Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Approved Requests (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=76)
-   -   Crash Garrett (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=15656)

Horoma 14-08-2006 10:13 AM

Crash Garrett, a text-based adventure game from ERE Informatique, about a pilot with a criminal past, who decided to stay at the right side of the law, and opposes the nazis in this game. Best comparison would be "Indiana Jones and the last crusade", but this game is actually older than the Indiana Jones series (1987 ?). :w00t:

Not sure if I still have my original copy lying around, but it's a 5 1/4 floppy anyway. I have no idea if this game is abandonware, I found very little reference about it on the net. :unsure:

Edit : Found a website mentioning : "ERE informatique was acquired by Infogrames in 1986. The name of the company was later changed to Exxos, before its members moved to create Cryo Interactive." HOTU mentions "Bought by Infogrames in 1986 (Infogrames France), but still exists today as a separate label. " Does this mean it's ESA protected, even though it's a very old game, and no longer for sale ?

The Fifth Horseman 16-08-2006 02:54 PM

Far beyond the "15 years rule, I'd suppose". So it's pretty much safe.

GraveDigger 23-08-2006 04:50 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Horoma @ Aug 14 2006, 02:13 PM) [snapback]248503[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

Crash Garrett, a text-based adventure game from ERE Informatique, about a pilot with a criminal past, who decided to stay at the right side of the law, and opposes the nazis in this game.[/b]
I only played it on Amiga somewhere in 1988~89, but in PC it was only released in French and one other non-english language. The graphics were pathetic for PC version as compared to Amiga. This game can easily pass itself as the shortest Interactive Fiction with Graphics game ever made. I remember finishing it in a couple of hours without any help -- with walkthru it can be finished in less than half an hour.

By the way it could be a fine addition in the French Abandonware csection of this site.

P.S: Hmm, anyone got a good walkthru of this game in English?

Horoma 24-08-2006 07:41 AM

Damn, seems my original post got lost with the server move. :wallbash:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GraveDigger @ Aug 23 2006, 06:50 PM) [snapback]250590[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

I only played it on Amiga somewhere in 1988~89, but in PC it was only released in French and one other non-english language. [/b]
I had Crash Garrett in English for PC, so I'm 100% sure it exists. Unfortunately, I left all my 5,25 inch floppies at my parents' house, when I moved out. Next time I go over, I'll see if I can still find it. Unfortunately, IF I find it, I haven't got a 5,25 inch floppy drive left to read it. :tai:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GraveDigger @ Aug 23 2006, 06:50 PM) [snapback]250590[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

The graphics were pathetic for PC version as compared to Amiga. [/b]
When I was looking for references on the net (very little to find actually), I saw screenshots from both the Amiga and PC version, and I had the impression the PC version had better graphics. :unsure:

Quote:

This game can easily pass itself as the shortest Interactive Fiction with Graphics game ever made. I remember finishing it in a couple of hours without any help -- with walkthru it can be finished in less than half an hour.
[/b]
I never play with walkthrough, but I guess most adventure games can be finished quite quickly with a walkthrough. I personally never finished the game, I was quite young, and English isn't my native language, so I'm curious of the whole story. And I rather play a short interesting game than a long boring one. :ok:

Luchsen 18-09-2007 09:23 PM

Split off from What Oldies Would You Like To See On Abandonia?

Crash Garrett | 1988 | Ère Informatique | [APPROVED]

Yes, there is an English DOS version.

Dragom 22-11-2009 10:52 PM

Crash Garret

Crash Garret (English version)
developer: Metal Hurlant
publisher: Ère Informatique

TotalAnarchy 07-12-2010 01:47 PM

I haven't found any info on an english version. :mhh:

TotalAnarchy 26-12-2010 01:38 PM

Well, since we accept games in other languages, whatever, [APPROVED]

arete 05-07-2011 03:26 PM

Looks like two Crash Garretts as well ;)

TotalAnarchy 05-05-2012 01:59 PM

It seems this and this are the same, should be merged under Crash Garrett.

The current time is 07:31 AM (GMT)