View Single Post
Old 01-06-2006, 05:25 AM   #3
Ahnassi
Forum hobbit

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Titan @ May 5 2004, 10:04 AM) [snapback]1458[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
hehe... got my 20 man army beaten by ONE etherial once...
equiped a Lightning with laser-canon to be able to take down crafts unhamed... took down a small-scout, but forgott to chk the race... wen't... and the etherial mindcontroled my ONLY man with blaster-launcher...

*exit, then load saved game*

Later, as in when you have caught an etherial ALIVE or a Sectoid Leader/Commander... you get to research PSI-powers.. this is a turningpoint in the game...
[/b]
you should take about mind health of your squadearlier.

1) before etherials appears there is a sectoid commanders at very large UFOs.
2) use these commanders to check mind strength of your soldiers.
sectoid commanders usually the one and only person who can do Mind Control. So they can't take control all your squad but only one "betrayer"
If your soldier is mind controlled by sectiod commander then
a) write down betrayer name
b)load the game
c)fire this soldier or at least remove all weapons from him and leave a medikit(let him heal your solders until death )
d) hire another or better transfer from another base.

Mind controlling also means than mind strength of your soldier is less then 75. This is bad soldiers.
Also to mind control an etherial your soldier should have mind strength equal or higher than 90 and skill more than 50.
Usually I am using very large UFO mainly to reveal "betrayers". So when etherials come I am ready.
I have 2 bases with 20 soldiers on each. So I have a some reserve to replace betrayers.
Also a base attack is also good thing for revealing betrayers.

Blaster launcher is bad weapon. Killing enemies with blaster launcher does not train your soldiers.

Ahnassi is offline                         Send a private message to Ahnassi