View Single Post
Old 06-09-2006, 12:22 AM   #6
Iowa
Game Wizzard

Honorable Mentions:

Duke Nukem 3D PC...we'll just ignore the 64 version...
Combining pulse-pounding action with gut-busting humor and a B-horror movie plot, Duke still stands out today as...well, I think i'll let him do the talking: "Hail to the king, baby!"...'nough said.

Max Payne PC and Playstation 2
You. Yes you, the one with the keyboard and the Playstation 2, stop what you're doing. Go out to your local video-game outlet and look for this game in the bargain bin, it should only cost you eight dollars tops...what will you get for those five to eight measly dollars? One of the most unforgettable action-game experiences you'll ever have in your life. This game comes from both the creators of Grand Theft Auto and Duke Nukem 3D...no, really. And as if that weren't enough, they threw in the Matrix while they were at it...the result? Diving down a flight of stairs in slow-motion with two Berettas blazing, nailing your enemies through the head and listening to them scream in agony as they fall to their knees...i'd pay eight dollars for that. For the record, this is the first "Bullet Time" game, it invented the slo-mo in games, neat eh?

More comin' at ya later...

Oh, and I edited the first post, take a look.