Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Approved Requests (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=76)
-   -   MissionForce - Cyberstorm (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=13361)

adamtaylor356 29-01-2007 02:43 PM

MissionForce - Cyberstorm

Turn Based strategy game by Sierra. Had a sequel too, I think. I was really more interested in even knowing the status on it (I couldn't find it in the status list).

The Fifth Horseman 29-01-2007 02:51 PM

Published in 1996. Sierra games have an active ESA protection period of 15 years, therefore the soonest this game could be up on Abandonia is in 2012

adamtaylor356 29-01-2007 04:57 PM

Well that's going to save me some time trying to request Sierra games. Thanks.

Bedlem 01-06-2007 03:28 PM

Even though I have found it on a couple of the linked sites they are incomplete, and fouled versions that have serious issues, like being only the demo of the game or it without its CD content. I have yet to find a good full version of MissonForce: Cyberstorm.

This game was fantastic in its depth and attention to detail. I rate it up with the best games of all time, to give you an idea of what I consider good and thus qualify my statement: It shares a place of honor up with:

X-Com Apocalypse
Earthsiege 2
SimCity---the original
GTA: Vice City
and Twisted Metal 2
I might even through Outpost 2 in there with Dune 2.

I would like to either see MissionForce: Cyberstorm added, or someone help me find a full version of it somewhere. I know its abandonware now, but I just can't find anyone who has a good clean version of it and I know that it would be a great addition to the site.

The Fifth Horseman 01-06-2007 03:49 PM

Mission Force: Cyberstorm - Sierra 1996 - ESA protected until 2022

Sorry, no go. We can't help you in finding a copy for download either.

All I can suggest is that you check Amazon or eBay for used copies.

Bedlem 01-06-2007 03:54 PM

2022? Good lord. I will be in my 40s :-( Guess I have to try to dig up my copy again. Lost it 2 years ago in a move. Btw the words, "How hard can it be to find a lime green CD." Should never be uttered since it seems to assure you that you will never locate it again.

Bedlem 05-01-2009 07:34 PM

MissionForce: CyberStorm

Old Sierra Game it came out after Earthsiege 1 but before earthsiege 2, set in the same universe but way into the future.

Any chance we can get a decent version of it up on the site?

faeornran 18-03-2009 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bedlem (Post 347137)
Old Sierra Game it came out after Earthsiege 1 but before earthsiege 2, set in the same universe but way into the future.

Any chance we can get a decent version of it up on the site?

I own the CD. If you give me a week or so (and if I can figure out how to upload stuff again, haven't done it in forever) I can get the game up. Should be unprotected now, aye?

Luchsen 18-03-2009 01:16 PM

Yes. PM sent. :PM:

The Fifth Horseman 31-07-2009 11:35 AM

Since Sierra left ESA last year and the game cannot be found for sale, it's approved now.

Now we need an archive.

The current time is 06:52 AM (GMT)