Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Troubleshooting (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Abandonia's Copy Of Norton Commander (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=12749)

The Fifth Horseman 22-11-2006 12:43 PM

Did anyone manage to succesfully install that thing on DosBox 0.65?
For me it just keeps giving some "file missing" message.

I'm currently using an older version of NC that I copied from my old DOS machine, but the one on AB seems to be more up-to-date version.

Data 22-11-2006 07:26 PM

got it a futher when using 0.61

mika 23-11-2006 11:01 AM

Rather try use Dos Navigator. Much, much better.

Someone should probably add it to the utils page on Abandonia too.

lwc 04-05-2007 06:26 PM

I've had no trouble installing it in DOSBox 0.70, but I came here wondering what's the difference between the installation ZIP and the images. I didn't bother downloading the images.

Also, please fix the version in the download page from 5.5 to 5.51. True, only the install.cfg file indicates it's 5.51 and not 5.5, but it's 5.51 nonetheless.

_r.u.s.s. 04-05-2007 11:19 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(lwc @ May 4 2007, 08:26 PM) [snapback]289257[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

I've had no trouble installing it in DOSBox 0.70, but I came here wondering what's the difference between the installation ZIP and the images. I didn't bother downloading the images.

Also, please fix the version in the download page from 5.5 to 5.51. True, only the install.cfg file indicates it's 5.51 and not 5.5, but it's 5.51 nonetheless.
[/b]
well
Quote:

Originally posted by www.abandonia.com
*.img files can be copied to real floppies
you ll have 'prepared' floppy for instalation on any computer, while the zip is one big file with already installed version (that cant be put in to one floppy)

btw, next time make a new topic, dont ressurect old ones=)

lwc 05-05-2007 12:54 PM

Quote:

well[/b]
Well, I hope it'll get done...
Quote:

the zip is one big file with already installed version (that cant be put in to one floppy)[/b]
Escuse me? The zip is an installation just as well only not divided to multiple files.

Quote:

btw, next time make a new topic, dont ressurect old ones=)[/b]
Think about it, if everybody followed your advise, each game would have 10000000000 topics...

_r.u.s.s. 05-05-2007 01:12 PM

first of all. whats your problem? o_O

second of all, the fact that its divided in to multiple files means, that it can be put on floppes (like i said..) and easily transferred on different computer with floppy drives, where one big file cant be sticked.

and that thing about topics.. games discussion and troubleshooting is something different. read the rules, -iwc-, no ressurecting after 3-4 weeks .. and this thread was half year old

bobson 06-05-2007 08:39 PM

What is the point to install it under DOSBox? Is there a chance to "save" installed programs under DOSBox? Or is it just installed and ready to work both under DOSBox and (possibly) Windows?

jg007 06-05-2007 09:06 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bob-satan @ May 6 2007, 09:39 PM) [snapback]289433[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

What is the point to install it under DOSBox? [/b]
personally I can see no point at ALL for using norton commander in dosbox. why on earth would you want to do that??????, windows explorer will do your file managment.

heck, I am a real dos fanboy and even I wouldn't bother using it!

just my opinion so feel free to enlighten me

Icewolf 07-05-2007 09:49 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jg007 @ May 6 2007, 11:06 PM) [snapback]289436[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

personally I can see no point at ALL for using norton commander in dosbox. why on earth would you want to do that??????, windows explorer will do your file managment.

heck, I am a real dos fanboy and even I wouldn't bother using it!

just my opinion so feel free to enlighten me[/b]
Well when I was a kid I accidently started a process in the NC and it screwed the harddisk... <_<
I had little knowledge of it, so... ^_^
I think it is a nice tool for maneuvering through DOS (dos box started).
Of course the Windows Explorer will work for file management.
It's maybe a matter of taste.

The current time is 07:11 AM (GMT)