Thread: Silver
View Single Post
Old 19-05-2005, 12:27 AM   #6
Bernie
Abandonia nerd

Send a message via MSN to Bernie

Silver owns!! Has a place among all my favorites, especially for it's story and simple yet brilliant combat system. (I so much like that combat system, to bad you don't see it in other games.)

Have you checked if your cd is scratched, and are you sure that your cd player functions 100% perfectly. This game runs very very much from the cd, I remember on my old comp. I couldn't get the game to work correctly, would constantly hang on loading. The problem was actually the cd player, although it worked on all other games, Silver just ran so much from cd, that if the cd player had any trouble reading the discs, it would hang. When I got a new cd player it worked perfectly.

You should maybe try to use one of those cleaning discs, to clean the lens of your cd player, might help if it is that your having trouble reading from the cd. (Usually you can hear this, if your cd drive constantly slows down and speeds up, while trying to read from the cd. Sometimes it only slows down and doesn't speed up again.

anyway, this is just such a brilliant game... just the mention of it makes me want to go and play it again. They should have made a multiplayer part for it, would have been so much fun. It sux that after you completed the story there is nothing else to do except to play the story again. There should have been way many more features in the game, and it could easily still have been alive today.

hmm... I gotta go google...