Thread: Ultimate Domain
View Single Post
Old 23-12-2005, 09:35 PM   #24
Mambaru

Send a message via MSN to Mambaru Send a message via Yahoo to Mambaru

Getting more people was always the hardest thing in this game. For the most part you'll need to have at least one Architect not actually constructiong anything. He/she will then go on to build more houses.

Without having any more houses no more people can move into your land. Later on you'll find that your Architect will build larger houses that can support three people or more. Then the usual way of getting more people will happen. But like in real life you'll need a man and a woman in the house.

As for people dieing and becoming ill. There really is nothing you can do about it until you develop cures for the various virus' that infect your settlers. This is done through the workshop. But really that will not happen for at least a few years.

Here is just one way in which you can begin your game:

With your 4 settlers divide them amoung these tasks 1 Architect, 3 woodsmen.

Build a drill to get more resources. If you build your drill on a hill side then you'll get more stone or closer to sea level to get more metal.

Now click on the hourglass and wait for your next turn (which should be Fall).

Whilst your woodsmen are cutting down trees and your Architect is building a drill. Start adding one or two wells (not too many else you'll dry out the land!) You could even add a field or two.

Once the drill is built (may take a season or two) you can leave your Architect to carry on building houses. Should you need to stop him just click back on the flag move the Architect to another task, then reassign him as an Architect.

Once your second year begins (Spring.) You should make two of your Woodsmen Carpenters. They will now turn the felled trees into boards/wood. Should you not have many Settlers left consider balancing the number of Woodsmen against Carpenters.

Now have your Architect construct a Warehouse to store all of the resources that you are now generating.

I'll post more later as I think that I have rambled on long enough.
Mambaru is offline                         Send a private message to Mambaru