Thread: More Html Help
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2006, 03:54 PM   #17
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

Quote:
Originally posted by plix+Mar 10 2006, 03:36 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (plix @ Mar 10 2006, 03:36 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-_r.u.s.s.@Mar 10 2006, 08:10 AM
why not?
by the way.. why do you mean by "<the "other" table is flush against one of the sides of the page>"
I mean that the "other table" (the "nav" box in his example, though there's not always going to one) needs to be right up against the side of the page (be it the top, the bottom, the left, or the right) or else you can't use frames to do it. That was just a single reason -- trying to emulate horizontal block flow with frames is obviously very stupid; that's just common sense.
[/b][/quote]
well, you actually can <_<

Quote:
Mobile browsers.* They're only going to be used more and more, and not being ready to support them is a bad idea.
if they r going to be used more and more then explorers should develope too, by the way i have never seen even one browser, which doesnt support frames

Quote:
Excuse me, but that's an awfully stupid answer. You offer no real examples nor a defense of why any such examples are the right -- or even a reasonable -- way of doing things. Just saying "what if you need to have it?" is about as vague as you could be, and like I said: I've yet to see you offer any advantage other than speeding the loading time of enormous blocks of text (large enough to significantly impact the loading time of the page) which are held in persistent frames to speed loading time, a bit of a ridiculous example.
man.. defence? is this a war?
i already gave you reason, page doesnt have to reload every time you click the link
all in all YOUR answer "if you have an enormous amount of text data in a navigation frame it's probably time to rethink your navigation" is very weak minded, since it is good reason. you know, not every frame is navigation bar and your answer is just misleading sh!t. +users with slow connection would appretiate frames, even if the loaded page is not very big
next its easy to use
next if you are using navigation bar you dont have scroll anywhere, its easy accesable and user friendly
and can you give me other disadvantage of frames?

..could you please stop flaming by the way?