Thread: Discworld
View Single Post
Old 23-08-2006, 08:31 AM   #30
Northowl

This game is one of the best adventures made at all time! It is unfortunate that they don't make humorsitic games like this any more. It certainly does not hurt that Rincewind, the unfortunate hero, is voiced by none other than Eric Idle. He is, as most knows, a member of the Monty Python team, and he certainly bring this game several notch closer to their level. (there is even a place I swear he gets inspiration from the "nudge nudge say no more"-joke) I too have read all the books and am a big fan of Terry Pratchett's extremely fun brittish humor. I advice all you guys to check out his books.

It even surpass it's successor, Discworld II: Mortality Bytes! Because that game hangs too much up into the more modern flat cell animation graphics. They did not put the same heart in the background and animations as they did in the predecessor.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(the_fifth_horseman @ Aug 22 2006, 11:24 AM) [snapback]250201[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Wonderful!

BTW, there is a version on HOTU with full voices... even better
[/b]
I advice everyone to get the speached voices for this game. The puns of Eric Idle is what made this game an instant hit. Not to mention the extremely fun voices of all the other characters and monkeys.

Wait... did I say "monkey"? Damn! I meant "ape". Ape! NOT monkey! Oh damn! Wait, WAIT AAAAARGH

-----

Did you see where that donkey cart came from?
Northowl is offline                         Send a private message to Northowl