Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Gaming Zone (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Easter Eggs (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=4337)

Unknown Hero 09-04-2005 06:09 PM

Did you ever discover an easter egg in a game? I bet you did! Now tell us about it.

Also if you want to talk about some secret chambers you discovered in some game, fell free to tell us. :ok:

Here's an easter egg:

Desperados
In the level when you rescue Doctor McCoy, when John tells you to use
the scarecrow and put it somewhere, instead of
putting in front of the 2 cowboys, you put it on
the same spot you sunk the boat with the precision
bullets. After you place the scarecrow Doc points
it's hand to the sunken boat and rises it from the
water. Then, John Cooper will say: "May the force be
with you, young McCoy!"

Yobor 09-04-2005 06:25 PM

In Crusader: No Remorse, I remember an Easter egg somewhere in the game, where a special teleporter brings you to a room with a huge boss-robot called the cheese-machine or something. There is every gun in the game, posters of the developers, and a giant egg!

TaloN 09-04-2005 06:32 PM

LOL ive found most of the special encounters in fallout

fav = the cafe of broken dreams.

DeathDude 09-04-2005 06:34 PM

The First one offhand is from the sims house party when you buy the Jungle Jumble Import Display" and get your sim to view it, you'll get a pic from the development team.

The second one I can remember is from Escape from Monkey Island

"On Jambalaya Island, walk up to Murray at Planet Threepwood. Keep trying to pick him up until he begins repeating himself. Then rotate Guybrush so that he is not looking at anything in particular.
Type 'murrayball' and you will play Pong with Murray's head. Use your Up and Down arrow keys to control your banana."

Unknown Hero 09-04-2005 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by TaloN@Apr 9 2005, 07:32 PM
LOL ive found most of the special encounters in fallout

fav = the cafe of broken dreams.

Yep. I recall the one with Star Trek easter egg.

Broken Spaceshuttle and a lot of red, yellow, blue and green clothes, just like those from Voyager.

FreeFreddy 09-04-2005 06:48 PM

I encountered quite some of the easter eggs in the classical games, but right now I can recall two of them:

1. Dungeon Keeper - when you start the game on the 5th May, 3rd May and on every full moon day, there are different greetings than the usual ones.

2. Rise of the Triad - if you start the game with the following command-line parameter rott.exe -dopefish, the rotary Dopefish appears, the game has different level names and "comments" and the menus have different sounds.
Also there is a "bizarre bonus deathcam" available - when you're killed from a missile, flame wand or a powerful weapon, the camera circles around you before you explode / burn out.

Yobor 09-04-2005 06:55 PM

What about 'Sasha' from Fallout? She is behind the catherdral. She is the pet of a developer's friend.

BeefontheBone 09-04-2005 07:04 PM

There's a few in HL2 - in fact PCGamer had a feature on them last month. Off the top of my head, when you have to play with Alyx and the Gravity Gun, if instead of pulling some crates off a high ledge you climb up there, there's an old Black Mesa HEV charger up there.

Yobor 09-04-2005 07:06 PM

Ha! Interesting. Did you see the speed-trials of the different games? In one, the guy uses the laser to skip most of Xen. I call that an Easter egg, just because it is possible.

BeefontheBone 09-04-2005 07:08 PM

the HL in an hour thing is awesome - i thnk thats the one you mean

The current time is 05:23 AM (GMT)