Thread: More Html Help
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2006, 02:36 PM   #16
plix
Game freak

Quote:
Originally posted by _r.u.s.s.@Mar 10 2006, 08:10 AM
why not?
by the way.. why do you mean by "<the "other" table is flush against one of the sides of the page>"
I mean that the "other table" (the "nav" box in his example, though there's not always going to one) needs to be right up against the side of the page (be it the top, the bottom, the left, or the right) or else you can't use frames to do it. That was just a single reason -- trying to emulate horizontal block flow with frames is obviously very stupid; that's just common sense.

Quote:
Originally posted by _r.u.s.s.+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (_r.u.s.s.)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>can you give me an example, which USED browser doesnt support frames?[/b]

Mobile browsers. They're only going to be used more and more, and not being ready to support them is a bad idea.

<!--QuoteBegin-_r.u.s.s.

Quote:
If the frame is something "big" to load other than text it's cached anyway. However, if you have an enormous amount of text data in a navigation frame it's probably time to rethink your navigation.
wht if you want or need to have it?
dont tell me its not useful then!
[/quote]
Excuse me, but that's an awfully stupid answer. You offer no real examples nor a defense of why any such examples are the right -- or even a reasonable -- way of doing things. Just saying "what if you need to have it?" is about as vague as you could be, and like I said: I've yet to see you offer any advantage other than speeding the loading time of enormous blocks of text (large enough to significantly impact the loading time of the page) which are held in persistent frames to speed loading time, a bit of a ridiculous example.

Quote:
Originally posted by _r.u.s.s.
all the sites can be remade from php or css to frames and reversal
What?

Assuming that you're trying to say that everything can be converted between frames and CSS, then yes, you're right. Then again, programs in any Turing-complete language can be converted to any other Turing-complete langauge. That doesn't mean I care to convert my PHP scripts to assembly.

Doing it the right way to begin with (not using frames) makes your site accessable, usable, etc, etc.
plix is offline                         Send a private message to plix