Thread: 7zip Question
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2006, 01:18 PM   #1
MrBackAlleySka
Hero Gamer

Hey guys, quick question. I have a 7zip file (*.7z) and I know how to extract it. Both 7Zip and WinRAR (though 7Zip works better, obviously) can extract .7z files. However I cannot seem to figure something out.

My friend has a bunch of e-books that he wanted to send to me. For simplicity and neatness, he zipped them all together in 7zip format. I can unzip them all easily enough, but there are hundreds of e-books this dude has! I don't wanna unzip ALL of them, just a few choice ones. I can't manage to do that though. In both WinRAR and 7Zip, any option to extract them, no matter if I highlight 1, all, none, right-click 1 and tell it to extract to spesific, no matter what I do, both programs start extracting ALL of them into the spesified folder.

Is there a way to extract single, spesifc files from a .7z and not the entire thing? Thats easily done in .zip and .rar files, but it just dosen't wanna work in .7z for me. o.O
MrBackAlleySka is offline                         Send a private message to MrBackAlleySka