Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Games Discussion (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Walls Of Rome (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=10837)

guesst 24-06-2006 06:51 PM

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review and Download (if available)

WaAn 24-06-2006 07:32 PM

"HERE* that sound?That's the sound of the Walls of Rome coming down. Command ancient armies in an all out fight for supremicy**!

* You've meant HEAR?
** Supremacy?

Guest 24-06-2006 08:33 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(WaAn @ Jun 24 2006, 07:32 PM) [snapback]239413[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

"HERE* that sound?That's the sound of the Walls of Rome coming down. Command ancient armies in an all out fight for supremicy**!

* You've meant HEAR?
** Supremacy?
[/b]
Very mature. I hope I spelt that correctly.

Anyways; aAfun game in it's day , but it seems clunky to play it now. For example X-com stands the test of time, and has never been replicated. This game falls under the been there done that and someone did it better theme. It was fun to play again, but I suppose I was impressed pretty easily as a teenager. :blink:

guesst 24-06-2006 11:54 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Jun 24 2006, 08:33 PM) [snapback]239416[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(WaAn @ Jun 24 2006, 07:32 PM) [snapback]239413[/snapback]
Quote:

* You've meant HEAR?
** Supremacy?
[/b]
Very mature. I hope I spelt that correctly.

Anyways; aAfun game in it's day , but it seems clunky to play it now. For example X-com stands the test of time, and has never been replicated. This game falls under the been there done that and someone did it better theme. It was fun to play again, but I suppose I was impressed pretty easily as a teenager. :blink:
[/b][/quote]
Nothing wrong with that. I appreciate the heads up. However, in the future to avoid cluttering up the game's perminant forum topic with stuff about the news post that won't be around for long, just PM the person who made the post.

laiocfar 25-06-2006 02:28 AM

Two things, i will love to play some Siege like game. Siege and Ambush were great lacked of coordination sense between scenarios.
Second if someone laughs of my english without a minimal sign of respect, i will kill him or protest according to the situation.

ShadowBlade 25-06-2006 12:06 PM

The review's a bit too harsh, in my humble opinion. Criticising the control scheme is fair, but complaining about multiplayer (which was very rare in 1993) and the learning curve (which shouldn't add nor substract from the score) is a bit silly. The game deserves a 3 or a 4, but then again, I'm not a reviewer. :unsure:

Japo 25-06-2006 12:23 PM

Well SB, you could perfectly be a reviewer, all you've got to do is requesting a game which be now in the queue.

Anyway I kind of agree about the multiplayer option. Aside from being rare in 1993, Guesst himself says in the review that the gameplay makes it nearly impossible to implement anyway. I know that many people here enjoy multiplayer gaming most, but especially speaking about old games, there are plenty of great ones which don't have that option.

I'll give this game a try some day, so I think.

Guest_Mike_* 25-06-2006 04:58 PM

Hey Japofran of wich game is your avatar?

laiocfar 25-06-2006 10:15 PM

Japofran avatar is from Colonization, anyway, as all siege like games it fails to got a campaign mode or something that make the game one game and not a succesion of disconected battles.

Japo 26-06-2006 12:41 AM

Yes, it's one of the advisors from Colonization. :D But Guesst said that this game does have campaigns?

Quote:

When you start a game you can either play a battle or start a campaign. As you can guess battles are disconnected and mostly opportunities to quickly smash some enemy head and campaigns are a string of interrelated battles.[/b]
I haven't tried it myself yet though. :unsure:

The current time is 10:34 AM (GMT)