Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Gaming Zone (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Smash Bros Melee! (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=15232)

Kearnsy 22-08-2007 03:16 PM

Me and my mates have played SSBM for quite a while now and have some serious battles.

Anyone else play it hard? eg: wavedashing, shffling, cancels etc.

What character do you use and levels you like?

Eagle of Fire 22-08-2007 05:16 PM

Me and my friend always play free for all with 5 lives against 2 other computer of max level. We are pretty hardcore, and when we are both in good shape to play it can go on and on and on... Only thing I hate about this game is that sometime the game is bent on killing me with items. We play with handicap you see, and I often am at handicap 2 or even 1! Which mean that a single item falling on your head can kill you in a breeze... :unsure:

My best character is Captain Falcon, followed by Pichu, Peach, Mr Game and Watch, Kirby, Mario, Dr Mario and Bowser in that order. I think I am not forgetting any...

I really hate playing with Marth and Roy, as well as with Samus.

Edit: Oh, and you can't call yourself an "hardcore" SSBM player before you've at least beaten level 51. ;)

Kearnsy 23-08-2007 04:20 PM

51 of course!! one of the only levels jiggly puff is good for!!
Im useing falco now but used to play with Dr mario, sheik and falcon.

Try Youtubing some of the pro matches its just crazy how fast and perfect they are!

I think the new one is going to have net play, I hope so... we could have a game!!

PS: I cant believe you like kirby and pichu!!! they're so useless!!!! LOL

Eagle of Fire 24-08-2007 02:11 AM

Well, Kirby is easy to get smashed around like a big baloon... But you should really try Pichu. He's so small he dodge half the blows and he's quite deadly. Of course, you need to know him well to be effective, and the fact that he hurt himself with all his attacks is annoying... But he's a nice advanced character. :)

BTW, I've beaten area 51 with Fox and Captain Falcon. :) I'd never consider using Jigglypuff ever... :unsure:

guildie 04-09-2007 09:36 AM

But Jigglypuff has that sleep attack that can practically kill you in one blow.... Man, haven't playe Super Smash Bro's Melee in a while, since I'm waiting for Brawl. I never really tried doing all the technical stuff, like canceling and such. I just used my reflexes, and my intuition to win.

Eagle of Fire 04-09-2007 06:03 PM

I never saw someone use the sleep attack of Jigglypuff effectively... When you know what to expect, you just don't get had with that kind of trick. You just evade it, and kick the crap out of Jugglypuff while she's incapacited. :P

Kearnsy 05-09-2007 04:43 PM

Jiggly sleeping!

watch this for some Jiggly skills :max:

Eagle of Fire 05-09-2007 06:09 PM

I could, if I had flash installed on my computer... :P

Gary_Oak 07-09-2007 05:44 PM

I love Super Smash Bros. Melee, it's gotta be one of the best fighting games ever (and one of the few I like), I just think it's a shame it doesn't have online play, as I think that this is one of those games that would be perfect online.

gufu1992 20-09-2007 01:51 AM

just to randomly jump in - I can't believe you guys hate samus.

The current time is 01:31 AM (GMT)