Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Music, Art, Movies (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=142)
-   -   Here's something morbid... (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=18081)

ysorian 19-10-2008 01:57 AM

Here's something morbid...

Have you already picked your funeral song?

As i mentioned in another thread mine is...

The Cure - Treasure

just change "I Loved Only You" to "I Loved All Of You"

Anyone else planned this far ahead? :amused:

Eagle of Fire 19-10-2008 02:01 AM

No...

...'Cause when I'll be dead, I won't care anymore. I'll be dead. Because when you are dead, you are really rarely caring. You are pretty much very very dead.

Mighty Midget 19-10-2008 02:28 AM

I second that only, funeral songs can have an impact. In my mate's funeral, the piano player played one song I'd never expect hearing in a church: A song written by one of our greatest street poets ever. That was intense. But as for me: I don't give a sh%#t. Let them play ABBA for all I care. I won't be there to listen.

Lulu_Jane 19-10-2008 04:08 AM

I'm going to have to go with this.

dosraider 19-10-2008 06:14 AM

Something as this will do, if I still will care, is another matter.

Spoonman 19-10-2008 08:57 AM

Well, it used to be Nine Inch Nails - Hurt. But since I'm feeling better nowadays a lot of songs could apply.

Some of Aphex Twins ambient works would do fine for example. First Parallel Stripes, in which people may contemplate or something, and when the coffin lowers Shiny Metal Rods, or Depeche Mode - Home. Hmm, I need to write that down one day.

Sure, I myself may be dead, but I know what impact funerals and their songs (moods) can have on a person. When my mother passed they played Brian Eno's Prophecy Theme Made quite an impression on people, including myself ofcourse. It turned the whole ceremonial drag into something special.

_r.u.s.s. 19-10-2008 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spoonman (Post 340449)

that would be really really really odd

lulu- your funeral music would be awesome!

Japo 19-10-2008 12:43 PM

Funerals are ceremonies for the people who stay alive, I'm sure they'll choose what pleases them best, so there's no need for me to make any arrangements. If I really wanted to send some kind of message it would make more sense for me to do it while I'm alive.

The Fifth Horseman 19-10-2008 01:39 PM

"Making of a Cyborg" by Kenji Kawaii.
There's just something appropriate about it.

arete 19-10-2008 02:16 PM

To be honest, I wouldn't want a funeral. Quite frankly, I find the idea repugnant. I'd far rather have a sort of going-away party, with champagne and cake - lots and lots of cake - and mountains of flowers. (White roses for preference.) The twist would be that everyone would get to take a rose or two home with them: It's not like there are no flowers in heaven, so I wouldn't be needing them. And there'd be music for everyone to dance to, because that's what I'd be doing in heaven, and why should they be any different? :)

The current time is 06:40 PM (GMT)