Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Music, Art, Movies (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=142)
-   -   What Instruments Do You Play? (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=15236)

Tulac 23-08-2007 10:14 AM

Well the Germans sort of invented it, so they win. :D

Icewolf 23-08-2007 10:23 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tulac @ Aug 23 2007, 12:14 PM) [snapback]306182[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

Well the Germans sort of invented it, so they win. :D[/b]
Yay, that's rare! :brain:

Except from the Wembley game yesterday... :sneaky:

:offtopic: sorry... :tomato:

chumloofah 23-08-2007 10:37 AM

Is it just me, or do "mouth harmonica" and "hand harmonica" sound like euphemisms?

Mighty Midget 23-08-2007 10:39 AM

I believe it's just you :P LOL

I did try an accordion, but I couldn't figure it out in the 10 minutes my sis allowed me to try. I like to check out new instruments and their sounds, but I can't say I actually know how to play them.

Tito 26-08-2007 10:39 PM

Piano - Studied it for many years, then stopped playing it, and now I've recovered it (well, a few years ago).

Guitar (classical and electric) - Self teaching resulting in a quite personal way of playing it.

Flute - Just a bit of this one, I never had a decent instrument.

Ocarina - Well, I found one while traveling abroad and couldn't help buying it.

I started playing bassoon, but some problems involving the renting of the instrument spoiled it. Now I'm planning on buying a sax as soon as I get some money.

Lulu_Jane 27-08-2007 08:13 AM

Ok, there are going to be some embarrassing revelations in this post...

*braces herself*

Clarinet, I used to play it well, but that was pre-black lung days, so I'm a bit scared to pick it up now. It home in its case in my mothers house in Australia, although I do miss it.

Guitar, but nothing special, I just like to play it so I have an excuse to sing.

Ok, here's the dorky bit....

Quote:

Originally posted by Icewolf
In primary school we had to play recorder... laughing.gif I think I remember how to play C and B... hysterical.gif
I played bass, tenor and treble recorder in a medieval and renaissance consort that once represented our town for some musical thing. The bass recorder is nearly as tall as me, and looks more like a bassoon.

Ultra music-nerd comment - I think it's a shame they give those plastic pieces of crap to let children pipe away on, it's destroyed the reputation of an instrument that can be beautiful when played properly.

I will now go and hide.

Tito 27-08-2007 12:22 PM

Why being ashamed? I like to learn how to play any kind of intrument I get my hands on, be it a basson, a bagpipe, a banjo or anything. And I would love to lay my hands on some weird and imaginative instruments. As the ones created by this group of comics: Les Luthiers. They have some crazy and brilliant inventions.

chumloofah 27-08-2007 12:42 PM

Quote:

Ultra music-nerd comment - I think it's a shame they give those plastic pieces of crap to let children pipe away on, it's destroyed the reputation of an instrument that can be beautiful when played properly.[/b]
I actually took up the bagpipes at school to get out of playing the recorder in assemblies.
The price of talent is to be made to play shitty tunes on shitty instruments in public where I come from. :D

Blood-Pigggy 27-08-2007 05:21 PM

I've never seen such an excess of the word muck.

I play the organ, electric that is, probably one of the most expensive and annoying instruments to assemble, but it has the best damn sound ever.

Hammonds are awesome, unfortunately I haven't been able to find any of those old junky models, I just have the newer one Hammond is selling which is underwhelming since I used to play the old big one at my grandmother's home, stool and all, with the countless keys and levers, I used to make all the weirdest sounds for playing songs and it was great.

chumloofah 27-08-2007 05:58 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Blood-Pigggy @ Aug 27 2007, 06:21 PM) [snapback]307110[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

I play the organ, electric that is, probably one of the most expensive and annoying instruments to assemble, but it has the best damn sound ever.
[/b]
Very cool instrument.
Pipe organs have a better sound though, if you can fit one in your house.
You can literally feel the music.

The current time is 11:13 AM (GMT)