Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Blah, blah, blah... (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Another Movie Topic. (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=12824)

VERTICAL PIG 30-11-2006 05:18 AM

ok movies that have been made from the games have fallen into the video rental category Sucktatood.
So what would you have changed to make them better?
Also what game would you make a movie out of, have you had any ideas?

I think it would be interesting to make one out of Lode Runner. Its sumwhat odd and interest to my imagination.
http://entropymine.com/jason/lr/screenshots/lr2-9.jpg

TheChosen 30-11-2006 07:12 AM

I would love to see a Leisure Suit Larry movie. It would be a perfect comedy mixture of Saturday Night Fever & A Night at the Roxbury.

And of course, It would be great If I could play Larry's part.

gregor 30-11-2006 07:32 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(VERTICAL PIG @ Nov 30 2006, 07:18 AM) [snapback]269356[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

ok movies that have been made from the games have fallen into the video rental category Sucktatood.
[/b]

what do you mean? some of the movies i quite liked. like for example Resident evil 1 & 2. doom wasn't bad also. Mortal combat is also quite good.

i wonder what Hitman will look like although it will probably suck cause they didnt' want to choose the actor who gave his face for the real (game) hitman.

Koen 30-11-2006 07:59 AM

Was Tomb Raider in the category sucktatood?

I think a movie of Commander Keen could be interesting. A mix between humor and euh... serious aliens? :blink: 'Aliens ate my babysitter'...

Tulac 30-11-2006 08:02 AM

I don't know to me it was pretty pointless making a movie after Tomb Raider and it was quite boring to me, because level of interaction is just too big in a videogame that a movie could substitute it.

However making a Leisure Suit Larry movie, now that would be interesting. :D

Lulu_Jane 30-11-2006 08:23 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TheChosen @ Nov 30 2006, 08:12 AM) [snapback]269360[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

I would love to see a Leisure Suit Larry movie. It would be a perfect comedy mixture of Saturday Night Fever & A Night at the Roxbury.

And of course, It would be great If I could play Larry's part.
[/b]
I've got dibs on being Passionate Patti - she always made me laugh :)

The Fifth Horseman 30-11-2006 08:49 AM

I think that a very good movie could be made out of Flashback: Quest for Identity.
The game is very cinematic by itself, and it would require only minimal work to make into a movie scenario.

Lulu_Jane 30-11-2006 09:02 AM

I've just said this recently in another topic, but my vote goes for a sweeping cinematic version of Pong.

It couldn't be any worse than any of the other game-to-films made so far.

Mighty Midget 30-11-2006 09:08 AM

As a 50's trash movie fan, I have to say Space Invaders would make a great sci-fi/action/thriller. Only, of course, the whole movie would be a distant view of the "Defence" in it's valiant battle for freedom. 2 hours of heart-stopping exitement... or something.

nace 30-11-2006 09:19 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lulu_Jane @ Nov 30 2006, 10:02 AM) [snapback]269385[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

I've just said this recently in another topic, but my vote goes for a sweeping cinematic version of Pong.

It couldn't be any worse than any of the other game-to-films made so far.
[/b]
The only movie based on a game that didn`t dissapoint me, is "Silent Hill".

Everything else is made too fast, with greed for money, forcing special effects and giving no story what so ever.
The movie that dissapointed me the most is Resident Evil. I love horror-survival-adventure games, and that movie has nothing to do with the atmosphere that the game is giving to you. You would say: "Yeah man, because there is a difference between a movie and a game" and give me a smiley like this - ;) .

But wach Silent Hill, and you`ll feel the game influence in the game movie. Some simmilar special efects, some similar atmosphere, and everything. The director of the movie (Samuel Hadida) made a good job.

A movie is needed for Half - Life :ok: . Or is it?
But I`m quite sure they will make one.

The current time is 01:28 AM (GMT)