Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Troubleshooting (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Dosbox Basic Problems (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=5004)

Jimbo1977 13-05-2005 10:48 PM

Can anyone help me - Ive tried helping myself...to no avail by looking at previous forum entries but am not getting far. My problem:

I have installed dosbox and have set up so it is looking for "old games" in c drive, when I run the cd instruction I simply get "unable to change to" whatever it is I am trying to run....

It looks like this:

Z:\>mount C C:\oldgames
Drive C is mounted as local directory C:\oldgames\

Z:\>C:

C:\>cd oldgames
Unable to change to: oldgames

Any Ideas gratefully recieved as this is sending me a bit mental....

Thanks

Jim

robotangel 13-05-2005 10:58 PM

You've mounted c:\oldgames as C. Try a "dir" command to see what's in the directory. Or is in c:\oldgames another directory called "oldgames"? The try "cd oldgam~1".

Good old dos, 6 + 2 letters...

milo 13-05-2005 11:05 PM

read this if you haven't
DOSbox-the easy way to play
this is how i run all abandonia games...

robotangel 13-05-2005 11:27 PM

Buah, Drag n' Drop :help:

;)

Or try DFend, amazing GUI for DOSBox. You can find it via Google. But maybe you won't need it if my solution works.

Virgil 14-05-2005 06:54 AM

Quote:

Good old dos, 6 + 2 letters...
*ahem* actually 8 letters for name + 3 letters for extension ....

samtam90 14-05-2005 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Jimbo1977@May 13 2005, 10:48 PM
Can anyone help me - Ive tried helping myself...to no avail by looking at previous forum entries but am not getting far. My problem:

I have installed dosbox and have set up so it is looking for "old games" in c drive, when I run the cd instruction I simply get "unable to change to" whatever it is I am trying to run....

It looks like this:

Z:\>mount C C:\oldgames
Drive C is mounted as local directory C:\oldgames\

Z:\>C:

C:\>cd oldgames
Unable to change to: oldgames

Any Ideas gratefully recieved as this is sending me a bit mental....

Thanks

Jim

It's imply because you are ALREADY in c:\oldgames (you mounted c: in the folder oldgames). In fact, when you mount a drive in a folder, if you go to that drive you'll go directly to that folder.

robotangel 14-05-2005 02:18 PM

@Virgil

Yes, yes, maybe... I don't really know... Ymou might be right ;)

BeefontheBone 14-05-2005 04:30 PM

You've already mounted that directory as the drive. Type "DIR /w" to see what's there, then change to one of the game's directories.

robotangel 17-05-2005 02:00 PM

If there are a lot of files it's better to try "dir /p". But I don't know what "dir /w" does. I'll try it...

Virgil 17-05-2005 03:03 PM

Dir/w displays the listing in wide format , with as many as five filenames or directory names on each line
Dir/p displays one screen of the listing at a time .To see the next screen press any key

The current time is 01:21 AM (GMT)