Thread: When ...
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2005, 12:37 AM   #14
eolsunder

Its called greed.

Many people and companies will not part with stuff because its theirs, and they paid money getting it. Even if its out of date and old and no one would buy it, they still consider it theirs and still remember that they paid money for it.

Thus software companies have the mentality that even if its junk, its not worth giving it away and can only be sold. Sadly corporate mentality is that way many times.

Heck my mom is the same way. She had a old wooden bench she bought and stained. Now, she's had it 10 years and its old, rotten in some places, sits in the yard under the tree not getting used. My neighbor asked to have it to put in her yard, and my mon was like "well how much is she going to pay me for it". Even though she paid about 50 bucks for it 10 years ago, she still won't "give" away a piece of junk that is hers.

Now companies really should use their heads. If it is a game they actually sell, like maybe in a group pack or multi pack, then sure, dont give it away, but if its a game that in NO way makes them money anymore, nor will it EVER make them money in the future, then such games should be given away like on free sites, because that gets people playing the old games, and in turn might make them buy your new ones. Greed of course gets in their eyes and makes them stupid. They dont realize that old freeware games, given out for people to play, is called ADVERTISING!
eolsunder is offline                         Send a private message to eolsunder