Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Games Discussion (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Final Fantasy - Endless Nova (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=1466)

Tom Henrik 28-11-2004 05:11 PM

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review and Download (if available)

JJXB 28-11-2004 05:19 PM

isn't this made with rpg maker 2000?

Tom Henrik 28-11-2004 05:21 PM

That is correct.

Durak 28-11-2004 05:34 PM

Never heard of this!? Looks like I've been missing something of the great classic FF style. Gotta check this one out.

wormpaul 28-11-2004 06:23 PM

Never done a FF before...

But this is a short one so ill give it a try...maybe i even like it :ok:

Havell 28-11-2004 06:26 PM

Wow! That's one hell of a review! :blink:

Tom Henrik 28-11-2004 06:29 PM

Thanks.

I had to stop myself... I was going to write more :D

Data 28-11-2004 06:31 PM

Final fantasy in general deserves a lot praise.

Tom Henrik 28-11-2004 06:33 PM

Couldn't agree more.

Fawfulhasfury 28-11-2004 07:27 PM

Can't get it to work. Keeps saying it doesn't have the runtime package.

Onyx 28-11-2004 07:33 PM

Yeah, that's the problem with those RPG Maker games. Google for RPG Maker 2000 RTP (that's resource pacage).

Anyway, I played this long time ago. Unfortunatly it ended up like a victim of disk format...

Fawfulhasfury 28-11-2004 07:40 PM

thanks

evilded 29-11-2004 01:35 AM

Can't get it to run. I open the .exe file it comes with and it says:
Run time pakage not found. Install RTPe.exe

JJXB 29-11-2004 01:35 AM

read the earlier posts.

Fawfulhasfury 29-11-2004 01:51 AM

finally
a good old fasioned rpg with BOSSES :cheers: :party:

Foxy 29-11-2004 02:02 AM

Its nice...Love rpg's

Iron_Scarecrow 29-11-2004 04:20 AM

This looks brilliant. And that is one hell of a review Tom. I'm impressed. :ok:

And the story sounds excellent. It seems it has lived up to its expectations. :ok:

Quote:

Yeah, that's the problem with those RPG Maker games. Google for RPG Maker 2000 RTP (that's resource pacage).
I need further instructions. Computers make my head hurt.

I found one but the link didn't work. Now I can't find another one. Well to be honest I couldn't really be bothered searching. :ok:

Tom Henrik 29-11-2004 06:46 AM

:blink:

The game should work without any problems.
You run it through Windows by clicking on the little blue RPG icon.
(Located waaaaaaaaay down in the second folder of the archive).

Iron_Scarecrow 29-11-2004 07:36 AM

Yeah that's what I did but I got the same problem as Fawful and Evilded. And since I have no idea what I'm doing I don't understand Onyx's instructions on how to fix it.

wendymaree 29-11-2004 09:15 AM

Iron Scarecrow here's the link for the RTPe.exe file. It's a hard site to navigate - the download is hidden away at the bottom on the right side. There might be readme instructions in the archive.

http://membres.lycos.fr/rpgame/maker.html

EDIT
Sorry, the download is a dead link.

Try this one: http://www.bur.st/~rpgxst/rpgmaker/rpgmaker2000.html

This page has the full program for download and the Run Time Program that Onyx thinks will help the game to work.

Iron_Scarecrow 29-11-2004 09:28 AM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

WHY, WHY GOD WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:ranting: :ranting: :ranting:

Puffin 29-11-2004 09:34 AM

Looks like a great game, i'll try it after the exams!

Helluva review, Tom ;)
:ok:
Me likey!

FreeFreddy 29-11-2004 11:56 AM

Very cool review, Tom! (And long one, translating this one will take time... :whistle: :D)

Tom Henrik 29-11-2004 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by FreeFreddy@Nov 29 2004, 12:56 PM
Very cool review, Tom! (And long one, translating this one will take time... :whistle: :D)
Tell me about it... but unlike you guys, I have to write it TWICE :cry:

jellydrop 29-11-2004 01:48 PM

This was a great review. Sure makes me want to try it out.

For those who are searching for the RTP file, you can find it at the games home page

http://velv.net/FFEN.html

The link is underneath the download button and is a little hard to see as it is in blue type on a blue background, but it works as I just downloaded it.

Tom Henrik 29-11-2004 01:59 PM

Yes. That very same file is also in the download on this site, but for some strange reason it doesn't work.

We are trying to figure out why the #€|_|_ not...
You might for some unknown reason get it to work from their site. (The link is also on our site. End of review) :ok:

Tom Henrik 29-11-2004 02:46 PM

Ok. We solved it.

I will place the needed file for download shortly (as soon as I can get Kosta to swap me some space on the server). The needed file is 11 MB <_<

Do not let that scare you off however. The game is worth a double archive download!

Guest 29-11-2004 03:44 PM

i really like this final fantasy stuff
since i played the first parts on my gameboy :wub:

Fawfulhasfury 29-11-2004 03:52 PM

awesome... game

The RTP file is needed to play all RPG maker 2000 games.

Tom Henrik 29-11-2004 04:05 PM

That is correct, and that is the file this package is missing.

It will arrive in the Programs Section for this site, when Kosta gets back from work.

einherjar 30-11-2004 02:08 AM

Any reason why I can't see most of the text? I've downloaded the RTP file. Everything else seems to work fine.

Fawfulhasfury 30-11-2004 02:23 AM

I don't get that problem.

einherjar 30-11-2004 02:35 AM

Well, how far in does character text start? I went all the way up to the part after the spaceship(?) was destroyed and the scene changed to two people facing each other before I decided that something was amiss.

evilded 30-11-2004 06:59 AM

Ahh i got sick of not being able to play it and have already deleted it... :tomato:

I'll get around to playing it, looks like a lot of work was put into it.

Iron_Scarecrow 30-11-2004 08:11 AM

If you would read earlier posts you could probably find the solution to your problems. :ok:

Fawfulhasfury 30-11-2004 03:32 PM

kimosabi think there be truth in last post
always look to your inner last post LOL

Chef Boyardee 30-11-2004 05:08 PM

Of all of the RPGMaker games, why would you choose this awful Final Fantasy remake? Why not something slightly original, like Legion Saga or Survivor: NYSE? Ugh, I can't stand Final Fantasy and I hate fangames even more.

Foxy 30-11-2004 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Chef Boyardee@Nov 30 2004, 06:08 PM
Of all of the RPGMaker games, why would you choose this awful Final Fantasy remake? Why not something slightly original, like Legion Saga or Survivor: NYSE? Ugh, I can't stand Final Fantasy and I hate fangames even more.
You got to be kidding... :ranting: Final Fantasy are the greatest games ever made...They r the reason that made me love rpgs.

Fawfulhasfury 30-11-2004 07:27 PM

I agree with foxy.

Chef Boyardee 01-12-2004 03:51 AM

What does Final Fantasy offer that other games don't? Its games are repetative and rarely offer an innovative plot, focusing more on graphics or one-dimensional characters rarely over the age of 20. Its battle system is sub-par, it offers nothing excellent or exciting and the games themselves are standard. Why settle with mediocore when you can play excellent games.

I don't particularly like console games but I know a good one when I see one. Games like Suikoden, Star Ocean, and Valkyrie Profile are overlooked because of Final Fantasy mania, a game that consists of not nearly as much substance as the others. Final Fantasy has never really innovated anything other than media impressions on RPGs in a negative way.

Look at the recent Final Fantasies. I think this picture speaks for itself.

http://simplyff.free.fr/FF12/artworks/vaan.jpg

Is that your ideal hero? He looks more like a Backstreet Boy than a champion determined to save the world. All Final Fantasy offers is good graphics with a hackneyed plot and stereotypical anime-like characters. Just look at Final Fantasy X. Would people have liked that game if the graphics weren't so good? No. I've noticed that people who like Final Fantasy generally care more about graphics than gameplay.

Final Fantasy is just an over-hyped sub-par RPG that offers players nothing that they can't find anywhere else.

Eagle of Fire 01-12-2004 04:36 AM

Quote:

What does Final Fantasy offer that other games don't?
Ahem... You mean "what does other RPG games have that Final Fantasy did not have already?", isn't?

Thought so. :ok:

wendymaree 01-12-2004 04:46 AM

<<<<Look at the recent Final Fantasies. I think this picture speaks for itself.>>>

*eyeballs out on stalks*

I can see the Final Fantasies series have a lot going for them....

Iron_Scarecrow 01-12-2004 09:55 AM

Well I haven't played any of the Final Fantasy games all the way through, so I have no idea what the stories are. But if you want a good story play Grandia 2, I loved it, don't know why, it has quite a bit to do with religion, and if you took any notice of the last thread on religion you would know how much I hate it. But I loved this game. :ok:

einherjar 01-12-2004 03:49 PM

Someone please tell me that that's not the fruitiest picture of a video game character they ever saw, because I can't convince myself otherwise.

Tom Henrik 01-12-2004 06:34 PM

Just for the record:

Grandia II kicks behind!

And the story in Final Fantasy X is the ONLY story in which I almost cried at the ending. I got a real big lump in my throat while finishing that game. No other game has ever done this to me before.

And the graphic aspect only came with FF VII, before this it was standard graphic, but they used it in a way unheard of before. If you are after a really good plot you should get hold of Final Fantasy VI, or X... but apparantly you are stuck on not liking ANY of the Final Fantasy games. :sneaky:

Rogue 01-12-2004 07:19 PM

I've half done FFX and got bored and stopped playing it. Repetitiveness is what kills me in that game. But whole concept and story are great! Also movie sequences are great! (

I got FF Tactics (GBA) and that's very interesting. There is FF 1 & 2 (also for GBA) that I might get when I'm done with this semester.

Ioncannon 01-12-2004 10:48 PM

well I am hopin to get FF XI Online for xmas.

Chef Boyardee 02-12-2004 12:37 AM

Well, I have to admit, I really did like Final Fantasy Tactics but it was nothing like the other Final Fantasy games. It was more like Shining Force, which is one of my favorite console games.

Havell 03-12-2004 03:52 PM

I've been playing this game, it's quite good but the grammar and spelling is fucked...

I know it's sad, but seroiusly, I wince at every "alot".

Tom Henrik 03-12-2004 04:24 PM

Hopefully the typing will be better in the future, but the game still deserves a 5 point mark in my book.

Havell 03-12-2004 04:57 PM

I agree, the game itself is of the highest quality :ok:

Rogue 03-12-2004 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Chef Boyardee@Dec 1 2004, 08:37 PM
Well, I have to admit, I really did like Final Fantasy Tactics but it was nothing like the other Final Fantasy games. It was more like Shining Force, which is one of my favorite console games.
The story in GBA FFT is sad at the beginning and really it does not look much like any other FF games.

I got FF 1 & 2 Down of Soul, and I just tried it, as I have not much time during next 2 weeks. It's remake of these classics. I wish they'll do same with #3, which was my favorite on SNES.

FriarFabulous 04-12-2004 08:54 PM

I have a question.. What is the examine control? Because I am trying to examine this computer in the first dungeon (Stars Bliss) and I do not understand how to use it.

Havell 04-12-2004 09:22 PM

Approah the computer from the side and just "use" it with the space bar, examining you do with your own eyes :ok:

Iron_Scarecrow 04-12-2004 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Anubis+Dec 3 2004, 06:06 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Anubis @ Dec 3 2004, 06:06 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Chef Boyardee@Dec 1 2004, 08:37 PM
The story in GBA FFT is sad at the beginning and really it does not look much like any other FF games.

I got FF 1 & 2 Down of Soul, and I just tried it, as I have not much time during next 2 weeks. It's remake of these classics. I wish they'll do same with #3, which was my favorite on SNES. [/b][/quote]
FFT on GBA was excellent. I liked the idea of learning moves from the weapons, it's the only game I have played that does it.

But has FF 1 and 2 been released yet? I downloaded the Rom. Do you know if it is out in Australia or if will be comming out in Australia?

Fawfulhasfury 05-12-2004 12:01 AM

Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga does the learning moves after aqiring the weapons thing.

Iron_Scarecrow 05-12-2004 12:10 AM

Really? I downloaded the Rom of that too. Guess I didn't get far enough into it to find that part out.

einherjar 05-12-2004 01:36 AM

I have the actual FFTA for GBA, and it is crap compared to FFT for PSX. FFTA has FFIX's skill learning system which is boring and pointless in turn based strategy, and many jobs have the same skills, just with different names and graphics. The story is so spread out that I often forgot what the main story was because I spent so much time clearing missions, and the main story missions don't appear very often. It took me over 80 hours to get to the final boss.

Fawfulhasfury 05-12-2004 02:00 PM

Paper Mario 1 and 2 both have the learning moves also.

Fawfulhasfury 05-12-2004 08:05 PM

Does anyone have a strategy for that ghost boss on the path to the road?

Tom Henrik 05-12-2004 08:36 PM

Check out the main site for the game :)

Link is at the bottom of the review.

Fawfulhasfury 05-12-2004 08:41 PM

thanks

Eye Candy 06-12-2004 01:25 AM

:angel: I don't get the RPG Maker 2000 program. Can it be used to make games like this and where might I learn how?

einherjar 06-12-2004 01:31 AM

Search the Internet for it. I've known about it for quite some time, but until I downloaded the Final Fantasy Endless Nova from abandonia, I had given up on ever getting it because the creators apparently made sure that every version of RPG Maker in English was no longer available. It seems that RPG Maker 2003 is not available in English, but from what I hear, there's not much to be missed.

It doesn't matter to me anyway. I still haven't figured out why I can't see text in Endless Nova, and I can't see it in RPG Maker 2000 either.

Iron_Scarecrow 06-12-2004 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by einherjar@Dec 5 2004, 02:36 AM
I have the actual FFTA for GBA, and it is crap compared to FFT for PSX. FFTA has FFIX's skill learning system which is boring and pointless in turn based strategy, and many jobs have the same skills, just with different names and graphics. The story is so spread out that I often forgot what the main story was because I spent so much time clearing missions, and the main story missions don't appear very often. It took me over 80 hours to get to the final boss.
Actually the main story missions can always be selected from the jobs list. No matter what part you are up to in the game.

einherjar 10-12-2004 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Iron_Scarecrow@Dec 6 2004, 05:28 AM
Actually the main story missions can always be selected from the jobs list. No matter what part you are up to in the game.
The past job descriptions are pretty vague.

Iron_Scarecrow 11-12-2004 09:28 AM

I'm not sure what you are getting at there but the missions that are numbered 1 to 25(I think, may be 30???) are involved with the main story. And which ever one you are up to should always be at the top of the list. :ok:

Mal 14-12-2004 11:10 PM

Wow, could you kiss behind any more? This game was made on RPG Maker 2000, the same thing plenty of other hack-job amateur RPGs are made on. You may also notice that a lot of the sprites and such in the game are either edits of the RPG Maker default sprites, or just the default sprites themselves.

The traditional Final Fantasy engine? Why is this game great? Because it's 2D? Did you notice it's not even the FF battle engine? It looks like Dragon Warrior, for crying out loud. That's not Final Fantasy.

I think the reviewer (and those who are raving about this game) must not have really heard much about RPG Maker, and are just really excited about a computer game somebody made with the name "FINAL FANTASY" on it. Games like these are a dime-a-dozen. Go look around on the internet, and you'll find a lot of the same, and probably even far better.

Mal 14-12-2004 11:13 PM

I should also add, for such a FIVE STAR game, you'd think the spelling/grammar would be better. And for all the work this guy supposedly put into the game, how come you can't install it without searching for and installing RPG Maker's runtime package, as well? Did this guy even think about any of that?

Havell 15-12-2004 04:12 PM

You don't have to go searching for RPG maker 2000, you can download it from the utilities section of this site :blink:

Tom Henrik 15-12-2004 04:33 PM

And I still stand by my desicion.

The game deserves 5 points!

Buuuut... If you think it is so bad, let me see you make a better one. Same system - RPG Maker 2000.

Oh yeah... and to up the stakes... The game must be made for the Swahili speaking part of the world. That is correct, make the game in a completely foreign language!

Then let's look at your spelling. :whistle:

PrejudiceSucks 16-12-2004 07:05 AM

Gah! You people seem to have some kind of irrational prejudice against the FF games, and none of you have remembered the utter genuis that is FF8. And the people who say that FFers like graphics more than game are wrong. To be honest, FF9 was a crime against humanity, but 10 was good.

Still, I refuse to play 10-2 or indeed, if it comes out 7-2. Final fantasy needs to stay different each time or I'll just get really bored of it.

Havell 16-12-2004 10:56 PM

I quite enjoyed it.
Oh, and a 5 doesn't mean perfect, it just means that the game is very good.

einherjar 16-12-2004 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Iron_Scarecrow@Dec 11 2004, 05:28 AM
I'm not sure what you are getting at there but the missions that are numbered 1 to 25(I think, may be 30???) are involved with the main story. And which ever one you are up to should always be at the top of the list. :ok:
Not all the missions in the first 25 spaces involve the main story. Even if they were, it doesn't make up for the fact that gameplay was a joke and an insult to people with an IQ greater than 3 guinea pigs.

Iron_Scarecrow 17-12-2004 05:57 AM

@Einherjar: It is the best turn based strategy game on GBA. Have you played others (onimusha tactics, lodis knights or whatever it is called), well they just basically suck. The only ones that come close are Advance Wars and Fire emblem, but still not better.

The point is, it's a gameboy game, you should never expect too much from a gameboy game, and I think you were expecting a bit too much.

@Mal: I tried using RPG Maker once and I didn't know what to do. :blink: Too hard. Can you teach me. Mahahahawahahahahaha.

LOL LOL LOL

I wouldn't give the game a 5 though. I hate the battle's, pissed me off so much. Gave up after I just landed on that planet with the girl that you dressed to hide her tail.

I'll give the game a try... I've daubled around in RPG maker 2000 before, as well as made my own games. I really think the review was a little too foregoing. After reading the review, I was surprised to find that there was a final fantasy game that I hadn't played... Untill I realized that it's merely a fan fic. I got rather annoyed when I looked at the "origonal engine" and realized that they used the RTP character sprites. Prety much the same sprites every budding RPG Maker newbie uses.

I was extremely surprised to see a fan fic out as an actual game... But hey, I'll give it a try before I diss it any more. I do have a predisposition about people who just tag along to the popularity of famous names, in order to mask their own lack of creativity.

::sigh:: off I play

Tom Henrik 17-12-2004 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Mal@Dec 16 2004, 11:42 PM
You're a crappy reviewer, you know that? You stand by your decision that the game gets a 5 (a 5 meaning it's PERFECT)
No it doesn't.

Every reviewer has their own way of profiling a game.

For me a 5 point score means the game is as good as it could be. And the game is still under construction, as I mentioned in the review. This is version 2.0 This means the game can only become better with time.

So, out from the future potential of the game, plot, characters, story, background, scenery, idea.... and so on. The game truly deserves a 5.

But you are entitled to your own oppinion, and you have the option of rating the game on the actual game-site. :ok:

Sebatianos 17-12-2004 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Tom Henrik@Dec 17 2004, 01:27 PM
For me a 5 point score means the game is as good as it could be. And the game is still under construction, as I mentioned in the review. This is version 2.0 This means the game can only become better with time.
Well a 5 must mean that a game is really good (and liked by the reviewer). That's all. There's no such thing as a perfect game anyway!!!

And if a game is placed in a certain category (let's say RPG) and gets a five it means that the game is a good RPG, fun to play and enjoyable as well as replayable. So it's a game the reviewer would buy and recomend to all of friends to buy too!

Fawfulhasfury 17-12-2004 03:16 PM

Yep, but I need help. How do you get the spell at the falls? The walkthrough doesn't even give a hint to this. Need the spell to defeat the android boss. :help:

einherjar 17-12-2004 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Iron_Scarecrow@Dec 17 2004, 01:57 AM
@Einherjar: It is the best turn based strategy game on GBA. Have you played others (onimusha tactics, lodis knights or whatever it is called), well they just basically suck. The only ones that come close are Advance Wars and Fire emblem, but still not better.

The point is, it's a gameboy game, you should never expect too much from a gameboy game, and I think you were expecting a bit too much.

@Mal: I tried using RPG Maker once and I didn't know what to do. :blink: Too hard. Can you teach me. Mahahahawahahahahaha.

LOL* LOL* LOL

I wouldn't give the game a 5 though. I hate the battle's, pissed me off so much. Gave up after I just landed on that planet with the girl that you dressed to hide her tail.

Once upon a time, Game Boy RPGs and TBSGs were really good. Then around the time of Game Boy Color came the plagues known as title exploitation and bandwagoning; since then, the quality of games have dropped significantly.

FFTA may be the best TBSG for GBA, but it doesn't mean the game isn't crappy. It's an insult to FFT.

Iron_Scarecrow 18-12-2004 12:05 AM

Weren't gameboy games before colour all about arcade games?

Anyway I'm going to have to stop this arguement considering I haven't played FFT or any other Final Fantasy game. So I can't come up with a decent arguement.

Fawfulhasfury 18-12-2004 12:07 AM

Hello. I need help here. Spell. Falls. Android boss. Please. :blink:

Tom Henrik 18-12-2004 01:06 AM

Uhm... spell?

You mean the mountain god in the ancient temple? I am talking about the temple in the mountain behind the waterfall.

If this is the one you mean... uhm... I did not use a special spell. I just kicked him in the groin and continued the game.

But to discover an enemies weakness, use Scan.

einherjar 18-12-2004 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Iron_Scarecrow@Dec 17 2004, 08:05 PM
No. There were many decent RPGs for Game Boy. The Final Fantasy Legend (aka Seiken Densetsu in Japan, because I just know some FF fanboy is going to flame me if I don't mention that) series comes to mind.

JJXB 18-12-2004 01:25 AM

Seiken Densetsu 1 is ff adventure, from Seiken Densetsu 2 onwards its the secret of mana series. and all of them were on snes only so technically, your wrong about ff legend being Seiken Densetsu games as none were released on gb. you learn this stuff when you take a heavy interest in emulation and go looking for roms.

einherjar 18-12-2004 02:08 AM

Or if you had them for game boy as a kid and you got flamed on the "Classic Games" forum of www.gamefaqs.com for referring to them as "The Final Fantasy Legend et al" instead of calling them by their "true" names.

Edit: And I meant SaGa, not Seiken Densetsu.

Iron_Scarecrow 28-12-2004 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by einherjar+Dec 18 2004, 02:08 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (einherjar @ Dec 18 2004, 02:08 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Iron_Scarecrow@Dec 17 2004, 08:05 PM
No. There were many decent RPGs for Game Boy. The Final Fantasy Legend (aka Seiken Densetsu in Japan, because I just know some FF fanboy is going to flame me if I don't mention that) series comes to mind. [/b][/quote]
Ah yes I remember that. I downloaded the ROM. But was there a series. I thought there was just one.

BLOODUK 05-01-2005 12:34 PM

Anybody know how to change the resolution? or HZ it keeps loading at a max of 75hz, and its doing my eyes in! im used to atleast 100 - 120

Fek 06-01-2005 01:17 PM

This game is in no way at all worthy of a 5/5 rating.

The spelling and grammar is atrocious, and quite frankly makes playing this painful. The combat system is a bit clunky, though this is probably because of the RPG Maker engine rather than a deliberate design. The plot seems like a sort of mild rip of FFVI, and wasn't all that engaging. Also, the blatant stealing of music bits from various FF games (and who knows where else) was lame.

The character development system, stats and all, was interesting, but weak. The game seemed like it was paced for a regular get-xp-level-up system, like you find in actual FF games, but with the slow no-level system here one has to spend inordinate amounts of time drudging through random encounters to stand a chance against the monsters in the next area.

It could be a decent game, but right now, it is not. I thought the ratings (User rating 2, reviewer rating 5) looked weird, but after playing it for a day, I completely agree.

einherjar 06-01-2005 02:27 PM

As I see it, it only got a 5 because the creator lumped "Final Fantasy" on the front.

MasterGrazzt 06-01-2005 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by einherjar@Jan 6 2005, 03:27 PM
As I see it, it only got a 5 because the creator lumped "Final Fantasy" on the front.
Agreed. I gave it a one. There's no "0" option.

Of course if Abandonia hosted the rest of the Final Fantasy series, I would give them 0s as well...

Yes, I'm one of those computer RPG curmudgeons you only hear about in hazy legends.

edlglide 07-01-2005 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by MasterGrazzt+Jan 7 2005, 12:52 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MasterGrazzt @ Jan 7 2005, 12:52 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-einherjar@Jan 6 2005, 03:27 PM
Agreed. I gave it a one. There's no "0" option.

Of course if Abandonia hosted the rest of the Final Fantasy series, I would give them 0s as well...

Yes, I'm one of those computer RPG curmudgeons you only hear about in hazy legends. [/b][/quote]
There are certainly good console RPGs..........it just so happens that the Final Fantasy series isn't the best series like so many people claim it is. Final Fantasy 7 is a good game, and FFX was decent......FFX-2 was just a huge pile of crap. One of the American FFs on SNES was a good game as well.....but overall the 3 game Suikoden series is better. The 4th game in that series is coming out in just a few days if it hasn't already.

Now let me explain why I think it's better than Final Fantasy. First of all, Suikoden 2 blows every Final Fantasy game out of the water, and blows almost any RPG out of the water, console or PC. I've played most of the so-called classic Playstation RPGs (games like Breath of Fire 3), and most of them just plain suck compared to Suikoden 2. It's a brilliant game, especially the ending, since the best ending requires you to remember something that happened at the very beginning of the game and then follow through with it. Secondly, all the Suikoden games actually take place in the same world, and sometimes the characters are interrelated. In fact a significant number of characters from Suikoden 1 show up in Suikoden 2, and you can even get the hero from Suikoden 1 in your party in Suikoden 2 if you load a save from Suikoden 1 and beat a side quest. Then in Suikoden 3 some of the characters are offspring or otherwise connected to Suikoden 2 characters. I'm not really sure why they're all called Final Fantasy when the only thing they have in common is Chocobos.......the stories and characters and even the game worlds have no connection to each other.

Furthermore, Suikoden 3 had a really interesting innovation where you played as three separate main characters, and so the plot unfolded from three very different perspectives as you progressed through each character's chapters. There was also a fourth character you could play as which revealed a little more of the plot, and after beating the game you could play through a small chapter as the main villain.

There are also plenty of PC RPGs better than Final Fantasy........Arcanum, KOTOR, the Baldur's Gate games. Everyone seems to love Fallout as well, but I've never played those games because the backdrop didn't appeal to me. A lot of people would put Morrowind on this list, but I didn't really like Morrowind -- I'd classify it more like an epic action game than an RPG. There was barely any character interaction and none of the NPCs had any personality, and it never seemed like the story was very important even though it had a lot of depth to it if you took the time to read all the books.

Anyways, my point here is that there are certainly some good Final Fantasy games, but they aren't the greatest RPGs ever made. I think it's silly that some people immediately love and praise anything Final Fantasy when there have been better RPGs even on the same system, but I also think it's silly that some people blindly hate Final Fantasy for no real reason.

einherjar 07-01-2005 02:52 PM

I actually thought Final Fantasy 8 was better than KOTOR.

edlglide 07-01-2005 05:00 PM

Okay, I do have to admit I've never played FF8 or FF9. But everyone seems to think FF7 is far and away the best FF game for some reason, and Suikoden 2 as well as those PC RPGs are much better than FF7.

Novalia Spirit 15-01-2005 01:15 PM

[deleted]

Iron_Scarecrow 15-01-2005 01:33 PM

Quote:

I don't want to think about how long it has taken him to make every building, scenery and persons (i.e. EVERYTHING) in pixels!!
Yes don't the buildings and pretty much everything come already made?

Novalia Spirit 15-01-2005 01:42 PM

[deleted]

Iron_Scarecrow 15-01-2005 01:49 PM

Quote:

Edit: wow, I can't believe that you guys make use of filters for some stupid words like that!
It is a very friendly community.

About these RPG maker games. Do they all have the same battle system that Endless Nove used. The whole first person view with giant monsters and tiny heros. I fail to see how a hero 10 times smaller than the mosnster could kill it.

Novalia Spirit 15-01-2005 01:57 PM

[deleted]

Iron_Scarecrow 15-01-2005 02:08 PM

Yeah I had a look at the screen shots. And am now downloading a game called Naufragar: Crimson. Do you know if this game is as good as is suggested, and if there are any you recommend, from either of those three I don't mind.

Novalia Spirit 15-01-2005 02:23 PM

[deleted]

Iron_Scarecrow 15-01-2005 02:26 PM

Yeah that's the site where I found this Naufrager: Crimson. It's got a lot of good looking games, and I'll have a look at all those others you mentioned. Thanks for all that. :ok:

Matango 16-01-2005 05:51 PM

Wow, it is very, very rare that I delete a game part-way through it because it is such a waste of time, and even more rare that I actually bother to register on a forum to comment on it, but a 5/5 review for THIS?

Even if I ignore the atrocious spelling and grammar, this game just fails at life. Let's see:

Gameplay: Nothing particularly innovative. The "absorbing spells" system is more of an annoyance than an innovation, and the "skills instead of experience" system is not implemented particularly well and forces you to walk around fighting endless battles so that you can use up your HP or MP and raise stats. The battle system isn't any different from every other generic turn-based RPG. The mini-games are dull, and if you want to get any kind of reward you would have to waste hours and hours on them (try collecting enough tickets or trade items in a reasonable amount of time). Walking through the overworld map is unnecessarily slow and irritating.

Graphics: Nothing remarkable whatsoever. Granted, this was made using RPGMaker, but that doesn't make it commendable.

Music: Mostly remixed versions of songs from other games.

Plot: Your typical dull "save the universe from evil" plot. Except it's set in space, which, for some reason, seems to be making a lot of people say "OMGWTFBBQ ITS IN SPACE!!111!!!11one". The characters are stereotypical, boring, and unlikeable. And some of them don't even make sense. "I'm a man trapped in a doll, and magic might turn me back, so let me follow you around and help save the world"? What bad crack was the writer smoking when he thought that one up? The "bad guys" are your typical "evil for no real reason" villains. Two nations were going to make peace, and so the provoker now wants revenge on all life? And of course we can't forget the typical evil god who wants to destroy all of reality.

I'll admit that some of the more recent FF games had their share of cookie-cutter protagonists and antagonists and stereotypical plots, but they were still better than this drivel. I wish I were as easily amused as you lot.

Iron_Scarecrow 18-01-2005 04:41 AM

LOL

It seems this game isn't as great as Tom thought.

Cluey 25-01-2005 06:08 PM

From what I've seen, an experianced RPG Maker vet could make something like this. The author did not draw all the graphics as the review said, most of them are standard RTP or edited. RPG Maker games, to people who've never seen RPG Maker always seem to blow people away. But I've seen many an RPG Maker Game, and I have 2000, 2003 and XP on my computer. The story was ok though. The author should remake this in XP with the scripting engine and original graphics, not ones ripped from First Seed Material.

Novalia Spirit 25-01-2005 09:50 PM

First seed material is NOT rips, and he used tons of rips, but little of RTP.

Melchior 19-02-2005 08:02 PM

Perhaps Tom should look on to some other RPG Maker games before reviewing about this one. And there could be more RPG Maker games around here.

And I believe you can make games with RPG Maker and save them in a way that you don't need the RPG Maker itself nor the RTP, though the game file gets significantly larger. But it's better to just have to download one file, right?

dragonLancer 19-02-2005 11:13 PM

:D SEEEEEEEET!!!!! (im a huge final fantasy fan) I JUST SAW THIS YAYAYAYAYYA for FF
man i cant wait to play (im in the middle of Al-Qin-The genies curse) man thats a hard game. :guns:

himself_rock 20-02-2005 12:47 PM

It doesn't work. in the starting cut-scene, after those two soldiers talk, when the image goes back to space it crashes :"File Earth Not found" or something like that! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Bensch 21-02-2005 08:50 PM

Try to redownload it?

Personally, Endless Nova is one piece of nice fanwork. I spent about 10h till I went through (without every single quest, though there aren't that many besides the main plot) but I'm still trying to kill this darn Watcher Omega. Even Fusion Quenlin and Paradorn haven't been a problem at all (thanks to Atlas), but that Wather Omega kicks my behind. Am trying to raise my HP and Mana to about 1000 points which takes quite a long time - but I'm fanatic ;)

Of course Endless Nova isn't as professional as the other FF games, but since it has been programmed by one single person, the plot being dense and capturing, the simple but addicting "equip your char with new items every here and there"-system, a whole bunch of enemies and very detailed areas I really enjoyed playing this one. I loved playing FF II on the Gameboy a few years ago and this one reminded me of it at once. I really like it, though it's quite diverting.

I really think it's not as bad as Matango considers it as ;)

xcom freak 21-02-2005 08:52 PM

Ur right this game is :ok:

After illing the flame guy who talks about the aeons the first time where does he reaappear?

Bensch 23-02-2005 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by xcom freak@Feb 21 2005, 09:52 PM
Ur right this game is :ok:

After illing the flame guy who talks about the aeons the first time where does he reaappear?

It reappears? Well, that would be of interest indeed... How do you know? Thought I read all the text in the game.

Has anyone ever killed that Omega Watcher?

xcom freak 23-02-2005 09:24 PM

I dont know
I just assumed coz it just doesnt give u anything and its not an easy fight!

Bensch 24-02-2005 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by xcom freak@Feb 23 2005, 10:24 PM
I dont know

You actually get the "Faith Scroll" after successfully battling it. The text says "A useless parchment..." - the 3 dots at the end are already a quite good hint that it's obviously not that useless as it's said to be. But I have no clue where to use it! Does anybody know?

Guess I'll send an Email to Delita... ;)

NJRob 02-03-2005 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by himself_rock@Feb 20 2005, 01:47 PM
It doesn't work. in the starting cut-scene, after those two soldiers talk, when the image goes back to space it crashes :"File Earth Not found" or something like that! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
I'm having the same problem. I downloaded the game from here and from its native site. Both times the game goes on the fritz right after the scene in the intro clicks from the people trying to capture the group in space where it says "File Earth not found."

I'll try downloading a couple of more times, who knows... maybe it'll work.

xcom freak 03-03-2005 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Bensch+Feb 24 2005, 06:15 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Bensch @ Feb 24 2005, 06:15 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-xcom freak@Feb 23 2005, 10:24 PM
I dont know

You actually get the "Faith Scroll" after successfully battling it. The text says "A useless parchment..." - the 3 dots at the end are already a quite good hint that it's obviously not that useless as it's said to be. But I have no clue where to use it! Does anybody know?

Guess I'll send an Email to Delita... ;) [/b][/quote]
Maybe its a technique scroll for that guy and his master....Fuban.

Guest 05-03-2005 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by NJRob+Mar 3 2005, 12:58 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (NJRob @ Mar 3 2005, 12:58 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-himself_rock@Feb 20 2005, 01:47 PM
It doesn't work. in the starting cut-scene, after those two soldiers talk, when the image goes back to space it crashes :"File Earth Not found" or something like that! :cry:* :cry:* :cry:* :cry:* :cry:* :cry:* :cry:* :cry:* :cry:
I'm having the same problem. I downloaded the game from here and from its native site. Both times the game goes on the fritz right after the scene in the intro clicks from the people trying to capture the group in space where it says "File Earth not found."

I'll try downloading a couple of more times, who knows... maybe it'll work. [/b][/quote]
If you get it right....just let me know...post here :kosta:

himself_rock 05-03-2005 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by NJRob+Mar 3 2005, 12:58 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (NJRob @ Mar 3 2005, 12:58 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-himself_rock@Feb 20 2005, 01:47 PM
It doesn't work. in the starting cut-scene, after those two soldiers talk, when the image goes back to space it crashes :"File Earth Not found" or something like that! :cry:* :cry:* :cry:* :cry:* :cry:* :cry:* :cry:* :cry:* :cry:

I'll try downloading a couple of more times, who knows... maybe it'll work.[/b][/quote]
If you get it right....just let me know...post here :kosta:

Fawfulhasfury 05-03-2005 06:00 PM

Has anyone actually gotten past that Cyborg boss???

xcom freak 05-03-2005 06:13 PM

Yep

When u reach it go back and train ur characters some more :D . there are free bed on another floor + save point which could come in handy

jimkopelli 23-03-2005 08:16 PM

:angry: :ranting:
The spelling... is atrocious. Consistiently so. There is a difference between there, their, and they're, loose and lose, and contractions have apostrophes. Also... questions have question marks... but not here.

If these ever get fixed, I'd be happy to redownload. Until then... guess I'll put up with it. :sick:

Raphael 03-04-2005 04:11 AM

Not withstanding the religious war:

This is a fun game. The story is fun - but not so complicated and melodramatic you get headaches - the game play is easy without being boring - I don't like having to be a genius just to walk about/ fight a battle. This is a game - meant for fun and relaxation.

I do agree that the leveling up needs to improve. I'm at the stage where my characters are good enough they beat almost all monsters easily so aren't improving - but the boss kills me - and I have no way to make my char's get strong enough to beat him.

The spelling and grammar (and cheesy characters) reminds me of the first FF type games I ever saw...on the sega they were like this - it feels right. Think of it more as a nostalga trip rather than - where's the logic... All games fail on that one :)

As a good game for games sake - is fairly basic - maybe a 2 or 3 - but just for chuckles and clever plot the 5 is good - and it doesn't mater if it's been done before.

But I'm stuck. How does one beat Cid Metzal? He keeps casting might and it's got to the stage where he practically kills me in one hit and oura's higher than I can damage him!

Help?

RY

xcom freak 03-04-2005 05:10 AM

get white wind with the blue magic girl( the samurai). u can learn it from a white dragon found on the ice planet. should do the trick if it doesnt: use protect...

Raphael 03-04-2005 11:36 PM

...Ice Planet?

...Samurai Girl? (blue? The only blue girl is motor and she's an android carrying heavy weapons:) Are we talking about Endless Nova or another FF game?

<confused> The only one allowed to fight cid is Deren (is a stupid one on one duel) so getting a spell for one of the others wouldn't help.

As for getting protect.... that sounds like a good idea... whats the best way to do that?

Sorry if they're dumb questions - First FF game I've played yanno...

RY

Hkizzle 04-04-2005 01:37 AM

Great achievement.

But if this guy made the game in his spare time, then he sure had a lot of spare time. Why doesn't the guy go and work for a game company? :crazy:

Newbie 04-04-2005 05:52 PM

Good Afternoon. I'm trying to play Endless nova and I've downloaded everything I need to, but when I try running RPG_RT i get a message saying it can't open file. Please help!!!!!!

Troubled 24-04-2005 05:23 AM

I'm downloading it again. Last night I downloaded it and was able to play it. But this morning when I started a new game, it got to the opening sequence where they get the tracer beam and the screen goes red and then it comes up can't open earth file. What's goen on???

Troubled

guma.kawauso 28-04-2005 04:55 PM

Awsome game! But well, it seems like it's a little in need of some thing. This is a lit of my comments/observations.

How do you work with Chocobos?
How do you effectively play Chocobo's Island?
How can I correct the grammatical mistakes (plain really bothers me.. it should be plane)?
Phoenix Tail really is Phoenix Down.
Dragon Tail is really Dragon Scale.
I've found several glitches. The worst one is in StarFighter when you fight PsiBain.
There's a problem in the script. Sometimes some plaural words are written and possessive.
The odds are realistic in the Six Star Casino. Dern it!
The Astroid game in the Arcade seems to move a little too fast.
Finish the FAQ! Please?
How does one cast Multi- spells?
Why is it that you can only get one Wisdom from a battle that has multiple monsters?
Why is it the same for items to steal?

Overall, this is an excelent game. A little on the short side, bu at least it's a lot easier to remember where you were when you put the game down! :ok:

Guma Kawauso

Havell 28-04-2005 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by guma.kawauso@Apr 28 2005, 05:55 PM
Phoenix Tail really is Phoenix Down.
LOL You should play Final Fantasy 6/3! They're called "Fenix" downs, it took me half the game to realize that it meant Phoenix!

DeathDude 28-04-2005 05:01 PM

Gotta love the translation job they did on FF 3/6, there are a ton of errors like that in the game. LOL

guma.kawauso 28-04-2005 05:01 PM

I know the best way to beat Cid. Rather than confront him immediately, follow a sub-quest. Go to Yoih. There you can buy Diamond Armor and a better sword. SHort on cash? I find that the Regal Sura is a good way to get money. Each battle yeilds about 1200 Gil a pop. After having Deren fitted out, it was a cakewalk to defete Cid.

Guma Kawauso

guma.kawauso 28-04-2005 05:03 PM

Translation errors? Wasn't this game made in English at first? I thought it was just a slip-up.

As for 3/6, I have the PS1 version and those problems are smoothed out.

Guma Kawauso

DeathDude 28-04-2005 05:08 PM

Nope the game was made in Japanese first, Mr. Ted Whoosley was the dude's name in charge of translating and let's just say he didn't do the finest job, yes the ps1 version was fixed though later on.

guma.kawauso 28-04-2005 05:10 PM

So, was this game an official Final Fantasy then? It plays a little faster than any other I've gotten a hold of (I-X2 and Tactics)

Guma Kawauso

Christian IV 30-04-2005 12:11 AM

:blink:
The review says the game was made by Delita Hyral X but it
is not clear if it is an "official" Final Fantasy, or a fan made game,
though it has many of the details and qualities of the real FF
games, ....the english translation is indeed off a bit at times, but
it is a true art piece indeed. what a huge world. I have not been
that successful in all the intricacies of this genre having started
with the Secret of Mana, on, but there is always hope :ok:

DeathDude 30-04-2005 01:16 AM

This game is indeed fan made, since it was made with rpg maker 2000, this was not made by square. But still it's a cool game.

Guest_Guma 30-04-2005 09:36 PM

Has anyone got any info on Chicobo's Island? The whole thing puzzles me!

Guma Kawauso

A Guy 09-05-2005 07:20 PM

This game is severly lacking, it has multiple spelling and grammar errors that an 8-year old would not make.

DeathDude 09-05-2005 07:28 PM

Yeah that's true the grammar errors were annoying, but ah well.

AntarcticTiger 11-05-2005 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Raphael@Apr 3 2005, 04:36 PM
...Samurai Girl? (blue? The only blue girl is motor and she's an android carrying heavy weapons:) Are we talking about Endless Nova or another FF game?

As for getting protect.... that sounds like a good idea... whats the best way to do that?

Sorry if they're dumb questions - First FF game I've played yanno...

RY

Samurai Girl refers to Ellana. The blue refers to the Blue Magic (unique magic learned from monsters) that only she can use.

I got some Protect wisdom over at Ebidar Desert, from the Sand Gordons. You might also wanna pick up Haste from the Cactuars. Teach those wisdoms to Deren, and you can make him more effective in the one-on-one duel.

GregtheBunny 09-06-2005 01:16 AM

Personally, I like this game. I've only played a bit of all the other final fantasies (#1-8). While the grammer can be bad, it's no worse than Operation Flashpoint, and that game sold for $50. How much work the developer took doesn't really matter, since everybody who complains lacks a game of their own which is better. While the game can be simplistic too, I find that in this lies its charm. If you don't like it, go play Ultima Underword, but if you can forgive the flaws of a one person project written in another language for no money then this game is a keeper.

By the way, the opening theme (I'm pretty sure) is the one from the anime Serial Experiments Lain. But we won't hold that against it.

Guest 14-06-2005 10:52 PM

One quick question, does anyone here have a solid strategy against that $%&"#&@@@!!!!! Ghost? It has wiped out my entire party 3 times....

JSS 15-06-2005 07:38 PM

:help: Hey i need the rpg maker 2000 Rtpe.exe LAST version, can anyone give me a good site to download it? please send it to E-mail address removed as quick as posible.

You can get it off the Utilites section of this very site, don't post your e-mail on forums if you don't want to be spammed to death and black font will do nicely, thank you very much - Havell

Tom Henrik 15-06-2005 08:18 PM

You can get it from our Programs section.

http://www.abandonia.com/main.php?nav=programs

Guest 16-06-2005 01:44 PM

I've just realized an irony in Final Fantasy VII:

In the game, you join a terrorist group, fight the big ruthless energy company, blow up buildings and kill the company employees. Of course, the game was made before 9/11.

Nowadays we will never see a game with a premise like that.

WolverineDK 16-06-2005 01:56 PM

well talk about a memmory hog, that swallowed 24 megabytes of memmory without even starting,hmmm no i did not play it but i read the 10 pages of forumthread.
So here goes nothing other than pinching the turd a bit i have FF 1 and 2 on GBA

but FF1 is far better than FF 2 on the casette (that game makes me mad but i will beat the shite since i am almost done with the game)

but with the Seiken Densetsu 2 (Secret Of Mana) i like that game alot and have played that game alot too.

but the common things in Final Fantasy "universe" started in FF2 and not in FF1

the evil empire, chokobos, masamune (already in the first game) and alot of other things has gone into other squeenix products (SOM Chrono Trigger)

and to suikoden , if i remember right that game looked alot zeldaish (graphic sense) but already in Chrono trigger you could play as one of the villains in the game.

so if you look at many of Squeenix (Square Enix) products you see some things that are present in the other games from them.

just for record i don´t like Square Enix because they fight people who makes tribute games of the original games , since they want to earn all the money they can (i want to curse loud and hard but i won´t since the filters are quite bad)

(like Chrono Trigger Ressurrection and the Unreal engine version of Chrono Trigger)

in honour and peace to you all

WolverineDK

LilNotoriousPnai 17-06-2005 07:09 AM

hm, i don't get it. is this supposed to be a full game, with a beginning and end, or is this a demo? i haven't had any noticeable problems up until i get to the astral tower. after motor tells deren and lisbeth that she'll wait for them in necelia and i expect the scene to cut to something else but instead i get a game over. is that supposed to happen? and if not, why is it happening?

ZZT 22-06-2005 10:28 PM

Marvellous!!!:w00t:

I've never played in FF (I don't have any TV-console station), but I love JRPG.
And this is one of the GREATESSTT RPGs!!! :ok:
(of course, there's a lack of graphics, there's no real artist for the project :..( )
But the game world is perfect!
I never thought a single man or a small group can attain so high results.
:kosta:

with best wishes
ZZT, SPb, Russia

P.S.
I want to see FF-EN on mobile-JAVA for my Siemens :tai:
(Mobile Ragnarock SUXX :-( , there's completely no JRPG for M-Java :-( )

TheWolf 25-06-2005 06:49 PM

One quick question:

has any of U ever completed this game? If so, how can I beat this paradorn person, the final boss (i hope :D ) ?

I guess I can also keep on trying, maybe i'll get lucky.......but I hope you can give me some good news.

greetz,

The Wolf

TheWolf 28-06-2005 10:14 AM

Oh, and before I forget:

the same question apllies for the Watcher Omega (It's kinda annoying when this dude casts Ultima in the first or second turn, effectively killing everyone in one blow) in the Lost Lab and the Witch in the Magic Tower. :help:

If any of u also wasn't able to defeat them, I would like to know also . That way, i can rest happily.... :D

greetz,

TheWolf

HELP!!! 01-07-2005 11:02 PM

I'm with Ibis and Ellana and I'm stuck ibis says that i have to go to Coyas
Do anyone know how to pass it?

lokostill 06-07-2005 11:16 PM

The people who still can't get Endless Nova game to work. You are supposed to put the files from this game and the files the the program RPG Maker 2000 in the same folder, including RPG_RT.exe .

I just figured this out today. The game is looking pretty good so far.

NeoXCS 08-07-2005 12:04 PM

This game isnt as great as some think. It is much like most rm2k games. It uses default or downloaded elsewhere graphics and chipsets for a ton of things. The same with the music (not that i dont like the music). I make rm2k games myself and it really annoys people who play or make games with rm2k to see the RTP graphics in the game. But there are some good things in this game. The storyline is good. There is some good custom graphics. There is a good CMS (Custom Menu System). The game has some nice minigames, which is awesome. I'd give the game a 3. But the score would be higher with more custom things :D .

Guest 10-07-2005 04:04 PM

i downloaded rtp 2000 but i still can't run FFEN

jack 21-07-2005 01:01 AM

Anyone know how to get the special chocobo's in Ventry Heights ?

Anonymous 21-07-2005 05:50 PM

Hey guys, um, I feel kinda stupid but... I cant even find a way to run the game, it has no install/start playing game icon. I downloaded and installed the RPG Maker, but I didn't notice a difference in anything. I mean, I cant ever start up the RPG Maker. I've never used this stuff before so I need some advice on how to get this game running. Thanks.

Xfangx 21-07-2005 06:36 PM

:help: LOL ok first thing first... download rpg 2000 by going to Rpg 2000 Download link and scrolling to the bottem and clicking rpg 2000 download hyperlink then after that you have to download FFEN itself go to http://velv.net/FFEN.html and download it and also download the RTP file and place it in your FFEN folder and play :) sorry to keep you waiting :help:

Guest 22-07-2005 01:38 PM

Hey all..
I got the game working for the most part, but I get still get weird errors and crashes.
When I try to invoke Dainsevs, the game crashes with something not found error.. Ah well so I will have to do it the hard way without using any dainsevs.

However, I am at the water temple stage and whenever I try to enter one of the water dungeon, the game crashes with with water/ice not found error. I have installed RPG 2000 and also copied contents of FFEN and RTK_EN in the same folder but still get the crashes.

Any ideas? I cannot finish game with this error and I am stuck halfway :wall:

Thanks for any help!

Guest_Martin 30-07-2005 12:08 AM

:unsure: i still can't make it work. *cries*

Guest_Martin 30-07-2005 12:21 AM

done it now, well that was just stupid.

Guest 01-08-2005 12:07 PM

how do you get the different chocobos?

zezera 24-08-2005 07:22 PM

COULDN'T USE IT HELP ME!!

panther_512 25-08-2005 03:21 PM

Well, it is a little ironic with so many people not being able to run the game, but I am stuck with the final boss.
It is exremelly powerful and nomatter how many potions I have it always kills my party.
Has anyone finished the game? Any advice? ( I don't want to write more details about the final battle because it will spoil the fun from the others playing it)

evogaze 05-09-2005 12:19 PM

The way would be to use Dainsev, those strong ones like Alexander, Bahamut and Atlas will make your final battle a breeze. My team wasn't strong (I think so cos' I didn't train much), yet I'm able to win.
The review said that an item is needed to see an extra scene at the end. Anyone knows what's that? Is it that seemingly useless scroll someone gotten on the fight with Watcher Omega?

pu pu pa do 06-09-2005 08:02 AM

I also got to the final fight. I've beaten the first paradorn, but I can't beat the second one :wall: so... :help:

Read about stats now 08-09-2005 11:17 PM

Name: Deren (Kiros)
Special Skill: SwordSkill
Weapon: BroadSwords
Class: Soldier
Gentle: Male

Name: Motor
Special Skill: Machinery
Weapon: Guns
Class: Gunner
Gentle: Female Robot

Name: Lisbeth
Special Skill: Terrain
Weapon: Rods
Class: (Personally i thing she's a White mage am I right?)
Gentle: Female Cat-Human

Name: Ibis
Special Skill: Thievery
Weapon: Blades
Class: Thieve (at the end of the game he become a Treasure hunter)
Gentle: Male

Name: Ellana
Special Skill: Blue Magic
Weapon: (I don't remember very well but I thing she has a long stick, I had her only to use magic I was never attacking her weapon because she usually miss)
Class: Blue Mage
Gentle: Female

Name: Fuban
Special Skill: (The only thing that I rememer on him is that he had hight attack and he was using claws)
Weapon: Claws
Class: Fighter
Gentle: Male (Burned)

Name: Kiosen (Maison)
Special Skill: Use Item
Weapon: Toys
Class: Kirrasen Doll (Is that a job?)
Age: (He was a normal human but after an experiment he did at his self he became a doll)
Gentle: (At his real life he was male but a doll has a gentle?)

Guest 08-09-2005 11:19 PM

Lisbeth is a Terrain mage anyway

yup...

Send email to rm2k32001@yahoo.gr

Guest 08-09-2005 11:22 PM

My Favorite Character is Deren I like all the skill he use and the swords
like somebody said "This stupit blond human with a sword" LOL :)

Casey 24-09-2005 10:36 AM

I have a problem with this game and was wondering if anyone might have a clue as too what's causing it. I can get the game too load and everything, but I can't see text characters...Any clue?

Thanks,
Casey

Rian428 25-10-2005 07:42 PM

Reminds me of cosmic fantacy for the Turbo grafix16

Guest 05-11-2005 12:06 PM

hello, i have a problem

the game goes too fast

while searching, i found the mos´lo 4Biz, that can slowdown programs in windows xp, but i can´t get it to download.....

can you help me? thanks

Rorschach 06-11-2005 09:04 AM

Better late than never, let me jump to the defense of what is, IMHO, the cornerstone of the shooters!

There were some pleople arguing that Doom II didn't hold its own against games like Quake, Dark Forces and Hexen, but those were all games made AFTER Doom II, so it's doubly unfair argument: a) you can't compare games from different (even if close) times without keeping in mind the advancing resources available to the later games; B) more importantly, those were all games which FOLLOWED Doom II's wake and the standard it created, which wouldn't have existed without it.

I'm not saying that Doom II (or even I) is the grandfather of all FPS (that title rightfully goes to Wolfenstein 3D), but it's definitely the game that set it as a distinct game genre; all others just expanded (with greater or lesser contributions) on the subject. If memory doesn't fail me, before the term "first person shooter" became common currency, I remember seeing games as Quake and Dark Forces described as "Doom-style games" and such.

My point is, it's like saying the Beatles sucked because they rock music was simplistic and bubble-gum if compared to the complex melodies of 70's progressive rock or 80's metal: The Beatles were not the creators of rock n' roll, but like them or not, rock as we know it, past and present, would not exist was it not for them, the later rock bands owe their existence to them! So it's a matter of giving credit where credit is due, and not just dissing earlier developments simply because they didn't pack as many resources as later ones which, I can't stress that enough, have grown out of the earlier ones!

PS: Won't someone PLEASE direct me to the Final Doom wads (TNT and Plutonia), like I was asking in my post on the previous page? :whistle:

eeerik 11-11-2005 02:11 AM

I agree that Suikoden 2 is a gem that blows any FF game ever to be released out of the sky. FFVI although is one of my favourite games none the less.

Yuna 28-11-2005 10:50 AM

I finally found the RPG-"thing", but when I want to open the FF-game, there aren't any files which can run with that program?

werwolf 06-12-2005 04:14 PM

hey y'all! k, so either i'm amazingly blind or dumfoundingly stupid but i've searched the entire forum and read every post that could hold the answer i'm looking for.

i even found someone asking the same question (in this thread) w/o getting an answer, but i'll try again.

do any of you know how start FF:EN in a different resolution?
or at least in a window?

it starts fullscreen on my comp and i tried a couple of things but no matter what, i can't get it to run in a window.

can anyone help? cheers.

ShadowBlade 06-12-2005 07:09 PM

Alt-Enter? I've RM2K experience, and that has always worked.

werwolf 07-12-2005 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by ShadowBlade@Dec 6 2005, 08:09 PM
Alt-Enter? I've RM2K experience, and that has always worked.
yes! wicked! thanks, man. :D

rashaud 11-12-2005 03:55 PM

hey i have a prolblem with the game i download it then when i try to play it it says the file cannot be opened can somebody help me

Unknownthing 21-12-2005 03:26 AM

I have a question regarding Ellana's BlueMagic.
Does anyone know what uses the LimitGlove skill and possibly when you can encounter the particular monster?

Unknownthing 22-12-2005 04:47 PM

Nevermind.
I was mainly hoping that it could be obtained before entering the Endless as I planned to beat Watcher Omega before that...
Oh well, I shouldn't have much problem beating Watcher Omega now that have the Limit Glove skill.

JimmyJ 23-12-2005 02:14 AM

Isn't this game freeware? Last time I checked it was and if it is, it should go to Reloaded

Unknownthing 23-12-2005 03:25 AM

Well, I don't know if you tried (but I'm guessing no).
If you take the download link it will redirect you to the Abandonia Reloaded site which will further take you to the game's main site if you click on the download link there.

Onyx 12-01-2006 12:50 PM

First of all I apologize for waking this topic from the dead but I have to.

Anyway, this is the second time I play this game (first time I had to format my disk, stupid virus).
First time I played it I had no problems, but I can't remember if I was using WinXP back then or not.
Also, first time I started the game (I mean now, after I started playing it for the second time) everything was fine.
But now font(during the conversations) has gone beserk! It's allmost like it's "bold" now and I can't read a single thing! Switching to window mode didn't help. Any ideas?

:help: :help: :help: :help: :help:

..... 22-01-2006 09:36 AM

The game is funny , only the lvl up is stupid :tai:

Bobbin Threadbare 22-01-2006 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Onyx@Jan 12 2006, 11:50 PM
First of all I apologize for waking this topic from the dead but I have to.
That's what this forum is for awaking the topics for posting comments.

Guest 07-02-2006 01:16 AM

Hi to all!
I got this game yesterday and the exe that goes with it and when it gave me the 'usual' RTPe.exe missing error I loaded it into my rpgmaker2003 and told it to create a GameDisk with runtime package included...
After trying to run the game once more, it said it lacked Harmony.dll so I gave it that too.. so, I was able to run it, but after the initial animation the game crashes saying it couldn't load earth file!!!
Is there any help with this??
I saw someone had a similar problem, but no answers....

Guest 09-02-2006 03:31 AM

ok. To get this game running you Need a few things. First the game
The only version I seem to get running ok is the one at theunderdogs.org.

For those of you with that extremely annoying font disappearance problem:
go here and get the patch. Install then reboot.
http://www.crankeye.com/index.php?page=downloads
You will Need the Exe file from the author's site. every other version flavor color of this exe seems to crash somewhere.

Dathias 09-02-2006 03:41 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Guest@Feb 9 2006, 04:31 AM
ok. To get this game running you Need a few things. First the game
The only version I seem to get running ok is the one at theunderdogs.org.

For those of you with that extremely annoying font disappearance problem:
go here and get the patch. Install then reboot.
You will Need the Exe file from the author's site. every other version flavor color of this exe seems to crash somewhere.

bah. :sniper: :hairpull:
forgot to register name... figures
Links to get this game running:

www.the-underdogs.org/game.php?id=4412

(get both the game and the runtime package
There Are two links, at Documentation and Where to Get this entry at the bottom of the page.)
Course you can get the Runtime package also at

http://velv.net/Games/EN_RTP.zip
http://www.crankeye.com/files/rm2k_fp.exe

Install the last one and REBOOT THE COMPUTER I DONT CARE WHAT VERSION OF WINDOWS YOU HAVE. REBOOT IS REQUIRED! (this particular fact cost me 2 hours of download install uninstall delete mayhem. Till I read the size 6 font print saying rebooting is suggested.)

As for the "2nd version" I haven't been able to get it to work, but I haven't tried if after all the bandaids I just gave my mortally wounded computer.
:Titan:
comments and questions should be directed to this forum. Hope this helps.

I like this game. Some of you have this Been there done that attitude with games. Get Over It. Theres a lot of Code in this game. (took a peek with RPG Maker 2k) Not everyone can draw and make their own music and program.
Square-enix probably has more employees than this guy did. not to mention we shell out some $50 for the game and this guy gives it to us.

Guest_Veggen 12-02-2006 01:46 PM

No metter what I do, another site will not let me download the file... Is there any chance to find it elsewhere??

Sebatianos 12-02-2006 03:37 PM

You were refering to a completely different site - and their server, their collections and their probles got nothing to do with us (although we're on friendly terms).

The game is hosted on our sister site as well: Abandonia Reloaded (just follow the link from the main game site - I guess that's where you found this thread to post in anyway).

moogleproof 18-02-2006 04:40 PM

Hullo all, I haven't read all of this discussion, and if you have already discussed about my point here, I'm sorry for the repetition.

I read some of the review by Tom (I usually skip the parts which include plot, 'cause I really hate spoilers) and just wanted to point out that Delita didn't really make this game pixel by pixel, the game being made with rpgmaker. Quite a lot of the screenshots show that he has used a lot of the rtp files provided, the characters, chipset etc... I don't blame him of course, it would have been exhausting to draw everything all by yourself (although there are some who manage it, all credit to them).
You lot propably all ready knew this, but I just couldn't find out if you did, discovering this site fifteen minutes ago and this topic going on for 10+ pages...

My second opinion is that no one should christen their game Final Fantasy if it's really not a FF. It doesn't matter how good their game is or how much they like the series, but to me it just seems wrong, almost like abusing the real developers. It's like you'd write a book titled The Bible: What Jesus really meant (Don't get me wrong, I'm quite religious) or even Lord Of The Rings Part II. I love FF but wouldn't call my own game FF even if I would think it would do the name justice.

Happy Gaming Hours and hope you made sense of my mutterings, I really kind of wrote it in Haste.

Emma 21-02-2006 01:05 PM

Help! I cant find the exe file to run the game. I have RPG Maker 2000 and the other file but I just can't see how to run it.
Please help!

bruno 24-02-2006 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Emma@Feb 21 2006, 03:05 PM
Help! I cant find the exe file to run the game. I have RPG Maker 2000 and the other file but I just can't see how to run it.
Please help!

You have your question resolved some post above your, please read, that first... :whistle:

SV650S 01-03-2006 10:24 PM

I give up. I downloaded the .exe file and everything, and I guess I still need something else. Screw it, i'm deleting. I just want to DL and play, not keep looking for different files to download, hoping one will make it work. Hey, i'm a lazy behind, what can I say?

Sian 02-04-2006 11:49 AM

might said before but ... the intro theme aren't something the creator made himself ...

it is a slightly modified edition of the theme to the anime "Serial Experiments: Lain"

godswatch 03-04-2006 04:03 AM

Looking for some help.

I havent played the game yet because the font is screwed up. The game loads alright and the intro scene begins, but the text is hard to read because the T's look like l's and the r's look like i's without the dot and a whole bunch of other letters are sort of half written. Is there a way to fix this? Is there a way to slow down the text during the intro scene? Appreciate any advice. Thanks.

Godswatch

Sian 04-04-2006 06:42 AM

http://www.animelyrics.com/anime/lain/selduvet.htm

the true lyrics for the theme :)

Chocobo 07-04-2006 08:41 AM

How does one get the green and black chocobos mentioned in the walkthrough. Do you need them to jump up the cliffs etc.? :wall:

FreshMaker 15-04-2006 04:07 AM

[size=7][font=Times]I Figured out how to get the special chocobos!!
Win 750 tickets at the arcade and trade them for rubber paste. WHen you are on Coyas, go to the abandoned beach and help the man fix his boat. He can give you rides to his island, where his wife sells special greens! :cheers:

ZtoTheS 22-04-2006 06:55 PM

well, I got RPG maker 2000 but with no exe file, how could this be?, should I download other maker, I got this from abandonia.com

The Fifth Horseman 24-04-2006 10:25 AM

That RPM2K we've got here is only an addon pack... I really don't know how it got here in the first place.
Get a different version, that's all I can suggest.

Hypnotoad13 06-05-2006 04:59 AM

everytime i try to play it, during the opening i get an error message that says "cannot open file Earth"

wtf?

bruno 08-05-2006 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Hypnotoad13@May 6 2006, 05:59 AM
everytime i try to play it, during the opening i get an error message that says "cannot open file Earth"

wtf?

I didn´t remeber very well this game, but did you try to run the game in Dosbox, i think it will help... :cheers:

Juggalo Freak 23-05-2006 03:55 PM

I need help with the game, when I try to run it, I get the error, cannot open file Menu, i get to the new, load, or quit screen and when i press new it screws up with that error, any help plz?

Juggalo Freak 23-05-2006 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by little fish+May 8 2006, 11:24 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (little fish @ May 8 2006, 11:24 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-Hypnotoad13@May 6 2006, 05:59 AM

wtf?

I didn´t remeber very well this game, but did you try to run the game in Dosbox, i think it will help... :cheers:[/b][/quote]
The Game does not run In Dos Box, It needs to be ran under win 32

Guest_Mortalsin 24-05-2006 09:30 AM

Text in game is all garbled any advise on how to fix that problem

Gum 27-05-2006 05:16 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest_Mortalsin @ May 24 2006, 09:30 AM) [snapback]231969[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

[/b]
Anyone been able to solve and provide a walkthru for the 3 marbles quest for the little gal?

SailorCallie 04-06-2006 09:16 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ZtoTheS @ Apr 22 2006, 01:55 PM) [snapback]225004[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

well, I got RPG maker 2000 but with no exe file, how could this be?, should I download other maker, I got this from abandonia.com
[/b]
I've tried to download RPG Maker 2000 with the .exe file from their website, but I wasn't able to because they refuse to send me my lost password, and I've registered last week.

rabadi 16-06-2006 01:13 AM

I need tips on how to beat Sebi Aktsan the thinker, one of the Dainsevs, in Frena. One strike of "Judgement of Petrify" and that's it, my party will perish right away. What is a good strategy to prevent this?

rabadi 17-06-2006 01:06 AM

Never mind, by utilizing Carbuncle Dainsev, I was able to survive long enough for counter-attack and defeat Sebi. I need new tips, though, which are on how to battle Queen of Magik (in the Temple of Lost Magik) and Watcher Beta (in Lost Lab). Help, anybody?

Guest 19-06-2006 04:00 AM

Beat the Queen of Magik and Watcher Beta finally. Now, the challenge is to beat Watcher Omega and Paradorn. Tips will be appreciated, especially when they use Ultima spell, there's no way my current party will be able to survive :blink:

rabadi 19-06-2006 04:02 AM

Oopss... forgot to login. The post above is mine. Anyway, seems like there's not many people currently playing this game?

#BlakhOle# 20-06-2006 02:14 AM

Im playing it, im kinda going through a sort of Final Fantasy phase (hehe Final Fantasy Fase :bleh: ), but im probably nowhere near you people. Im just up to the Red Temple i think it is on Coyas. Making tracks fast though. :)

rabadi (too lazy to login) 20-06-2006 04:56 AM

Well, Red Temple... that is about halfway through the game already. Except that I don't get it when people said this game can be finished in 12 to 15 hours. I'm on 30 hours now, and still have not collected enough Dark Matter (need 70 for Ultima Spell) and Purity Chalice (need 99 to trade for Ribbon, I only found one in Avanta, and I think I need at least two for my party). Not to mention hours spent in the dig site in Kortira and in the arcade section in Finel Capital), that is if you want to collect all Dainsevs.

mabz 20-06-2006 04:42 PM

the link doesnt work anymore! is there anywhere else i can download it?

Shrek 20-06-2006 05:03 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mabz @ Jun 20 2006, 05:42 PM) [snapback]238195[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

the link doesnt work anymore! is there anywhere else i can download it?
[/b]
Well, this game is hosted "outside our servers" (something called "velv.net") and it's true, it's not working... I don't think there's much we can do about, but since this game belongs to Reload, maybe you should post this problem in their foruns...

And maybe it's just because the server which hosts it's offline and maybe you should try later...

Guest 21-06-2006 01:15 AM

Huh? The download link on this site http://velv.net/FFEN.html seems to be working fine.

Anyway, it turned out I could get Ultima spell out of the Magic Pot in the Lost Lab. However I was not too lucky, and I had to spend at least a hundred Cryna Orbs or so, just to get one Ultima spell. With Ultima spell, Atlas Dainsev, and Flare spell, I was able to defeat Paradorn, both the first and the second form. So, I guess I completed the game, except that I still cannot defeat Watcher Omega. Heck, I did not even have a chance to try it. Watcher Omega strikes first, and with just one swipe of Ultima spell all my characters are gone.

Has anyone ever defeated Watcher Omega? The strongest character in my party is Deren, and he only has about 400 something HP, while Watcher Omega's Ultima spell strikes at about at least 600 something HP. It feels rather boring just training again and again to get higher HP, especially with a rather strange HP levelling system like that.

rabadi 21-06-2006 01:22 AM

Oh my goodness, I forgot to login again. That post above is mine.

BTW, I have noticed in this thread how people experience problem just to play this game. Well, just download RPG Maker 200 RTP from Abandonia (http://www.abandonia.com/utility/RPG%20Maker%202000.exe), and install it. Then download both FFEN_V2.zip file (http://velv.net/Games/FFEN_V2.zip) and EN_RTP.zip file (http://velv.net/Games/EN_RTP.zip), extract them to a folder of your choice. Locate the file RPG_RT.exe in that folder of your choice where you have extracted those FFEN_V2.zip and EN_RTP.zip file, and you should be able to run the game.

EDIT: As for the font problem, well I don't experience any font problem whatsoever, so I cannot guarantee this will solve the font problem for those who do experience it, but I think if you download the font patch (http://amaranthia.com/downloads/font_patch.exe) and install it, it should fix this problem. Yeah, it is actually a font patch for another game (which is featured on Abandonia Reloaded if I am not mistaken), but I think it is related to RPG Maker 2000 font, so well maybe it will help.

EDIT: On second thought, ignore the paragraph above about font patch. I don't think it will work 'cause it is for a totally different game, so the specs most likely be different as well.

mabz 24-06-2006 01:25 PM

hey everyone, the links above still didnt work for me, but i found another link where you can download it:

http://www.the-underdogs.info/downloadfile...zip&id=4412

<3

mabz 24-06-2006 10:59 PM

um oh yeah, does anyone know how to get the special chocobos at ventry heights?? has it got somethin to do with the wishing well???

<3

rabadi 26-06-2006 02:03 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mabz @ Jun 24 2006, 10:59 PM) [snapback]239435[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

um oh yeah, does anyone know how to get the special chocobos at ventry heights?? has it got somethin to do with the wishing well???
[/b]
Check out the page before this, and you'll get the answer ^_^ Otherwise, the website I posted above has the walkthrough link.

Well, I finally managed to beat Watcher Omega. A combination of Alexander Dainsev, Dream Stooges Dainsev, Atlas Dainsev, Ultima Spell, lots of Elixir, and some luck finally prevailed against this beast :brain: Since Watcher Omega is the strongest enemy in the game (according to Delita Hyral X himself on his message board), the final battle with both forms of Paradorn was a breeze afterwards.

Ximei 26-06-2006 08:18 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Gum @ May 27 2006, 05:16 AM) [snapback]232521[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest_Mortalsin @ May 24 2006, 09:30 AM) [snapback]231969[/snapback]
Quote:

[/b]
Anyone been able to solve and provide a walkthru for the 3 marbles quest for the little gal?
[/b][/quote]
I have found two marbles so far. The blue marble is hidden under a rock in front of the girl's house. The red marble is in the Mayor's house. Just enter the house and you'll see some shards in the right corner. Check the shards and you should get the red marble.

Omega 26-06-2006 08:19 AM

Can someone explain to me how to get the broken crest. I have the purple chocobo, and I crossed from a place which had a well, but only came across an ancient scroll V, where is the tower of magik.

Ximei 26-06-2006 08:23 AM

I have finallz found the third missing marble. The yellow marble is located in the inn near the girl's house, in a wooden bucket.(upper right corner)

Ximei 26-06-2006 08:26 AM

The girl gives you 10 Posh wallets if you return her marbles and tells zou that... she has another marble which she lost at the spaceport. :blink:

Guest 26-06-2006 08:30 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ximei @ Jun 26 2006, 08:26 AM) [snapback]239690[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

The girl gives you 10 Posh wallets if you return her marbles and tells zou that... she has another marble which she lost at the spaceport. :blink:
[/b]
Well, I finally got it, the white (and hopefully final) marble is in a wagon east to the spaceport(near the pub).

rabadi 27-06-2006 01:14 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Jun 26 2006, 08:30 AM) [snapback]239691[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ximei @ Jun 26 2006, 08:26 AM) [snapback]239690[/snapback]
Quote:

[/b]
Well, I finally got it, the white (and hopefully final) marble is in a wagon east to the spaceport(near the pub).
[/b][/quote]
Yes, I think that should be the last one.

Omega 27-06-2006 11:59 AM

I've been playing this game for awhile now, I am stuck at a quest on getting the best weapons. I have the purple chocobo which flies, but I am not sure where I must go to get the broken crest. The only place I was able to think of that I flew from one place to another was where the well was which u put 10 gil in, and after crossing, u find ancient scroll V from there. Is there another place.

Also regarding the boss Omega Watcher, any stratedgy on beating him, boss from (Lost Lab) any stratedgy on beating him, I did a scan on him and it says hp 9999 with an mp of 9999, no weaknesses, which kinda gave me no hope against him, also post some ideas on wat equipment to use, and how much hp must each char have to stand a chance, my highest hp char is Fuban with 300 hp, the rest are in the 220's. Also the boss does this holy spell which takes a way about 420 hp from a char, which is painful, any way to avoid that.

Guest 28-06-2006 02:07 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Omega @ Jun 27 2006, 11:59 AM) [snapback]239945[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

I've been playing this game for awhile now, I am stuck at a quest on getting the best weapons. I have the purple chocobo which flies, but I am not sure where I must go to get the broken crest. The only place I was able to think of that I flew from one place to another was where the well was which u put 10 gil in, and after crossing, u find ancient scroll V from there. Is there another place.[/b]
Look at the walkthrough here: http://velv.net/Games/EndlessNova_Faq_Walkthrough.txt
Quote:

To begin this side quest, you must first complete all four temples. You need to have the rubber paste from the game corner (300 tickets). Then return to Coyas and go to the docks on the bottom right hand corner of the map. The guy inside the house will ask if he can have the rubber paste. Once you give it to him he will let you use the boat to go across to the island. Once there buy the Sylkis Greens. Now return back to Ventry Heights go south and east of where you fought the ghost. You should exit out and get back to a different part of the world map. Enter the Imul Gulf and use your Sylkis Green. Now use the chocobo to fly across the river. Once you're back on the world map you should see the "Temple of Lost Magik". Enter and touch to the center crest. You will get an item called "Broken Crest". Now head back to Banaru and you should see a hidden on the right side of the map under the Blue Temple. Once you're in the falls talk to the ghost black smith and he will take your Broken Crest and turn it into the Luminous Crest. Now that you got the Luminous Crest you're ready to get the Ultimate Weapon which are hidden in golden colored treasure chests.[/b]
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Omega @ Jun 27 2006, 11:59 AM) [snapback]239945[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

Also regarding the boss Omega Watcher, any stratedgy on beating him, boss from (Lost Lab) any stratedgy on beating him, I did a scan on him and it says hp 9999 with an mp of 9999, no weaknesses, which kinda gave me no hope against him, also post some ideas on wat equipment to use, and how much hp must each char have to stand a chance, my highest hp char is Fuban with 300 hp, the rest are in the 220's. Also the boss does this holy spell which takes a way about 420 hp from a char, which is painful, any way to avoid that.[/b]
I also almost gave up at that time. Well, my party consisted of Deren, Motor, Ibis, and Ellana. I guess getting the best weapons in the game helps, but I actually did not use weapons to go against Watcher Omega. I used Dream Stooges Dainsev with Deren, Atlas Dainsev with Motor, Alexander Dainsev (or Holy Spell, or Flare Spell if low on MP) with Ibis, and Ultima Spell with Ellana. You can get Holy Spell from the Lost Lab, as well as from the Queen of Magik. You can get Ultima Spell by trading 70 Dark Matters, or if you are lucky, from Magic Pot in the Lost Lab. Deren equipped himself with Ribbon (you can get it from Avanta), Motor with Angel Ring. Deren had 800 something MP and 500 something HP. The rest had around 400 to 500 something HP and also 400 something MP if I recall correctly (as I said I don't have the game in front of me anymore so I can't confirm that). Use lots of Elixir. Even then I guess a little luck is needed, 'cause Watcher Omega could cast Ultima Spell as well as a spell, which I don't remember the name, that could damage up to 999 HP. Just be patient, train for several days to raise your stats. With persistence, you'll make it. Happy gaming!

rabadi 28-06-2006 02:12 AM

That was me posting above. Forgot to login again.

Anyway, I want to add, if you are patient enough, you might want to collect 99 Purity Chalice to trade for another Ribbon. That way, not just one but two of your party members can equip Ribbon, minimizing the chance Watcher Omega turning them to beserk/mad/petrified/stoned/etc. status condition. I just did not have patience enough so I went ahead with only Deren equipping Ribbon, and thus I need to cast Esuna Spell on Ibis most of the time to get rid of those status changes (he was most vulnerable to those kind of spells).

Guest 28-06-2006 03:37 AM

hi peeps, if anyone has any suggestions for these questions it would really help:

1. abt the ultimate weapons, i cant find fuban's weapon and excalibur anywhere in necilia, i checked the castle three time from top to bottom. the walkthrough said they would be there but i dont see any chests.

2. which monsters have dark matter on them? i wanna get odin!

3. where can i find the dainsev lich?? is it later in the game or is it hidden like some of it?(btw i think the walkthrough forgot abt this dainsev in the lost lab, i think its called behemoth or somethin like that, does any one know any other dainsevs thats not mentioned?)

id love any help thanks!:D

Guest 28-06-2006 03:43 AM

ps: infact i cant find ellana's weapon either

rabadi 28-06-2006 04:21 AM

Deren's Excalibur: When you enter Necelia Castle, see the Pu Pu on the right side of the door. With your back facing the Pu Pu, walk a few steps down, all the while trying to move left (press your right key, as it is Deren's left movement at the moment). You should end up to an area with a chest and a pool. Excalibur is there. Since I don't have the game in front of me right now, I can't count the exact steps needed.

Fuban's Rune Claws: Exactly as the walkthrough says, "Enter Necelia Castle, in the first room go to the top left hand corner and enter the door. Then you will be brought to the room with the chest." I don't recall anything else. Sorry.

Ellana's Whale Wisker: Again, exactly as the walkthrough says, "In Yoih go to the Hot Springs area. By taking a hidden path from the right side of the screen, you will end up next to the tresure chest." It may take some time, yes I did hate those hidden path too, especially one in Frena where I was supposed to get a Sage Robe. I got frustrated, and just forgot about it. I don't think the Sage Robe was worth much.

If I recall correctly, the Behemoth King has Dark Matter. Just use Ibis to steal it. You may also defeat it, and hopefully it will drop Dark Matter. That way you'll get two each round.

Lich Dainsev is in Tazuu Falls, in the northern tunnel, but you need to have at least 5 other Dainsevs first.

The list of the Dainsevs is in the walkthrough, the link posted above. Anyway, here it is: Cait Sith, Siren, Shiva, Ifrit, Ixion, Catoblepas, Kirin, Harle, Lich, Odin, Atomos, Bahumut, Leviathan, Alexander, Phoenix, Carbuncle, Atlas, and Dream Stooges.

Guest 28-06-2006 08:34 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rabadi @ Jun 28 2006, 04:21 AM) [snapback]240111[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

Deren's Excalibur: When you enter Necelia Castle, see the Pu Pu on the right side of the door. With your back facing the Pu Pu, walk a few steps down, all the while trying to move left (press your right key, as it is Deren's left movement at the moment). You should end up to an area with a chest and a pool. Excalibur is there. Since I don't have the game in front of me right now, I can't count the exact steps needed.

Fuban's Rune Claws: Exactly as the walkthrough says, "Enter Necelia Castle, in the first room go to the top left hand corner and enter the door. Then you will be brought to the room with the chest." I don't recall anything else. Sorry.

Ellana's Whale Wisker: Again, exactly as the walkthrough says, "In Yoih go to the Hot Springs area. By taking a hidden path from the right side of the screen, you will end up next to the tresure chest." It may take some time, yes I did hate those hidden path too, especially one in Frena where I was supposed to get a Sage Robe. I got frustrated, and just forgot about it. I don't think the Sage Robe was worth much.

If I recall correctly, the Behemoth King has Dark Matter. Just use Ibis to steal it. You may also defeat it, and hopefully it will drop Dark Matter. That way you'll get two each round.

Lich Dainsev is in Tazuu Falls, in the northern tunnel, but you need to have at least 5 other Dainsevs first.

The list of the Dainsevs is in the walkthrough, the link posted above. Anyway, here it is: Cait Sith, Siren, Shiva, Ifrit, Ixion, Catoblepas, Kirin, Harle, Lich, Odin, Atomos, Bahumut, Leviathan, Alexander, Phoenix, Carbuncle, Atlas, and Dream Stooges.
[/b]
hi, thanks for the tips, i got ellanas and derens. but fubans is still missin, which is odd because it seems to be the easiest. theres only two ordinary chests in there that ive already opened and some knight suits. i dont suppose thats hidden too? i went upstairs and checked everywhere but i cant find it :(

rabadi 29-06-2006 04:53 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Jun 28 2006, 08:34 AM) [snapback]240140[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

hi, thanks for the tips, i got ellanas and derens. but fubans is still missin, which is odd because it seems to be the easiest. theres only two ordinary chests in there that ive already opened and some knight suits. i dont suppose thats hidden too? i went upstairs and checked everywhere but i cant find it :([/b]
As I said, I no longer have the game in front of me now (I'm currently busy playing another great freeware, The Spirit Engine), so I can't confirm for sure, but did you try to search (click Enter or Space key) along the north wall somewhere in the castle. I don't exactly recall, but there might be a slightly different colored brick somewhere on the north wall, which will open up to a hidden room with a chest containing Fuban's ultimate weapon. Again, I don't recall the exact location, but it may not be in the upper floor at all, just in the first floor.

For me those ultimate weapons were not compulsory. They *might* make a difference for battling Watcher Omega, I don't know for sure since I purely depended on magic (eventhough I found all those ultimate weapons), but that battle is optional anyway. As for battling the Final boss (the two forms of Paradorn), I think I can safely say they are not necessary, since Paradorn is much easier than Watcher Omega.

*Maybe* the battle against Watcher Omega is easier if the party includes Fuban and Kiosen. Since my party consisted of Deren, Motor, Ibis, and Ellana, I wouldn't know for sure.

lego 01-07-2006 09:07 AM

i have this one question. i dont know if its a bug or not but in Correct where the love point thingy takes place, i got motor, well thats what the text said but its a picture of fuban!!! HAHAHhAHA, can that happen?? and so is it just a toss up between lisbeth and motor or can ellana be in it aswell??...or even fuban?LOL..

Obsidian 11-07-2006 12:26 PM

I have a (rather small) problem with that game, perhaps anyone can tell me if it is a general bug or if I'm the only one with that problem -_-

Each time I start the game there are new pixels added to the letters... The first time I hardly noticed it, but meanwhile it takes a lot of guessing to figure out the weapon stats or to actually KNOW what the characters are saying... Could anyone help me out here?

firesheart 11-07-2006 05:24 PM

umm... :sos: i can't turn right At all and i auto turn left when i move right i stop the rest of the game works fine.

rabadi 13-07-2006 01:29 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(lego @ Jul 1 2006, 09:07 AM) [snapback]240868[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

i have this one question. i dont know if its a bug or not but in Correct where the love point thingy takes place, i got motor, well thats what the text said but its a picture of fuban!!! HAHAHhAHA, can that happen?? and so is it just a toss up between lisbeth and motor or can ellana be in it aswell??...or even fuban?LOL..
[/b]
Well, I never got to the love point part. The game always crashed when I entered the place. Don't know what I missed, but since I assume it did not affect the ending, I just forgot about it.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Obsidian @ Jul 11 2006, 12:26 PM) [snapback]242734[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

I have a (rather small) problem with that game, perhaps anyone can tell me if it is a general bug or if I'm the only one with that problem -_-

Each time I start the game there are new pixels added to the letters... The first time I hardly noticed it, but meanwhile it takes a lot of guessing to figure out the weapon stats or to actually KNOW what the characters are saying... Could anyone help me out here?
[/b]
Sounds like it is the font problem. Just flip to earlier pages of this forum thread, and you'll find the troubleshooting steps there.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(firesheart @ Jul 11 2006, 05:24 PM) [snapback]242783[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

umm... :sos: i can't turn right At all and i auto turn left when i move right i stop the rest of the game works fine.
[/b]
Sorry I can't help with this one. Maybe try to re-install the whole thing?

firesheart 13-07-2006 03:50 PM

i figured it out i was holding the left button when i started the game. my problem know is that whenever i go to astral tower i get a game over.

rabadi 14-07-2006 01:12 AM

Make sure Motor is alive when you go to the Astral Tower.

firesheart 18-07-2006 05:40 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rabadi @ Jul 13 2006, 09:12 PM) [snapback]243209[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

Make sure Motor is alive when you go to the Astral Tower.
[/b]
thx it worked

Guest 19-07-2006 03:26 AM

I did wat the instructions said to when u download the game but it gets to the part when there
flyin through space and cuts out reading cannot open earth file!! i've tried re-downloading it twicw an the same thing happens can anyone solve my problem???

rabadi 20-07-2006 01:54 AM

Do you by any chance try to play it in DOSBox? If so, don't. Because the game is for Windows, not for DOS. Otherwise, sorry I can't help because it just ran well for me. Maybe you can post in the troubleshooting forum to get more help.

13Yoldfan 22-07-2006 06:58 AM

hi all any help on this game would be helpfull and any game suggistions fo other game would also be
helpfull

rabadi 24-07-2006 01:16 AM

Well, just flip a few pages back on this thread and you'll find link to walkthrough to the game. If you have any other question, feel free to ask, and if I can I will certainly try to help.

As for other suggestions, Laxius Power Trilogy (from Indinera Falls) and Ahriman's Prophecy (from Amaranth Games) are similar in the sense that they are made with RPG Maker (albeit maybe with different version of RPG Maker. Just search with Google for the links (sorry, a bit lazy today :bleh: ). Oh, and they are also free.

Otherwise, check http://rrrevolution.com/ or http://www.rpg-palace.com/games.php or http://www.gamingw.net/ for tons of games made with RPG Maker.

SailorCallie 03-08-2006 09:04 PM

How about this one made by RPGMaker 2000: http://www.sailorvgame.org/mg/dev/gae.htm

And, I have successfully downloaded it, so I have no idea why Final Fantasy Endless Nova isn't allowing me to play it, even with the add-ons.

EDIT: For those who's been searching for a full install of RPG Maker 2000, today's your lucky day: http://mod.htmod.com/files/RM2K_107E.exe
:brain:

rabadi 04-08-2006 01:40 AM

Uhm... alow me to say something here, but no offence intended whatsoever, if you're offended let me apologize upfront. Still, are you sure it is okay to provide the link to full RPG Maker 2000? I do not download the file, so I don't know for sure, but if it is a version of RPG Maker 2000 that was, ahem, illegally translated and redistributed by Don Miguel, then I guess it is warez. See the article on wikipedia here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RPG_Maker
Quote:

Enterbrain and ASCII released RPG Maker 2000 in Japan in 1999. It was translated into English and illegally redistributed by a Russian programmer with the handle Don Miguel, who also took part in the translation and piracy of RPG Maker 95. In 2002, Don Miguel was given a warning by Enterbrain. He subsequently discontinued work on RPG Maker 2000, removed web links to the software, and urged the community to stop using his translation, and buy the official (Japanese) version of RPG Maker 2000.[/b]
Yeah, I know the official version is Japanese, but IIRC Enterbrain released the latest version RPG Maker XP in English, and people can buy it if they want to (not that it'll help to play this Endless Nova game since it was developed with RPG Maker 2000, but RTP and not full package is enough to play this game, not sure why it does not work with some people). Anyway, if the link is not to what I think it is, I'm sorry.

SailorCallie 04-08-2006 01:42 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rabadi @ Aug 3 2006, 09:40 PM) [snapback]246647[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

Uhm... alow me to say something here, but no offence intended whatsoever, if you're offended let me apologize upfront. Still, are you sure it is okay to provide the link to full RPG Maker 2000? I do not download the file, so I don't know for sure, but if it is a version of RPG Maker 2000 that was, ahem, illegally translated and redistributed by Don Miguel, then I guess it is warez. See the article on wikipedia here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RPG_Maker
Quote:

Enterbrain and ASCII released RPG Maker 2000 in Japan in 1999. It was translated into English and illegally redistributed by a Russian programmer with the handle Don Miguel, who also took part in the translation and piracy of RPG Maker 95. In 2002, Don Miguel was given a warning by Enterbrain. He subsequently discontinued work on RPG Maker 2000, removed web links to the software, and urged the community to stop using his translation, and buy the official (Japanese) version of RPG Maker 2000.[/b]
Yeah, I know the official version is Japanese, but IIRC Enterbrain released the latest version RPG Maker XP in English, and people can buy it if they want to (not that it'll help to play this Endless Nova game since it was developed with RPG Maker 2000, but RTP and not full package is enough to play this game, not sure why it does not work with some people).
[/b]
None taken.

Guest_david_* 17-08-2006 12:52 PM

you know what.. i think something must have happened with endless nova. did square get mad at the creators or something? the game is now unattainable.. all links are dead/broken.

does anyone have a copy of the game they could share?

rabadi 18-08-2006 01:39 AM

It works fine for me :blink:
http://velv.net/Games/FFEN_V2.zip

Guest 20-08-2006 08:50 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rabadi @ Aug 18 2006, 01:39 AM) [snapback]249366[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

It works fine for me :blink:
http://velv.net/Games/FFEN_V2.zip
[/b]
(after my original post i was able to find it on another site) but now your links work, and checking the original link from abandonia, it works fine..

i guess velv.net was having hosting problems as of my original post.. the links and everything are working fine and i've gotten pretty far in the game

so far it's a great game.. definitely on par with square soft games. very fun.

rabadi 22-08-2006 01:15 AM

Since you managed to get FFEN from another site, would you care to share the link with us? That way, in the case official FFEN site goes down in the future, people can still get the game from that other site. I take it you got it from http://www.gamingw.net/ or similar site?

manan_force 06-09-2006 01:10 PM

nice one. :w00t:

SailorCallie 16-09-2006 05:06 PM

To quote Dennis Miller: Now I don't want to get off on a rant here, but...

HOW DO I GET THIS DADGUM FILE TO WORK ON RPGMAKER2000 PROPERLY!!!!!!!!!!! :wallbash: :sos: :crybaby: :hairpull: :ranting:

To make this long story short, is there a working .exe file for Final Fantasy Endless Nova that does exist?

Thanks in advance.

Elminster 30-09-2006 12:55 PM

Has anyone a guess, which purpuse the faith scroll and the omega coin have ? I don´t think they are completly useless, but I don´t have further ideas.... :huh:

Guest 15-10-2006 04:18 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tom Henrik @ Dec 1 2004, 07:34 PM) [snapback]32614[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

Just for the record:

Grandia II kicks behind!

And the story in Final Fantasy X is the ONLY story in which I almost cried at the ending. I got a real big lump in my throat while finishing that game. No other game has ever done this to me before.

And the graphic aspect only came with FF VII, before this it was standard graphic, but they used it in a way unheard of before. If you are after a really good plot you should get hold of Final Fantasy VI, or X... but apparantly you are stuck on not liking ANY of the Final Fantasy games. :sneaky:
[/b]
so far i,ve only played ff for like an hour are so and i think it is a pretty good game,,,i say *dirty word* a

dude 20-10-2006 12:08 AM

Man this game rocks if only my game could work but I still can't figure it out hey where can you get the game making version of rpg maker :sos: i'm still a newbie in that department

Tom Henrik 20-10-2006 12:11 AM

You will have to buy that one. The latest version is names RPGMaker XP. You can find it here:
http://www.enterbrain.co.jp/tkool/RPG_XP/eng/ :ok:

Guest 20-10-2006 05:38 AM

I found the review to be very misleading and inaccurate. This game is not a Final Fantasy game, no matter how good it may be. It is in the style of a Final Fantasy game, but the distinction must be made clear; even with the FF name, Endless Nova is only a fan-game. The brief history of the FF series in the review was highly irrelevant to this game. Furthermore, this game was made with an RPG Maker 2000, meaning that the creator probably did not build everything (graphically) from the ground up, pixel by pixel. There are tons of available resources among the RPGM community, including sprites and midi files. I don't blame the creator of the game for this, because he/she didn't write the review; I blame this on the reviewer. I don't know if the reviewer knew better or not, but the review should really be corrected/rewritten.

dude 23-10-2006 10:39 PM

is there a free version of the rpg maker I would like to try it out

SailorCallie 24-10-2006 12:23 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SailorCallie @ Sep 16 2006, 01:06 PM) [snapback]255425[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'>
How come no one answered my question? :wallbash:

dude 28-10-2006 01:03 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SailorCallie @ Oct 24 2006, 12:23 AM) [snapback]263179[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

How come no one answered my question? :wallbash:
[/b]
I don't know how come yours doesn't work mine does you sure you fallowed the intructions

man I neeeeeeed to get an acount

Guest 30-10-2006 11:50 PM

What are you supposed to do after you beat fussion quennlin?

some1 03-11-2006 03:43 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Oct 31 2006, 12:50 AM) [snapback]264441[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

What are you supposed to do after you beat fussion quennlin?
[/b]
Don't worry it took me a while to get through that part... about... 10-20min... anyway the reason I REALLY am typing this is that can any1 help me with any secrets at yoih or how to get scrolls or how to kill the dang vampire?

I keep dying when he has [u]10</span>
Description: This game has to be played by any final fantasy fan possible! Thumbs up! :ok:

Guest 13-11-2006 02:14 PM

you NEED the rm2k rtp
[rm2k is what the peoples call rpg maker 2000 for short]

the run time package file contains starting resources. sounds,midis, all the graphics made by enterbrain [the dudes who make the rm series] for rm2k. they're required to work games because it saves people downloading the same files for each rm2k made game they download. [ of course this logic means nothing if you only plan on downloading one rm2k game].

anyway you need the rtp to play this game and its NOT included with the rm2k program. your gonna have to look for it which might be hard, better yet if someone here has it i'd suggest you upload it.

i'm not really familiar with rm2k, in fact i've never played. i've played rmxp a fair bit though and i'm a moderator in a community/fan/cool-place- to-be forum for it ^^

umm actually thats not really why i wanted to post...i kinda just wanted to say,
1: would you people please include the rtp with the rm2k program download so people would stop using this thread for troubleshooting and more for discussion about this game, please?

2:this game doesn't look greatly interesting from the screenshots i saw.
on the plus side someone here said it has boss battles
on the downside someone here said slow battles

[don't think i'll download atleast untill gets a rtp link/file readily accesible] :P

it doesn't look that good of a game anyway.

AND ONE LAST THING...
FF7 IS THE BEST!!!!! dont get me started, if you think this post is long you have no idea how i could defend ff7. played that game for like 300 hours plus in total. i have no idea of accuracy as i havn't played it in a while, but my whole life was virtually dedicated to that game ^^ i loved the character stuff, the way it reflects real life in ways an idiot couldn't understand from defining evil as someone who wants heaven on earth even if it means killing the entire planet [advent children reveals that sephorith wants to turn the planet into a vessel to travel the galaxy and start a new race [or something like that]],pollution, the goals, views and differences of government and a certain terrorist/environmentalist group, and other things two!

i loved the gameplay as well.the weapons ARE BLOODY HARD! and the battle arena is good fun aswell. chocobo racing was fun two.

....i got started....sorry

Sboy 20-11-2006 08:39 PM

Starting with the nintendo original FF, to FF X, I played them all. All I gotta say is this is hell of tough. To get all the good items are difficult, and there as special bosses that are damn behind impossible. Hint: Where Lisbeth is, is some monster I cannot defeat.

The boss is called Sebi Aktsan. He casts these spells (all characters HP to 1, steal all MP, some crazy behind spell that causes stop/mute/confuse/stone (I don't have the ribbon, yet). I mean, the regular bosses are just as difficult as any FF game from squaresoft, but this guy is just nuts

I'm in the process of completing the temples.... This game is very good. For the die hard RPG fans, this is a great game.

The level up process is very tedious but I think it's more realistic than the EXP or silly FFX stats map.

Guest 21-11-2006 04:13 AM

If you think Sebi Aktsan is difficult, wait until you meet Watcher Omega. This optional boss is much harder than the final boss (Paradorn). Along the way you can also meet other optional bosses like Queen of Magik and Watcher Beta. I think both are more difficult than Sebi Aktsan as well.

Anyway, use Carbuncle Dainsev with Sebi Aktsan. After a few tries you should be able to defeat this boss.

rabadi 21-11-2006 04:16 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Nov 21 2006, 05:13 AM) [snapback]267887[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

If you think Sebi Aktsan is difficult, wait until you meet Watcher Omega. This optional boss is much harder than the final boss (Paradorn). Along the way you can also meet other optional bosses like Queen of Magik and Watcher Beta. I think both are more difficult than Sebi Aktsan as well.

Anyway, use Carbuncle Dainsev with Sebi Aktsan. After a few tries you should be able to defeat this boss.
[/b]
That was my post, I forgot to login.

shkico 23-11-2006 10:39 PM

Hi, could someone help me please?
I'm stuck on the part where I have to collect 5 dainsev, and I have only 4 of them (Caith sith, Ixion, Siren, Catoblepas)
I looked in the walkthrough and it says: "You can obtain the Dainsev Shiva if you pay
the thief near the fountain a steep price. " CORRET AND HARAGAN PORT
- but I can't find any fountain there? :huh:
Thanks in advance :max:

Guest_luke_* 25-11-2006 07:59 PM

i can remember this vaguely. in corret in the south western area near the water there's a person to talk to, and buy the dainsev from. he's not hidden or anything. just look around.

heng 01-01-2007 11:06 PM

ok, awesome remake. :kosta:

several spilleng errors are disturbing, but not THAT annoying, like some of the posters think...
it could've been worse (think "all your base...")

what i found disturbing are the little sidequest that are SO hard to figure out...
isn't there a walkthrough out there, that is unofficial but complete? (i read every word of the official one)

btw, downloaded all review-mentioned files - works fine on first try.

Me 14-01-2007 06:07 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ximei @ Jun 26 2006, 08:18 AM) [snapback]239687[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

I have found two marbles so far. The blue marble is hidden under a rock in front of the girl's house. The red marble is in the Mayor's house. Just enter the house and you'll see some shards in the right corner. Check the shards and you should get the red marble.
[/b]
Hmmm, i cant quite remember but it wasnt really hard.
I just clicked on every chest and bottle in the city and u get all 4 marbles.
There is another marble near the pub i think, i think the white, that u need when u have given the others to the girl, and one is in a wooden chest or barrel as i recall.

Good luck.

Me 14-01-2007 06:20 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Omega @ Jun 26 2006, 08:19 AM) [snapback]239688[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

Can someone explain to me how to get the broken crest. I have the purple chocobo, and I crossed from a place which had a well, but only came across an ancient scroll V, where is the tower of magik.
[/b]
You need to enter ventry heights, then go top and when you cant go top anymore go left and then down.
When you leave now at the bottom and go down the stairs you should get to the left path of ventry heights on the wolrd map.
Follow that one (dont forget to look for treasures on the way, cant recall where i found what, sorry),
and you get to a big river with a chocobo in front of it.
Feed the chocobo one sylkie green and cross the river.
On the other side is a girl that tells you she would take care of your chocobo, so you can leave to the left
without loosing your chocobo.
Now go to the temple where you find a tombstone that you have to press to get the broken crest.
When it flashes, you can press it again, to get to the top of the temple, where behind the door is the queen of magic.

And there start my questions.
I think rababi (hope i spelled it right) said, he beat the queen and the enemies at lost lab too.
I got no idea how to do that, especially in lost lab, i couldnt even kill a single behemoth king,
not to mention these angels whose names i cant recall.
Anybody an idea how to win that fight without training hours to get over 400 hp.

Deren got the most hp of my party with about 300 lisbeth got the lowest with 147.
I spent hours fighting at only a few hp and with nearly no mp to gain better stats.
Is there anychance to speed up that stuff or another trick?

Thought i could use phoenix maybe, but i got about 20 digging points after 5 times dig.
Think it would take a whole weekend to getto 200 although this is a still possible to achieve target.

Guest 14-01-2007 06:40 PM

Sorry, i figured it out.
My english is not so good, so i didnt know most of the status spells functions.
Didnt realize i had raise all the time (and now araise), so i thought, if
one of my party members gets ko, and i got no angel ring, or other auto-life, i would have to start over Sorry, for the disturbance :tomato: .

Me 14-01-2007 07:51 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fawfulhasfury @ Nov 29 2004, 02:51 AM) [snapback]31571[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

finally
a good old fasioned rpg with BOSSES :cheers: :party:
[/b]
Sorry, maybe its not the right topic here, but is there a cheat or patch, that you can use so not all of your cryna orbs fail every time.

Im in lost lab now, and in every fight about 7 of 8 cryna orbs fail.
Thats really annoying.
Would be ok for me to throw away 7 of 8 cryna orbs before each fight or even more, if its for the money,
would also be ok, if one costs 1000 gil instead of 100 but, in every fight i can only use half of my party,
cause all the time i need so many rounds to get that damn widoms :wallbash:

Thanks for help.

Guest 29-01-2007 09:12 PM

The game is all well and good but if you have ever played chrono trigger your standards would be alot higher :max:

Guest 21-06-2007 11:08 AM

Absolutely horrible. Blatant example of a fanboy pumping anything with this game's name in it. Seriously, don't even consider it.

Guest 02-07-2007 10:31 PM

umm what are the controls? using teh arrow keys dont seem to move my charcter at all >>> <.<

Guest 11-07-2007 04:40 PM

well you still didnt awnser how in the hell does it work

_r.u.s.s. 12-07-2007 12:32 PM

X and Y

and arrow keys should work, i have no clue why doesnt your character want to move

Guest 18-08-2007 12:00 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fawfulhasfury @ Dec 5 2004, 10:05 PM) [snapback]34103[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

Does anyone have a strategy for that ghost boss on the path to the road?
[/b]

Yes, go back and fight small monsters, when the stats of your them raise try again, don't be lazy!

Guest from Brazil 07-10-2007 01:43 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(heng @ Jan 2 2007, 01:06 AM) [snapback]272958[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

ok, awesome remake. :kosta:

several spilleng errors are disturbing, but not THAT annoying, like some of the posters think...
it could've been worse (think "all your base...")

what i found disturbing are the little sidequest that are SO hard to figure out...
isn't there a walkthrough out there, that is unofficial but complete? (i read every word of the official one)

btw, downloaded all review-mentioned files - works fine on first try.
[/b]
The spelling and grammar errors are beyond disturbing, they show a lack of attention. If whoever makes the game can't be bothered to use a spell-checker, I can't be bothered to play it. I stopped and deleted the game after 40 minutes of all-out assault on the English language.

guest 09-10-2007 11:45 PM

Okay then... I've got version 2.5 of "Endless Nova"...

I just can't play it simply because the font is crappy.

Any possibility to change font type and/or size...?

Please let me know,

Thank you.

Michal

Guest 10-10-2007 12:56 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest from Brazil @ Oct 7 2007, 02:43 PM) [snapback]315075[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

The spelling and grammar errors are beyond disturbing, they show a lack of attention. If whoever makes the game can't be bothered to use a spell-checker, I can't be bothered to play it. I stopped and deleted the game after 40 minutes of all-out assault on the English language.
[/b]
You should try to get a refund :rolleyes:

guest 10-10-2007 03:39 AM

Hello again everybody, could you please try to help ? :sos:

Please check the pictures and compare fonts...
(1) "bad" font
(2) a good one

I tried with version 2.0 and 2.5 of "Endless Nova" - still the same. Maybe it has something to do with the version of RPGMaker, I have no idea. Maybe there is a patch, some settings or something. Finally, maybe it has something to do with operating system (?!) or something quite different. I dunno. I was looking on google, but sadly without any success. If anyone knows the answer/solution - please let us know (I wrote "us", because I'm not the only one here with this problem; now you can clearly see what the problem was/is - simply because of two links above).

If you have a good (2) font in the game - please upload the whole folder with all files and give us a link. We'll download everything and try it, should help (I hope so...). Also - you can attach the same version of RPGMaker which you use, if you could.

THANK YOU.

Michal

guest 10-10-2007 08:30 PM

OK, I know the answer.

I took few hour... :/

You just have to change something (quess what...) in Screen Properties (click RMB on your Desktop and enter Properties; or otherwise Start, Settings, Control Panel, Display). Good luck.

Michal

Guest 25-10-2007 05:03 PM

this may be a silly question, but...

are you supposed to be able to see the enemies/sprites before you actually get into battle? i don't see the enemies on the normal console screen at all, and suddenly i'll be thrust into battle with something invisible standing in front of me. it's maddening. is this how it's supposed to be?

thx

DeathDude 25-10-2007 07:07 PM

You should only be able to see the enemy sprites in battle, your character sprite only appears during an attack during the battle.

Juanca 26-01-2008 01:18 AM

To play this game nowdays

If anyone wants to play this game nowdays you may need the basic package of RPG maker 2000:

RPG maker 2000 (3.42mb)
RTPe for RPG maker 2000 (11.4mb)
Font patch (110 kb)

You can get all at this site (http://www.crankeye.com/index.php?page=downloads)
which is quite good and has been recommended also in the past in this same thread.

You install first the RPG maker 2000,
secondly the RTPe
and finnally the font patch.
REBOOT YOUR COMPUTER.

Then go for the game,
I highly recomend that you download the latest version of the game from the original site
http://www.velv.net
the latest version is v2.5 (until now) and for this version you don't need anything else different than the "FFEN_V2.5.rar" file. (5.5 mb)

Extract the file of the game on any folder you choose, and run the executable (.exe file).
thats it!! it worked for me.

noxian 25-06-2008 12:12 AM

i like Final Fantasy as much as the next guy (having played them all long before the rereleases and frankly before a lot of them got released in the West)
but you description of Sakaguchi's grand philosophical reasoning for the creation of Final Fantasy is awfully... romanticized

for example, one should point out, more than retiring for any enlightened reason of dissatisfaction with the direction of the industry, Sakaguchi was retiring because in the 3-4 years of existance prior to the release of Final Fantasy, Squaresoft (and Sakaguchi) had only amounted to a relatively mediocre developer and was basically going out of business and Sakaguchi hadn't done anything of note (at that point) to guarantee himself any second chance anywhere else.
your introduction there makes it sound like he was an established big name trailblazer in the industry ditching a big successful developer for his personal sense of greater artistic principle. i hate to break it to his ardent fans out there, but prior to Final Fantasy, he was nothing of the sort. he was a relative no name from a developer that was going bankrupt and pretty much only had the money to fund one more project.

as for deciding to do a swansong that would be a symbol of trying something original and taking "chances with a new type of game", Final Fantasy was anything but a grand new direction...
Final Fantasy was him pulling off one last attempt at success via a game designed to copy what was at the time a still new jrpg genre which had already become a phenomenon in Japan by that point.
there was nothing original or new about it.
he was copying Horii Yuuji's Dragon Quest series (already a HUGE series in Japan by this point) which already had 2 titles out and a 3rd that came out less than 2 months after FF1
sorry, but its Horii Yuuji that is the father of jrpgs and laid down the general principles that would become the jrpg subgenre of rpgs, as evidenced by the fact that he'd already had DQ1 and 2 out before Final Fantasy 1.

i bring this up because your first paragraph is an incredibly skewed interpretation of the events preceding and surrounding Final Fantasy's birth. your introduction's kind of like me coming from a failing developer of little note and saying i'm ONLY leaving the business because i'm dissatisfied with the artistic direction of the industry. lets not mention anything about the fact that i've been a relatively unsuccessful game designer up to this point and my developer group is going bankrupt, because that clearly has nothing to do with it. and then i'm going to show the industry what i mean by something new and original by creating a copy of a series with two top selling entries out already, say...a Diablo clone!

like i said, i'm as long time a fan of the Final Fantasy series as you can get, but i recognize it (and what Sakaguchi did) for what it was. if you know the actual background of Squaresoft and Sakaguchi prior to FF, your opening paragraph there is, as i've already said, frankly quite overly romanticized.

japonono 31-07-2008 08:18 PM

"And so far every single FF game has improved the gaming world in ways no-one could imagine."

"Final Fantasy has always been the first to go in new directions. And that is how it should be."

"Delita Hyral X has looked up at the sky and invented a whole civilisation amongst the stars"

"If this game does not appear on your play-list, there is something really wrong with society."

Just a few quotes from perhaps the cheesiest and most over the top review I've ever glanced at.

Some of the FF games are decent and some are crap. I can think of a few better games in my head right now than the FF games... but that's nothing special.

As far as Endless Nova goes, if you like games like FFVI, then you will probably like this game, though it's not as good as FFVI is anyway.

Oh one other thing:
"The moment Hironubu Sakaguchi feels the games are getting repetitive he is going to quit and become a fisherman."

I can't imagine how much fish he's caught by now.

Sheepish 01-03-2009 03:18 AM

Wow, I was blown away by the review and underwhelmed with the opening of the game. I'm no grammar nazi, but this guy royally messed up his basics. Their and there? At least he was consistent with his mistakes. But in a game mainly based on story, it is extremely annoying to experience consistent failures in communication. It's not a bad game, but its major story device (or should I say divice) is horribly translated. A fix to grammar/spelling would be a huge improvement on an already solid game.

elegra 26-03-2009 06:44 AM

I really enjoyed this game and would definately agree with 5/5. It is really very well done and I think I'll spend a few more days exploring the whole thing.

CrybKeeper 28-03-2009 09:32 AM

Have it, Need to play it

I liked what I saw when I first opened up this game, but treally couldn't play it at the time, because my monitor lost color. Degausing didn't help.

Anyways, Now got me a 19' flat screen. How am I ever going to manage all of these games? Master Of Magic, FF-EndlessNova, Settlers 2,... I am starting to confuse all the game commands! lol.

I still love FF8, although it seems to be less popular, than the other installments. The card game inside the game, would keep me playing for hours.

asdfgertj 28-03-2009 03:58 PM

This is an indie game, shouldn't it be moved to Reloaded?

No-Comment 28-03-2009 05:20 PM

Heh...

While I have played and thoroughly enjoyed many Final Fantasy titles (as well as plenty of other console and PC RPGs), I'd have to agree with the previous posters that this review is way off, and you have a rosy view of the history of Final Fantasy. This title is nothing more than your standard RPG Maker 2000 fan-game with some slight RTP edits - they didn't even go to the trouble of creating a custom battle system as others have (that's a REAL challenge), that and the fact that the so blatantly utilized Final Fantasy music throughout the entire game reinforces the idea that they were trying to ride the "Final Fantasy" name to popularity. I have played around with RPG Maker 2000 before, and it's certainly a neat program, but I disliked the front-view battle system and lack of enemy animations - sure you can make your own custom engine with plenty of scripting, but it seems they should have included the option to choose another system - even 2003's side view battle system is limited in regards to enemy animation. I have no doubt this game does provide some entertainment value - perhaps a 3/5, but a highly derivative, poorly-edited work does not deserve a 5.

Simoneer 28-03-2009 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asdfgertj (Post 357993)

Shouldn't belong on any ''serious'' site, as it is made with freakin' RPGMaker...

But that is just my opinion.

Luchsen 28-03-2009 05:49 PM

It is on Reloaded.

The Fifth Horseman 29-03-2009 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asdfgertj (Post 357993)

The only reason it's here is because it was here before Reloaded came into being.

legolas558 14-04-2009 11:19 AM

This is crap

This is crap, I cannot find the runtime package anywhere..why don't you fix the game archive by putting the runtime package in it? Tsk.

Paco 14-04-2009 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by legolas558 (Post 359804)
This is crap, I cannot find the runtime package anywhere..why don't you fix the game archive by putting the runtime package in it? Tsk.

There is a Link in Review from which you can downloads to get the Game to run.

Luchsen 14-04-2009 11:44 AM

Don't worry, we have plans to include MS-DOS 6.0 and 6.22, an Intel 80486DX4 PC and electricity in all our archives. If you don't have much time to play games, we even will provide a gaming-experienced user to replace you.

The Fifth Horseman 14-04-2009 01:18 PM

That may in future be expanded by inclusion of a 3200 baud modem and an analog phone line.

areyounuts 17-05-2009 11:21 PM

This is not a Final Fantasy game, and the fact that the author calls it one is simple copyright infringement. It has nothing to do with Final Fantasy, it's not a Final Fantasy game, it bears no strong resemblance to a Final Fantasy game, it is not a Final Fantasy game.

I think the fact that it's a) on this site at all, and b) has an editor review of 5/5 when in fact it's complete badly-made crap, both say something very depressing about this website. Apparently if I took a crap in a paper bag, set it on fire, and called it Final Fantasy: Burning Poo, I could get it hosted here and get a high review. Maybe I'll go do that now.

areyounuts 17-05-2009 11:24 PM

Also, by all means, someone please attempt to explain to me how this game qualifies as either abandonware, or a classic DOS game. Or maybe I'm taking all the stuff about "why this website exists" too literally. Or maybe, on the other hand, someone is dropping the ball hardcore.

TheChosen 17-05-2009 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by areyounuts (Post 365148)
Also, by all means, someone please attempt to explain to me how this game qualifies as either abandonware, or a classic DOS game. Or maybe I'm taking all the stuff about "why this website exists" too literally. Or maybe, on the other hand, someone is dropping the ball hardcore.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Fifth Horseman (Post 358081)
The only reason it's here is because it was here before Reloaded came into being.

And If you dont know, Reloaded is the sister-site which hosts freeware games.

As for the review, thats a personal opinion.

The Fifth Horseman 18-05-2009 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by areyounuts (Post 365147)
This is not a Final Fantasy game, and the fact that the author calls it one is simple copyright infringement. It has nothing to do with Final Fantasy, it's not a Final Fantasy game, it bears no strong resemblance to a Final Fantasy game, it is not a Final Fantasy game.

As much as I agree with your point, the reviewer seems to have a slightly different opinion on the matter. :p

Quote:

I think the fact that it's a) on this site at all, and b) has an editor review of 5/5 when in fact it's complete badly-made crap, both say something very depressing about this website.
Such as the fact I gave Absolute Pinball 2/5? Every reviewer has their own view on things. The review does not say much about the actual game itself, so it might be due for a re-review by someone else - preferably a person with a neutral attitude towards it.

Quote:

Apparently if I took a crap in a paper bag, set it on fire, and called it Final Fantasy: Burning Poo, I could get it hosted here and get a high review. Maybe I'll go do that now.
You couldn't get it hosted here since 2005 or so.
And getting a high review anywhere does entirely depend on who is writing that review in the first place, you know.
One person might call a game the biggest pile of turd ever produced, another would call the very same game the best thing since sliced bread... and, as always, the truth would be somewhere in between.

Unregistered12 01-06-2009 10:06 PM

Hello. A problem occured randomly during the game. I'm on my way to beating the temple on the planet Frena, but when I press enter to enter the temple the screen goes black and after a second a small window pops up telling me it couldn't find/open a file called Future3.

Help would be hugely appreciated.

Unregistered12 03-06-2009 09:37 PM

Can anyone help me?

Juanca 04-06-2009 02:19 AM

the only thing i can recommend you is to save your "saved game files" download the latest version of the game and paste it over the game files that you have already on your computer.
you can download the latest version of the game from the original site
http://www.velv.net/FFEN.html

then you paste your saved game files and try it again.

Paco 04-06-2009 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juanca (Post 368313)
the only thing i can recommend you is to save your "saved game files" download the latest version of the game and paste it over the game files that you have already on your computer.
you can download the latest version of the game from the original site
http://www.velv.net/FFEN.html

then you paste your saved game files and try it again.

Well, AB has the latest Version 2.5 too. So its the same. Error was probably a bad Download.

Juanca 04-06-2009 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paco (Post 368348)
Well, AB has the latest Version 2.5 too. So its the same. Error was probably a bad Download.

Thanks for making it clear, i was not completely sure that's why I put the other address...

Unregistered12 04-06-2009 11:12 PM

I did what you suggested and it didn't work. I can't find the file future3 anywhere when I look through the folder.

/shrugs

Sucks for me :P

Frodo 05-06-2009 12:10 AM

Hmm, acording to Review on Reloaded, you need RPG Maker 2000 to play the game, as well as an extra called EN_RTP executable. Do you have that extra? Maybe it would help? :)

Unregistered12 05-06-2009 03:46 AM

I tried what was written on the review and it didn't work. Oh well.

I appreciate the help guys.

Chaos548 17-07-2010 09:52 AM

Bug in the laboratory

Hi I'm playing version 2.5 of the game on windows 7 x64 and everything was working fine until the laboratory. After the endboss fight (watchman alpha?), when I take the elevator at the top left I always get an automatic "game over". Has anyone else encountered this bug and is there a way around it? Thanks for any help.

Pixel Mort 29-09-2010 10:21 PM

"I don't want to think about how long it has taken him to make every building, bit of scenery and character (i.e. EVERYTHING) in pixels!"

You do realize he ripped graphics from commercial games, right ?

THE FMS IS COMING 27-05-2011 06:43 AM

hep a derpa

well i was wondering wether you could run this in das box........
but it says
" this program must be run under win 32"
what the **** thes this mean as i realy want to run it in dos
i am runing win xp but i love to run all these games in dosbox

:jason:

zirkoni 27-05-2011 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THE FMS IS COMING (Post 427733)
well i was wondering wether you could run this in das box........
but it says
" this program must be run under win 32"
what the **** thes this mean as i realy want to run it in dos
i am runing win xp but i love to run all these games in dosbox

:jason:

Not a DOS game.
Quote:

Originally Posted by AR Review
IMPORTANT:
The game will require RPG Maker 2000 in order to play. Also, you need to download the EN_RTP executable found in the Extras in the right menu on this site. Once you have all three items (RPG Maker 2000, the game, and the executable) follow this exact procedure:
1. Install RPG Maker 2000 on your machine, and let it update your settings.
2. Unzip the game to a folder of your choosing.
3. Unzip the EN_RTP executable to a second folder, then copy it into the game folder.
4. Run the executable inside the folder.

bouble 13-07-2011 09:52 AM

Played it through

I've beaten Sebi Aktsan, The Queen of Magick and all the Monsters in the lost lab except for Watcher Omege, this foe is quite tough ;)

vocalist3 24-04-2017 08:19 PM

File Earth

I'm getting the message: cannot open file Earth. - How can I get this file please?

The current time is 06:48 AM (GMT)