Thread: Discworld
View Single Post
Old 24-08-2006, 04:51 PM   #8

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Grinder @ Aug 23 2006, 03:44 PM) [snapback]250566[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(the_fifth_horseman @ Aug 22 2006, 11:24 AM) [snapback]250201[/snapback]
Quote:
Wonderful!

BTW, there is a version on HOTU with full voices... even better
[/b]
Can't get it to work. First it went black and said ENGLISH.IDX is missing. So I stole that from the AB version. It went black and said ENGLISH.SMP is missing, like Guest mentioned. Now what do I do?
[/b][/quote]

You have to download the Decoder fix, "DECODE.EXE file in download zip must be replaced with file from Decoder fix (download above). Then run UNPACK.BAT. Read README.TXT file if you are using anything higher than Windows 95."

The game didn't work for me until I noticed that at the bottom of the page, after doing what it said the game was fine and I have been enjoying it so much. I remember the first time I saw this game, there was a documentary on the TV before "Wyrd Sisters" the animated version was on, then a few years later a friend of mine had it on his computer, it was awesome, and even more years later I got the chance to play it at home, and I wasn't disappointed, just confused as the puzzles are so wacky. I reckon this is one of the best games I have ever played.