View Single Post
Old 24-07-2005, 07:45 PM   #22
Playbahnosh
The Peacemaker

Send a message via MSN to Playbahnosh

I've looked everywhere but no program for my problem. I found a horde of disk recovery progs but those only undelet or unformat drives and recover data from unreadable partitions.
The fact, that my partition IS readable and fully functional disables any "regular" disk recovery options... sadly...

What I need, is a program that can edit, so to say "recover", the file system (Mft) indexes of files that CHKDSK was so kindly "fixed" for me <_<

By the way, I've downloaded Memtest-86 and checked my memory modules. The first test reveales 2546 errors with the memories and freezed. I re-seated the modules then the test passed without problems.
From time to time, the comp lost 128 Mb of RAM somewhere. At the next restart the RAM was fully 766 Mb again, I don't get it
I tested all the modules individually (I have a 512 and two 128 modules), but the individual tests passed too. Now all RAMs working without problems

I think one of the RAM modules was malfunctioning time to time, and that caused the screen distortion AND the HD corruption(AGP and PCI Fast Write and Read was enabled so the video card had direct access to system RAM). I think The malfunctioning RAM module caused CHKDSK to misdetect the HD and recognized the working indexes as bad ones and "corrected" them accordingly.

Any opinions?

"Don't fight the bad things in life! Find the good one! They are everywhere! Don't spend your life fighting for goals you can never reach! Live for the moment!"

BEWARE: I'm using the forums as a personal blog!
Playbahnosh is offline                         Send a private message to Playbahnosh