Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Unverified (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=147)
-   -   Can't Remember The Name! (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=9186)

Jaraak 16-02-2006 08:41 AM

Can't Remember The Name!

Alright. Here is a challenge for you guys. A game I have been looking for a very long time, remembered whenever I reminisce about my sheltered video screen spent childhood. This is the best I can remember.

This game is an RPG, similiar to dungeon keeper (But older) and Castle (But newer)

You have a large 2D display of your dungeon which you explore, and on a side bar your view down hallways in a psuedo-3D view.

You start off in a sort of 'town' where you can buy/sell items you find off monsters you loot. The dungeon levels get harder and harder as you go deeper, the entry points kind of like stairs.

I distinctly remember collecting platinum pieces off some monsters! Of which at the time I was rather excited about (typically the highest form of currency).

When there was a monster approaching, you could see him small at first in the psuedo-3D menu, but it would get big quickly as you went closer.

I played it on the PC - 286 if I remember.

Thats it! Please put my out of my mysery! Give me a name to this game I miss so much, or even better a link to it. I'm -guessing- its abandonware, but if not I'd even buy it! Cyas!

Borodin 16-02-2006 12:24 PM

Could you give us anymore than that? How many characters do you have? What kind of weapons and/or magic is involved? What were your game goals?

Eagle of Fire 16-02-2006 12:28 PM

Really sound like one of the triology of Krynn games. I think the first one is named Champion of Krynn, I think it was a Dragon Lance AD&D setting.

Jaraak 16-02-2006 02:47 PM

Its been so long! I'm sorry I don't have much more details. I don't think there really wasn much character creation involved, or whether you really had equiptment or not - I cant remember. I do know there was only one player though!

The Krynn series is a bit more advanced than this game, Krynn has graphics for the main view. This thing was more like playing through the architecture plans of a dungeon - very little graphics involved if at all!

Please keep trying!

SirPeter 16-02-2006 03:41 PM

Eye of the beholder series, Stonekeep?
Probably not.

What kind of monsters?

Eagle of Fire 16-02-2006 08:59 PM

Perhaps you are talking about Dungon Hack then?

If it's this game, we don't have it on the site. The oldwarez list say it's Abandonware tough.

Jaraak 17-02-2006 09:37 AM

OMG! This might be it! I must find screenshots to confirm. Abandonware tough? Does that mean its not Abandonware?

Fruit Pie Jones 17-02-2006 02:24 PM

"Tough" should probably be "though" in that sentence, which would mean that it is abandonware - just not on this site at the moment.

Dave 24-09-2007 05:13 PM

Moved from FoN to "Unknown" since we don't know if Dungeoun Hack is the right title.

The current time is 04:59 AM (GMT)