Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Blah, blah, blah... (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Worst Food (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=7187)

allyfaucet 14-09-2005 06:18 AM

There are some foods that you just can't stand. I know for me, sometimes the smell is enough to make me feel sick. So what are your least favorite foods and why? Is it the look of it, a texture thing, or just the smell and taste are gag-worthy?

Mine: mustard :sick: and the stew my mom makes...the smell is just :eeeeeh:

Kon-Tiki 14-09-2005 06:55 AM

Fish, and basically only because 75% of the time I eat it, I get horribly ill, turning pale yellow-green, puking like there's no tomorrow and shaking all over. And to think nobody at home believed me whenever I refused to eat fish and refused to come out of my room when they tried to force me to eat it, until I got so ill from it at my granddad's 76th birthday (I ate it then because it'd be not just impolite, but a flatout insult if I'd've refused)

Kearnsy 14-09-2005 06:58 AM

I like most foods and am willing to try anything thats a "cultural delicasy".
But I dont like tapioca pudding! the texture is just wierd, some as lentils in soup.
The grainy texture with the liquid is just wrong!!!! :eeeeeh:

PS: Hooray food topics!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D

Aristharus 14-09-2005 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Kon-Tiki@Sep 14 2005, 08:55 AM
Fish, and basically only because 75% of the time I eat it, I get horribly ill, turning pale yellow-green, puking like there's no tomorrow and shaking all over. And to think nobody at home believed me whenever I refused to eat fish and refused to come out of my room when they tried to force me to eat it, until I got so ill from it at my granddad's 76th birthday (I ate it then because it'd be not just impolite, but a flatout insult if I'd've refused)
I have pretty much the same thing. Can't eat fish. Don't know why, just can't. :sick:

RedHeadSebbe 14-09-2005 07:03 AM

(PeaSoup) unsure of name, but on swedish "Ärtsoppa" i hate that meal :sick:

Aristharus 14-09-2005 07:10 AM

Peasoup's great (if made correctly). Don't know about swedish traditions on how to make it, though. It actually may vary, even though it sounds a bit strange. But I love my mom's peasoup. With a little mustard. Just great.

RedHeadSebbe 14-09-2005 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Aristharus@Sep 14 2005, 09:10 AM
Peasoup's great (if made correctly). Don't know about swedish traditions on how to make it, though. It actually may vary, even though it sounds a bit strange. But I love my mom's peasoup. With a little mustard. Just great.
I dont know exactly. But in ordinary cases you put them in water for about a day, then you cook it. In the "army" they have it on conserve in the field, but when you do the (military service? one obligatory training year.) they have it every Thursday :eeeeeh: in the dining room, but after that it´s pancakes too.

I´m only 16, but i hear rumors about this

Bobbin Threadbare 14-09-2005 08:27 AM

Least favourite...
Licorish
Pumpkin
Sweet Pototao

efthimios 14-09-2005 09:26 AM

Anything to do with kidney. Though I like the smell of kidney while cooking, the taste just annoys me is the best word for it.

What makes me angry though is a sandwich baguet in my local Spar (Wales) where it has lamb (love it), with mint. Why on earth ruin it by putting mint!!! Put cheese, mustard, mayo, I would even accept vinegar, but mint???? It tastes like a chewing gum!
:ranting:

Bobbin Threadbare 14-09-2005 09:38 AM

I hate the fact that any food has the name of a human organ in it. It creeps me out.

The current time is 08:28 PM (GMT)