Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Offers (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   BentleyVA and all his glorious contributions! (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=19026)

BentleyVA 19-02-2009 02:01 AM

BentleyVA and all his glorious contributions!

I procured a copy of No Greater Glory and proceeded to crack it. Is that something that can be uploaded or is that forbidden. The Oldwarez list here says the game itself is Abandonware, but I don't know about the crack itself.

Paco 19-02-2009 10:35 AM

Some Games on Abandonia is also cracked so its not a problem.

edit:

Lulu Jane told me of your talk in Chatbox.

- SimCity

Which Versions is it? the Original DOS or Windows?

- Pool of Radiance

[APPROVED] you means the Original one not the Ruins of Myth Drannor?

- Curse of the Azure Bonds

[APPROVED]

-
Champions of Krynn

The Game is already
ON SITE, but i dont know if its cracked or not. The Cracks or the Cracked Game could be uploaded.

- Secret of the Silver Blades

[APPROVED]

-
Eye of the Beholder

As for that we are still checking if the Game are still sold or not.

BentleyVA 19-02-2009 10:12 PM

Simcity the DOS version. The OG. I also have the Terrain editor although I would have to separate them since I have them both in the same folder.

BentleyVA 19-02-2009 10:23 PM

As for the original SSI Gold/Silver box games, I have them all and am slowly cracking them. I wouldn't touch Ruins of Myth Drannor with a 10-foot pole.

I also wonder, would it be possible to upload just the cracks for the games that are already here? I was reading some of the game threads last night and thought it was a pity that so many are enjoying these games, but running into the BS copy protection. No Greater Glory was unplayable without me cracking it.

Geezer 19-02-2009 11:15 PM

Cracking really isn't necessary when you can get the copy protection documents.

BentleyVA 19-02-2009 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMB (Post 353333)
Cracking really isn't necessary when you can get the copy protection documents.

There are no manuals for No Greater Glory that I could find. Nor do I think there is going to be a scan for the red/black sheet for Simcity DOS. I could be wrong though.

Anyway, is there a single post or FAQ that lists everything that is needed for a submission. I made some screen caps for NGG but they came out in 640x200 res. though I swear I saw somewhere that they should be 320x200. I really want to contribute, but not sure exactly how. :(

Geezer 20-02-2009 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BentleyVA (Post 353335)
There are no manuals for No Greater Glory that I could find. Nor do I think there is going to be a scan for the red/black sheet for Simcity DOS. I could be wrong though.

Anyway, is there a single post or FAQ that lists everything that is needed for a submission. I made some screen caps for NGG but they came out in 640x200 res. though I swear I saw somewhere that they should be 320x200. I really want to contribute, but not sure exactly how. :(

Didn't mean to imply that cracking NGG was not warranted. I was referring to the other SSI games you were talking about. Hopefully this new thread category will solve some of the problems we have communicating what contributions can (or should) be made and how to go about it. As far as what is needed ... reviews are the thing in shortest supply. Games, screen shots, manual scans and box scans are all needed but it isn't an all or nothing proposition ... whatever you can provide. Be patient though, AB needs all the contributions it can get but sometimes it takes a long time to get your contributions on the site.

Have you been given FTP access?

BentleyVA 20-02-2009 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMB (Post 353336)
/snip

Have you been given FTP access?

No I haven't been given any access yet.

BentleyVA 20-02-2009 01:33 AM

I will be honest, cracking games gives me a warm and fuzzy. There is nothing like flinging my finger to twenty year old copy protections :thumbs:

Dave 20-02-2009 08:08 AM

I'm sending you FTP access by PM :)

The current time is 07:29 AM (GMT)