Blood-Pigggy @ Sep 17 2006, 02:00 PM) [snapback]255658[/snapback]
Quote:
I more or less enjoyed Assault far more than Adventures because it had its own formula, and unlike Adventures, it only got better, it didn't go downhill like Adventures the instant you beat the first dungeon for example.

It was also the REAL Starfox game, it had Starfox gameplay, and it capitilized on that by expanding it.
[/b]
The first "real" Starfox game...oh my god, dude, you're fighting over the dead carcass of a two-star game!

Let me try to name the good and bad points of Assault:

GOOD:

-flight sequences
-graphics
-Umm...Nintendo?
-Krystal

BAD:

-on foot combat
-repetetive gameplay
-mediocre voiceovers
-horribly unbalanced multiplayer

And while I admit that Adventures isn't the greatest thing in the world, I do like it alot, and think it's more of a SF game than Assault will ever be.

Are we going to stop arguing now, or shall we continue?

PS- I want to play Painkiller very badly...but I don't think my poor computer is up to the task...
[/b][/quote]

Painkiller - best game of 2004 (IMO, phuck HL2), you really gotta get it.
On x64 systems it works x2
troop18546 is offline                         Send a private message to troop18546