Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Gaming Zone (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Weekly Poll: How do you like an old game to be re-released on digital stores? (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=29023)

Tracker 01-09-2012 01:33 PM

Weekly Poll: How do you like an old game to be re-released on digital stores?

Weekly Poll has came back from it's summer vacation, curious to read your posts and see...

"How do you like an old game to be re-released on digital stores such as GOG, XBLA or WiiWare?"

This question was posted by our local rebel TotalAnarchy. Feel free to explain ideas not covered in this poll. Most importantly, don't forget to post your OWN polls here.

dosraider 01-09-2012 01:44 PM

Original as it was.
However, if 'remake' or 'additional goodies' they could include the original in the download or let the customer choose what version he/she/it wants.

Japo 01-09-2012 02:13 PM

I like several of the options, :P they can surely make more than one release. I do want the original version to be made available of course. But things like offering the soundtrack in a standard format so you don't have to rip it yourself, are a must really. At the same time I might like a graphical remake. Or a total remake (Sid Meier's Pirates!). Or I might not if it's bad. :P Something like optional additional levels would always be welcome; regarding other enhanced content it depends.

As Dosraider says it would be best if they always offered the original as an extra download, and in general they offered all the options. Surely they don't mind giving the original game to someone who's bought a remake (except for tech support on new computers...)

Panthro 01-09-2012 02:43 PM

Only minor modifications for me (to make sure they run properly on new systems etc.), but I do like having all the extras.

I'm not against remakes and stuff being available too though.

Antifederalist 01-09-2012 03:21 PM

I answered... The original version, no modifications. I hate it when the original CDDA tracks or WAV files are compressed to a lossy format.

Eagle of Fire 01-09-2012 04:11 PM

To be frank, I really prefer not to see them put online only. I always prefered a hard copy.

For the offered answers, I answered with original only. No point in liking old games if they make a remake and add modern things inside...

Capo 01-09-2012 04:30 PM

The original with additional goodies such as soundtrack, wallpapers, dev commentary, artwork.

Japo 01-09-2012 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antifederalist (Post 445663)
I answered... The original version, no modifications. I hate it when the original CDDA tracks or WAV files are compressed to a lossy format.

Of course the original mustn't be downsampled or anything. Separate soundtracks only as extras, necessary if the original files aren't in a standard format (unlike CD audio for example); but these must be left alone.

yoga 01-09-2012 06:36 PM

Original, no changes

Original, amigo.

:hihihi:

RRS 02-09-2012 04:40 AM

While I'm trying to be patriotic and support GOG, sometimes the stuff they provide suggests they're like a legalized abandonware site. Sometimes extra printed material is missing (like maps). And covers. I know "the package is digital" but at least do a hi-res scan of the original box, dammit!

And don't leave out .exe even if it's packed sith SCUMMVM!

The current time is 01:08 AM (GMT)