View Single Post
Old 05-09-2006, 01:44 PM   #5
Horoma
Abandonia nerd

Hard to pick just 10. Here are the first 10 I could think of, in no particular order, except number 1. Only PC-games, as I don't have any consoles.

1) UFO Enemy Unknown / Terror From The Deep : Need I say more, the ultimate classics, these games still have me addicted after such a long time. The X-com turn-based tactical combat is simply great.

2) Vampire The Masquerade - Bloodlines : Be it with storytelling, card games or video games, I've always been fond of the World of Darkness. Based on the Halflife 2 engine (not the definitive one), this game surely enhanced that experience, despite it's bugs. Many quests with different solutions provide for a non-linear storyline, where using your brains is as important as using your fists/weapons.

3) King's Quest, Space Quest, Police Quest, Larry, ... : When I was a kid, these Sierra adventures sure kept my behind my computer for a long time. I always loved humor in games.

4) Carmageddon : Never thought I'd enjoy driving into pedestrians with my car in an artistic way. Fun +

5) Star Wars - Rogue Squadron / Battle For Naboo : Perhaps not the most obvious Star Wars games, but these 2 were really so much fun to play.

6) Sid Meier's Civilization : Again, a game that got me hooked for a long time. No introduction needed I suppose.

7) Soulbringer : Not very well known, this RPG. No multiplayer, a few bugs, game controls that sometimes got me crazy, I can see why this title wasn't a big success. But somehow this game's atmosphere left a strong impression on me. I would definitely encourage a remake of this game, thought I seriously doubt it will ever happen.

8) Loderunner : So addictive, this classic game

9) The Mind's Eye : Very strange game. I still remember that sweet woman's voice at the start "At twice midnight, I give you light". In the same category, I could also have mentioned classics like 7th Guest, Myst or Atlantis.

10) Star Trek - Birth Of The Federation : Civilization in a Star Trek universe, but very well done, safe a few bugs. Play as Federation, Klingons, Romulans, Cardassians or Ferengi for a different gaming experience (specific structures and ships, but also different layout and music). I can't wait till any of the 2 fan-made sequels is completed.
Horoma is offline                         Send a private message to Horoma