Thread: Suggestion...
View Single Post
Old 19-10-2004, 01:18 PM   #8
Omuletzu
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via MSN to Omuletzu Send a message via Yahoo to Omuletzu

Yes i have to admit that this is the risk we will have to undertake... the developers could be thrilled by the idea of talking about their games(remembering the past, their former colleaugues with whom they worked on the game), or they could be angry at the fact that their games are being offered for free(even if it has been 10 years since they were launched on the market)
The question is if abandonia is willing to take that risk.
Personally i think that the developers would be thrilled to share their stories.Of course each person is different, and each one will act accordingly.
Now keep in mind that the developers are NOT the same thing as publishers.Now publishers could have something against it because they are the ones who launch the game, and the people who basically get the most money out of it.Developers on the other side make the game, they hand it over to the publisher, who advertises it, and distributes it.So developers should have anything to loose.Plus the games we have here are 10 years + old, so it's not like they're available for buying anymore.

I must admit though that this idea is a potential danger to abandonia :crazy:
Omuletzu is offline                         Send a private message to Omuletzu