Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Blah, blah, blah... (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   What's Your Music? (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=1625)

Tom Henrik 21-12-2004 11:22 PM

Sorry to tell you this, evilded...

You spelt the name wrong. It is Bone-Thugs-'n'-Harmony.
And they are wellknown and commercial ;)

Their biggest hit ever was "Crossroad". That song got played non-stop on radioes all over the world, and it also got a lot of TV time on MTV :whistle:

evilded 21-12-2004 11:25 PM

AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

I can't beleive i spelt it like that. HAHAHAHAHA LOL LOL LOL

Edited it. Oh my god that was funny...

My favorite album by 'them' is Lazie Bone's Thug mentality 1999. Great album!
I prefer lesser known underground music, but i listen to loads of differant music, not just unknown rap.

Ioncannon 21-12-2004 11:26 PM

I like System of the Down, Billy Talent, AFI, and a few others.

FreeFreddy 22-12-2004 01:30 PM

I started to listen to Trance lately, as I was with my girlfriend in a disco last weekend and there I heard some pretty nice pieces.
Of composers / DJ's I can recommend: CJ Stone, Delerium, Dumonde, Hiver & Hammer...

cheesegrater 22-12-2004 03:41 PM

Industrial :D

Velvet Acid Christ and Skinny Puppy are my favorites.

garbage 22-12-2004 04:04 PM

nice to know that at the drive in is still heard
btw i almost listen to the same things as holyman does =D
+ some electrical stuff like dnb

ppl who listen to mars volta should check out the label of marsvolta
www.goldstandardlabs.com

N17R0 22-12-2004 05:45 PM

Delerium, Velvet Acid Christ, Skinny Puppy, System of a Down, AFI, got all those. I'm a hardcore music enthusiast, I have about everything. I'm currently ripping my vynils to mp3 as I post. Right now I'm ripping Kansas - Vynil Confessions. I also have pretty much every Beatles album on record (White album, Sgt Pepper original and movie soundtrack). I also have some cd rarities, various Kid 606 albums, japanese imports, etc. I also have a music library on my pc which currently consists of 12600 songs. So yea, I really do listen to about everything.

FreeFreddy 22-12-2004 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by N17R0@Dec 22 2004, 07:45 PM
I also have a music library on my pc which currently consists of 12600 songs.
And you know each of the 12600 songs for itself? :whistle:

Strobe 22-12-2004 09:49 PM

my taste of music is kinda split into two categories:

metal, which includes bands like:

-anathema,
-my dying bride,
-tiamat,
-cemetary,
-the 3rd and the mortal

and electronica styles, such as:

-psytrance (shiva chandra, ticon, infusion, praecox...)
-drum'n'bass (virus rec., teebee, metalheadz, omnitrio,...)
-deep tech (kruger & koyle, cass & slide, peter gun...)
-breakbeats (plump djs, adam freeland, hybrid, evil nine,...)
-trance (sasha, tiesto, nalin & kane, legend b,...)

feminista 23-12-2004 04:38 AM

Yeek, I know a message board or three that would NOT approve of the content of this topic. That said, I'm a punk fan myself, but I'd better qualify that, given some people's impression of punk around here. I like first wave punk (X-Ray Spex, Stiff Little Fingers, the Avengers), the tiniest bit of 80s hardcore (Bad Brains, Black Flag, and Reagan Youth), some Oi! (Sham 69, Cockney Rejects), and one genre that is my own private obsession: Riot Grrl. If you don't know what it is, well, first off, it has NOTHING at all to do with Good Charlotte. It's early to mid-nineties feminist punk, and it's pretty intense stuff. The bands most often associated with the label are Bikini Kill and Bratmobile, but I like a lot more than that, including Dominatrix, Sleater-Kinney, Excuse 17, Babes in Toyland, Team Dresch, 7 Year Bitch, Lunachicks, I could go on forever. The Gits get a special note, because they're not riot grrl, but they ARE awesome girl-fronted punk. Sadly, they're only famous because their singer, Mia Zapata, was murdered. And they're still not THAT well known.

I'm pretty obsessive about my music, which means a large part of this topic disgusts me. Luckily, there are other places I can go where people share my obsessions.

The current time is 12:54 AM (GMT)