Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Games Discussion (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Darkseed (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=2974)

Reup 08-02-2005 09:36 AM

@wendymaree: I had this when it just came out in the old days, but never finished it then... was rather impressed though with the dark atmosphere, so when I saw it on the list I just ^had^ to review it :) I hope you'll enjoy it!

@justice: are you starting it usign the ds.bat file or one of the executables? You should use the batch-file!

S0llem 08-02-2005 01:22 PM

i think this game sucks hard! :ranting:

Guest_panther_512 09-02-2005 01:36 PM

I wouldn't say that this game sacks.

Despite its flaws Darkseed is a classic and one of the most famous adventures ever.

I remember the time it was publiced, there was no pc gamer ( I think also Amiga owners) that hadn't played this mastepiece.

I remember me and my friends were playing the game, each one on his own computer and trying to see who will finish it first. It is a quite difficult game.

It was very unfortunate that we had to wait 3 years for the sequel. If I am not mistaken, a virus destroyed all the work of Cyberdreams and they had to begin from scratch.

I hope in the near future to see also Darkseed 2 in this incredible site.

Keep up the good work!

:cheers:
:kosta:
:ok:

xoopx 09-02-2005 01:40 PM

the amiga version sucks pretty hard. its in a really low res for some reason

Unknown Hero 09-02-2005 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by S0llem@Feb 8 2005, 02:22 PM
i think this game sucks hard! :ranting:
Too bad you can vote only once! :bleh: :bleh: :bleh:

This is a game! :Brain:
I remember playing this game when I was little, and I almost forgot it completely! (never finished it though)

Mr. Barman 10-02-2005 03:47 AM

all i remember about this game were the baby that gets delivered to your doorstep that turns into an alien and back into a human, and buying a gun at the local store. i never knew why i bought the gun but it seemed like a good investement at the time :D

Mad-E-Fact 10-02-2005 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by xoopx@Feb 9 2005, 01:40 PM
the amiga version sucks pretty hard. its in a really low res for some reason
Yea, they chose some very strange resolution for the Amiga conversion, so they could display more colors I guess. The result was a low refresh rate that was quite hard on they eyes. That was the main reason that kept me from playing this back then. :/

gildedgirth 12-02-2005 09:43 AM

Anyone know how the sequel compares to the original?

xoopx 12-02-2005 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by gildedgirth@Feb 12 2005, 09:43 AM
Anyone know how the sequel compares to the original?
well a review i read said that it isnt as good as the original, so im giving it a miss - even though its probably "okay"

Wanderer 13-02-2005 06:46 PM

Dear gamers

I'm trying to follow the walkthrough instructions but strangely I can't find the crow-bar inside the car boot in the garage after I done all the actions. Perhaps I could repeat the actions in the right sequence?
I have also some troubles with DosBox!! How can I start a game using it? I try to follow the basic instructions to mount the driver but I can't do it properly!!!
Thanks for you help!!!

Take it easy!

THe WAnderer

The current time is 08:39 AM (GMT)