Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Gaming Zone (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Baldies Online (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=10025)

Goodguy3 24-04-2006 10:49 PM

Umm, hi..im just wondering if theres a way to play baldies online, ive clicked on the Baldnet icon, but no servers are displayed. i understand that the game is old, so are there other places to play this magnificant game with other people?

Shrek 24-04-2006 11:03 PM

Baldies "online"? :blink:

If I remember correctly when I used to play this game (and when I wrote the review), there is support for multiplayer (although I must confess I never tested it) but only through a network - you will need to have the "IPX Protocol" installed on both computers in order for the game to accept the multiplayer connection.

About playing it "online" I don't think it is possible - the file "baldnet.exe" refers to running the game on a local network and not over the "internet". :whistle:

Off topic :ot: : What the heck… Baldies is still sold? :eeeeeh:

Goodguy3 24-04-2006 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Shrek@Apr 24 2006, 11:03 PM
Baldies "online"? :blink:

If I remember correctly when I used to play this game (and when I wrote the review), there is support for multiplayer (although I must confess I never tested it) but only through a network - you will need to have the "IPX Protocol" installed on both computers in order for the game to accept the multiplayer connection.

About playing it "online" I don't think it is possible - the file "baldnet.exe" refers to running the game on a local network and not over the "internet". :whistle:

Off topic :ot: : What the heck… Baldies is still sold? :eeeeeh:

:wall: oh, i see, its LAN. i diddnt understand why nothing appeared, thanks

off topic? this is troubleshooting right? i couldnt get multiplayer to work so i sought help. Now I understand that I will not be able to play multiplayer.

Shrek 24-04-2006 11:19 PM

Oh, sorry, when I said "off topic" I meant my last sentence (that one: "What the heck… Baldies is still sold?")

Apparently their rights belong to a company called "Edgies" - known before as "Creative Edge Software"... They probably asked the site administrators to remove the game from here. It's no longer available for download at Abandonia.

Goodguy3 24-04-2006 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Shrek@Apr 24 2006, 06:19 PM
Oh, sorry, when I said "off topic" I meant my last sentence (that one: "What the heck… Baldies is still sold?")

Apparently their rights belong to a company called "Edgies" - known before as "Creative Edge Software"... They probably asked the site administrators to remove the game from here. It's no longer available for download at Abandonia.

woah, i got it just in time then o_0

oh, sorry for the misunderstanding :sniper: :wall:

Eagle of Fire 25-04-2006 12:55 AM

Moved to favorite.

The current time is 08:39 AM (GMT)