Thread: The Lemming
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2006, 11:22 PM   #12
Onyx
Abandonia nerd

Well, finally some brainstorming!

Ok, first my look on some points made by guesst:

Yes, the game WOULD be boring if there were no enemies. But I was thinkin about focusing on avoiding/trapping enemies rather then figthing them. Also, I don't like the idea of a single "uber" monster "to rule them all" (pun intended :P ). As I said, the REAL work starts next week.

Now, Moonstrider:

Basicaly I would need the buttons in a bit higher resolution AND each of these buttons in animated form (e.g. single frame showing lemming digging for the button and animated one for the game). Try making a simple walking animation first (something in the means of 32x64 or so) so we'll discuss this further. And, thank you for being so ready to do it. k:

Also, one thing Moonstrider mentioned gave me an idea.

Quote:
It could be cool to have more lemmings too, and have it more in the style of Lost Vikings. In that case you could group the different actions to different lemmings. One lemming could have actions like dig and hack while another could have climb and maybe carry other lemmings as a new feature.[/b]
So, what if you could lead one lemming FAMILY. Consider them as Erik, Baleog and Olaf from "Lost Vikings". Every one can do something that no other can. But, here's the twist: let's say that you have a lemming called Lemmy. At first level Lemmy can dig. But, after you finish few levels he learns how to make tunnels (dig horizontaly). This eliminates "icons" but still refreshes the game every few levels.

Thoughts?