Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Offers (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   Eleima512 - Jill of the Jungle (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=21172)

Eleima512 04-06-2009 12:09 PM

Eleima512 - KQ4 & KQ 6 Manuals

Greetings!
For a couple of years, I have greatly enjoyed Abandonia games, unearthing old games from my childhood. And I figure it's time to give back a little of that old MS-DOS love! :clap:
I've checked here, and since Origin is now a subsidiary of EA, and since the game was released in 1991, it's more than 15 years old, and it should be okay for me to make it available to others? Unfortunately, I don't have any box shots for Wing Commander 2: Vengeance of the Kilrathi. I used to have the box and original floppies, but I think they got lost or tossed away when my parents moved. I am however willing to volunteer the game in a nicely little packed Zip, a bug fix (otherwise it'll freeze up at times, kinda annoying), screenshots, and even a review. It's not a big game (about 15 Mb), so it shouldn't be too much of a hassle.
Keep me posted if anyone's interested! :)
Eleima

Edit: I neglected to mention that I have the Manual in Pdf format as well, and that it includes the expansions Special Operations 1 & 2 as a bonus.

dark86 05-06-2009 06:01 AM

sounds like a interning game i give it a try :)
through your positive no EA copyright is present right :whistling:

dosraider 05-06-2009 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eleima512 (Post 368356)
.... a bug fix (otherwise it'll freeze up at times, kinda annoying).....

'loadfix' solves that freezing problem under dosbox.

Eleima512 05-06-2009 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dosraider (Post 368507)
'loadfix' solves that freezing problem under dosbox.

That's the one I was referring to. I'm not sure it's really a "bug fix" per se, but at the very least, it's a workaround.

TotalAnarchy 05-06-2009 02:07 PM

I'm wondering about the 15 MB size. Shouldn't there be more, since Wing Commander II: Deluxe Edition includes also a speech pack?

Either way, it's [APPROVED]

The manual is welcome, and the review is even more. Do you have ftp access?

Eleima512 06-06-2009 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TotalAnarchy (Post 368558)
I'm wondering about the 15 MB size. Shouldn't there be more, since Wing Commander II: Deluxe Edition includes also a speech pack?
Either way, it's [APPROVED]
The manual is welcome, and the review is even more. Do you have ftp access?

I do have speech on the version I have, although it's only digitized speech in all space combat communications and in a couple of cut scenes. I guess that's the contents of the Wing Commander II: Speech Accessory Pack. As for the size... *shrug* Well the zip is 15mb, but unzipped, it's about 28mb. That's pretty much all I got, but I *did* have the dig speech on my last play through.
I haven't written the review yet, as I didn't know if it would be green lighted or not, but I can get it down by the end of the week-end.
As for FTP access, no, I do not have FTP access, although I have Filezilla and know how to use it if you can just point me in the right direction. :)

Paco 06-06-2009 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eleima512 (Post 368713)
I haven't written the review yet, as I didn't know if it would be green lighted or not, but I can get it down by the end of the week-end.
As for FTP access, no, I do not have FTP access, although I have Filezilla and know how to use it if you can just point me in the right direction. :)

*sent PM* Review? we are glad to accept it. :clap:

Eleima512 07-06-2009 02:58 PM

The goods are uploaded and ready to roll! ^_^ Your move, staffers!

Eleima512 09-08-2009 04:21 PM

Eleima - MDK Manual

Greetings everyone!
I was going through some boxes of computer stuff at my parents, and although I haven't found the floppy disk to the first game I ever played, Think Quick! from The Learning Company (circa 1987, but I swear I will find it! :D ), I *did* come across the manual to MDK. I see it's already up, so perhaps you'd like a pdf with scans from the manual?

Tell me if it's green lighted, and I'll get right on it and upload it!
Cheers!
Eleima

TotalAnarchy 09-08-2009 04:35 PM

Yes, we'd love your scans of the MDK manual. If I'm not mistaken you already have FTP access, so don't hesitate to upload it. :)

The current time is 08:34 PM (GMT)