Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Blah, blah, blah... (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Countdown To Serenity (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=7294)

Galadrin 21-09-2005 12:21 AM

Ok, I know that I can't be the only one here to like (ok... love) Joss Whedons Firefly and be incredibly excited that Serenity is coming out right away... So I'd like to know that I'm not alone in my adoration of the show... I'm not alone right? Hello? Hellooo?? hello?

Frodo 21-09-2005 12:23 AM

I wasn't so keen on Firefly, but I LOVE the Buffy and Angel shows (also by Joss Whedon).

:Brain:

allyfaucet 21-09-2005 04:09 AM

I love Firefly!! :Brain:

You're not alone :D And I can't wait to see the movie!!

*more grins*

taikara 21-09-2005 04:10 AM

I adore Firefly, I have the series on DVD :)

Too bad it was cancelled :cry:

But YAY for the movie :Brain:

moogle 21-09-2005 04:11 AM

*hasn't seen Firefly*
Whats it about?
I remember reading a short article on it a while back...

allyfaucet 21-09-2005 05:22 AM

Firefly is based in the future, where some characters are the crew on this spaceship. The kind of spaceship is a firefly (it sort of looks like one) and it's named Serenity. There's a captain, and a bunch of other crew people, and this group carries cargo (sometimes risky or illegal) to places for some highly paid jobs. They're pretty rogue, and if they get caught by the Alliance (like the government) doing some of the illegal jobs they do, they'll be in big trouble. Another interesting thing about it, is that although it's future-based, it's also kind of like a western. The crew of Serenity are kind of like "space cowboys." The writing is superb, but the best thing about the series is the characters and how funny and unique they are. It has very definite characters...a well made series :kosta:

But cancelled after one measly season :cry:

Did I leave anything out, anyone?

Galadrin 21-09-2005 06:00 AM

hmmmmm... pretty good, but:

Mal (captain): Here's how it is: Earth got used up, so we terraformed a whole new galaxy of Earths, some rich and flush with new technologies, some not so much. Central Planets, them was formed the Alliance, waged war to bring everyone under their rule; a few idiots tried to fight it, among them myself. I'm Malcolm Reynolds, captain of the Serenity. Got a good crew: fighters, pilot, mechanic. We even picked up a preacher, and a bona fide companion. There's a doctor, too, his genius sister from some Alliance camp, so they're keeping a low profile. You got a job, we can do it, don't much care what it is.

and

Book (preacher): After the Earth was used up, we found a new solar system and hundreds of new Earths were terraformed and colonized. The central planets formed the Alliance and decided all the planets had to join under their rule. There was some disagreement on that point. After the War, many of the Independents who had fought and lost drifted to the edges of the system, far from Alliance control. Out here, people struggled to get by with the most basic technologies; a ship would bring you work, a gun would help you keep it. A captain's goal was simple: find a crew, find a job, keep flying.

pretty much sums it up IMHO :ok:

*edit: I do hope so much that Book will be in the movie. He's one of the most interesting characters.

*edit again: For those of you interested here's a link to the "viral" campaign for Serenity.

The current time is 03:50 AM (GMT)