View Single Post
Old 20-06-2006, 12:39 AM   #8
Playbahnosh
The Peacemaker

Send a message via MSN to Playbahnosh

Oh man, this is just hilarious and pathetic at the same time

I mean, they picked random people from the street and NONE of them answered ONE SINGLE QUESTION right. Okay, that might be coincidence, I agree. BUT, there are some things I just don't get.

Not knowing squat about any foreign country is more or less acceptable (like how many Eiffel Towers are in Paris), BUT not knowing squat about one's OWN country is like commiting treason. Like which state did KFC come from? IT'S IN IT'S NAME!!! But I guess most americans don't even know which country Kentucky is in. And an american doesn't know who was the first man on Moon? He was an american for God's sake! And he was not russian, nor Shawn Glenn, rather Neil Armstrong. Most of the hungarians even know who was the ONLY hungarian astronaut ever reach space, he was Bertalan Farkas.

Meh, and according to those people there was three world wars, Tony Blair is a skating actor, man has one kidney, collateral damage is a film, aaand the best one, Star Wars is based on a true story. LOL!!!!

The only thing that had a half good answer was what Al Quaida is. "A suicide bomber group in Israel, and their "president" is Jasser Arafat". Yeah, right <_< This is probably due to the extensive anti-musli...er...terrorist campaign in the USA. Go figure...

The most descibing answer was to the question "The language they speak in Latin-America is Latin... True or false?" and the anser was: "...the wha'?" And the question that made me ROFL: "Where was the Berlin Wall?" Answer: "...(silence)...(more silence)...Believe me, I don't know the answer to this question, but I'm thinking..." Yeah, sure you are dude

Okay, there are people like them in every country, I agree. People that doesn't know more than the way to the nearest supermarket and how to use the remote. But these questions asked are ELEMENTARY SCHOOL material here in hungary, and I guess in the rest of europe too. And the participants asked were all in Wahington, the captial of USA, not some redneck anti-civilised village.

It never seize to amaze me how low-key is the education there. Like if you ask someone there what is "π?"(PI-squared), I bet the most of them will think of some rectangular dessert. :P And they are still living....

Well, all in all, they really gotta do something about the level of education there concerning foreign knowlede and just about everything else...

"Don't fight the bad things in life! Find the good one! They are everywhere! Don't spend your life fighting for goals you can never reach! Live for the moment!"

BEWARE: I'm using the forums as a personal blog!
Playbahnosh is offline                         Send a private message to Playbahnosh