Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Blah, blah, blah... (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Whats in a Name? (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=16563)

Doink 28-01-2008 06:06 AM

Whats in a Name?

Most people registered on this site use some type of nickname or something other than there real name. People could use this thread to expain there site name and why they chose it.

Doink. The name comes form a profesional wrestler "Doink the Clown" (see my avata) not really a wrestling fan but people started calling me that in school cause I had a habit of messing around and "trying" to be funny all the time.

Mighty Midget 28-01-2008 06:39 AM

Mighty Midget, pretty much a random choise. I just like alliterations, the meaninglessness of the name and the contrast. Beside, it gave me a load of opportunities for horrendous puns ;)

Japo 28-01-2008 09:35 AM

Ja is the first syllabe of my real name, Po of my first (father's) surname, Fran of my second (mother's) surname. :oh: :p

Mr Miau 28-01-2008 09:56 AM

Just one day back in school when we were on a trip to France some of my classmates said that I would move gently and sneaky like a cat, thus calling me Mr Miau (German for meow).

Luchsen 28-01-2008 02:55 PM

Luchsen is an obsolete German adjective meaning: like a lynx (and it's an obsolete verb meaning: to act like a lynx, and it's the German dative plural of lynx). The lynx is my favourite animal, I'm like a lynx/I act like a lynx, I love grammar and playing with words, and I think I like suffixes/word endings with vowel + n. Luchsen is also well to abbreviate for arcades: LXN.

Borodin 28-01-2008 03:03 PM

Borodin's a 19th century Russian composer/scientist/freethinker I admire, especially for his compositions, but also for his pioneering efforts at women's education.

JJXB 28-01-2008 05:16 PM

JJXB is a random thing i came up with years*ago*and*it's*stayed .wysiwyg { background-attachment: scroll; background-repeat: repeat; background-position: 0% 0%; background-color: #f5f5ff; background-image: none; color: #000000; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Arial; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: 400; font-size: 10pt; line-height: normal } p { margin: 0px; }

Doubler 28-01-2008 07:27 PM

Both my first and last name begin with 'R'.

Blood-Pigggy 28-01-2008 07:32 PM

I forgot. :(

Scatty 28-01-2008 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JJXB (Post 317603)
JJXB is a random thing i came up with years*ago*and*it's*stayed .wysiwyg { background-attachment: scroll; background-repeat: repeat; background-position: 0% 0%; background-color: #f5f5ff; background-image: none; color: #000000; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Arial; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: 400; font-size: 10pt; line-height: normal } p { margin: 0px; }

What's wrong with your text? Someone is trying to shut you up? :weird: :laugh:

Anyway my nick comes from one of the NPC characters in a German RPG Gothic (should be internationally well-known anyway), the choice was more random than anything though, it just had to be from Gothic and was the first to come into my mind (Fletcher or Franco would have been better choices, but came too late).

The current time is 10:58 PM (GMT)