Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Old Suggestions (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=144)
-   -   Donations For Prize Give-aways?! (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=3031)

BESTJUNKS 09-02-2005 09:07 PM

While looking through topics I found this by a Tom Henrik

"Reason:
We can't take money for abandoned software. That would mean we are selling copy-righted stuff. And since the content in the VIP section is indeed AW games (only too big for the site. CD-rips and so on), we can't sell VIP-memberships for money.

The donations are only your way off telling us you like the site, and that you want to help us stay active. Those money go to pay the server costs and to buy prizes for the competitions."

Yet on download.php it states "Please support us! It will help us improve the site even further and keep it alive and kicking. All income is strictly used for paying the server costs. Thank you very much"

You might want to let people know their 2cents is going towards entertainment give-aways for the forum hobbits and not just to cover the server costs.

Tulac 09-02-2005 09:19 PM

I think those prizes were payed by admins(picard I think) themselves with their own money and that all the donation money IS going for server upkeep.

Welcome new member :bye:

Reup 10-02-2005 07:28 AM

Indeed. The Picard bought the game out of his own money, which he stated in the opening post of the giveaway thread. But if you didn't bother to read the whole intro-post and like to jump to conclusions... oh wait ,you already did that.

wormpaul 10-02-2005 07:55 AM

At least..

Let`s hope it`s true :whistle:

Tom Henrik 10-02-2005 07:59 AM

That is correct.

The Picard bought Fallout and Outcast from his own pocket money.

Maikel 10-02-2005 08:39 AM

great first post mate ;)

anyways, welcome.

Omuletzu 10-02-2005 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by BESTJUNKS@Feb 10 2005, 12:07 AM
While looking through topics I found this by a Tom Henrik

"Reason:
We can't take money for abandoned software. That would mean we are selling copy-righted stuff. And since the content in the VIP section is indeed AW games (only too big for the site. CD-rips and so on), we can't sell VIP-memberships for money.

The donations are only your way off telling us you like the site, and that you want to help us stay active. Those money go to pay the server costs and to buy prizes for the competitions."

Yet on download.php it states "Please support us! It will help us improve the site even further and keep it alive and kicking. All income is strictly used for paying the server costs. Thank you very much"

You might want to let people know their 2cents is going towards entertainment give-aways for the forum hobbits and not just to cover the server costs.

Yep you got it wright, mate, i just bought a new mobile phone with money from your donations :thx:

On the serious side of things though, i must say that picard has my full admiration.Buying games with his hard earned cash, just so he can make someone's day, and give it to him :) .That just goes to show you the dedication he has put in to this site, to make it what it is today.And i really don't think he needs this kind of bs.Locking this down

PS Two thumbs way up Picard! :ok: :ok:

The current time is 04:59 AM (GMT)