View Single Post
Old 05-08-2005, 06:00 PM   #4
Tom Henrik
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via AIM to Tom Henrik Send a message via MSN to Tom Henrik

I agree that it would make the site more multilingual, and it would be a great thing for those who can't read and write English, but...

For this to work, we need different admin and moderator team for every forum. These would have to be just as effecient and trustworthy as the ones we currently have. Without constant supervision each of these forums could easily be turned into flamefests, warez links and worse. I know that I ain't gonna even look at another forum, less moderate it. As we will have an incredibly hard time keeping additional forums tidy, we would have to trust all the new teams completely and without questions. Not to mention that all forums would need to start from scratch. That means, making all subforums, and a game topic for each individual game.

When all that is done, the next thing would be to find new server deals, as each forum would need an effiecient server. This means, we would need more money to keep the new forums alive.

All in all... a LOT of work, just to make the site more multilingual. We ARE already multicultural. The reason why the mainsite and the reviews are translated is to make everything understandable for people all over the world. The forum is the common meeting-ground for all the user of the site, and if someone needs something answered (and doesn't write English), we have a standing rule that someone else jumps in and translate it, so that everyone can understand it and help the newcomer.

My point is... the site and forum is multicultural, as we help each other out regardless of language, origin, religion and skin-colour. What would actually make us less multicultural would be to seperate and say "Spanish natives here, English natives there, and you Swedes get waaaaay over there!"

Anyways... I've placed a remark for Kosta in the admin forum, it is his site and his decision.