Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Old Suggestions (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=144)
-   -   Guilty (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=10526)

marko river 05-06-2006 02:05 PM

I saw that Guilty is in "Games that needs review" but it is already on our site with the very long review.

Is this review so bad so we need a new one?

What's the catch?

guesst 05-06-2006 03:15 PM

Well...
Quote:

Temporary review taken from Quandary (original here), new one in progress. [/b]
...seems to imply to me that they want an Abandonia original review, but the person who originally reviewed it backed out, so now it need a new review.

There you have it.

The Fifth Horseman 05-06-2006 04:09 PM

Not possible. The rules on writing reviews state clearly that after submission, the reviews become property of Abandonia, and one cannot request their removal.

marko river 05-06-2006 07:48 PM

Not an original review???????!!!!!! :blink:

Man, this wasn't the idea. It's better for Abandonia to grow SLOWLY but PROPERLY.

I thought that Kosta made it clear that abandonia must have reviews on it's own, submitted by members. How did this happen????

I'll write a new one, i finished the game years ago, just need few days to do it again.

horseman: according to this, noone requested to remove the review, someone just took the review from other site

man, this made me angry

guesst 05-06-2006 08:39 PM

what I meant was that this temporary review was put up while waiting for the "real" review was written, and the person who was writing that review backed out, leaving Abandonia with this stub.

That's what I meant.

Tom Henrik 05-06-2006 09:17 PM

What happened was that the "original" reviewer for that game, stole that review from Rosemary Young, and not Kosta nor me discovered it at the time. Thus the game was submitted with that review, and we forgot about it. Until Rosemary Young sent Kosta a not so happy email about the issue.

It was then properly credited to her, with a link to her original review, with full apologies.

marko river 06-06-2006 12:51 PM

I'm downloading the game right now. I'm sure i'll manage to finish it again this evening.

Review will come right after that :D

Tom, I figuered out that what happened was something like that, as i know that Kosta doesn't allow this things.

Is there some kind of sentence for that guy? I don't wanna be a jerk but there is possibility that he did something like that with another review (if he supplied other reviews appart from this one)

Perhaps we could open some important topic (pinned or something) asking reviewers to admit if they submitted reviews that haven't beenwritten by themselves.

I don't want to sound accusing, but there might be someone who never bothered reading the rules, so he/she thought that it would be fine to send a review that he/she found on the net. I dub there are more than just a few cases like that (if there are any at all) but i think that it is important to deal with such cases.

Abi79 06-06-2006 02:36 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(marko_river @ Jun 6 2006, 02:51 PM) [snapback]234737[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

Perhaps we could open some important topic (pinned or something) asking reviewers to admit if they submitted reviews that haven't beenwritten by themselves.[/b]
Yes, but here's the problem: no one would admit to avoid getting ashamed in front of other members. It would be more easy to just write "review text" in Google. (e.g "Me likey this game, but it has horrible graphics..." or click here...guess where does the first link get you to?)

marko river 07-06-2006 10:45 AM

Well, that link says it all.

I thought that there might be members whot did this without seeing this as a bad stuff. Besides, if someone did this, he/she could apply in order to stop problem groing on and it would be like a true members admiting their mistakes.

Anyway, is it possible to create the way of sorting the games by the reviewer???? That way we can check all the reviews by the author.

Tom Henrik 07-06-2006 03:08 PM

That would be a withhunt, wouldn't it? :bleh:

The current time is 11:19 AM (GMT)