Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Offers (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   Shadow_Stalker - The Rarity Forge (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=19550)

Shadow_Stalker 17-04-2009 05:12 PM

Shadow_Stalker - The Rarity Forge

Hello,i have found one of the most rare abandonware games of all times...after years of research i managed to find a person who bought the game back in 1990's and obtain a copy.I am speaking of the third chapter of the last half of darkness saga.Since i'd like to keep this game alive,i'd like to share it.
The game is fully compatible with dosbox and runs fine.
It weights around 1 megabyte.

Saccade 17-04-2009 05:35 PM

Cooool.

http://www.lasthalfofdarkness.com/start.htm

I've only played the remake.

TotalAnarchy 18-04-2009 07:13 AM

This forgotten and abandoned game is [APPROVED]

I'll send you a Private Message with information on how to upload it, only if you activate the option to receive PMs, that is.

Shadow_Stalker 19-04-2009 10:46 AM

I have activated the private messages. Sorry for the trouble ;)

TotalAnarchy 19-04-2009 11:10 AM

PM sent. :PM: Thank you for your contributions :)

Do you also want to write the review for the game?

Shadow_Stalker 19-04-2009 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TotalAnarchy (Post 360506)
PM sent. :PM: Thank you for your contributions :)

Do you also want to write the review for the game?

Yes i'm writing it right now.I will upload it with the game :)

TotalAnarchy 19-04-2009 02:08 PM

Don't forget to take 6-8 screenshots while you're at it. :)

Edit: I see you already uploaded the screenshots. Well 4 are good enough too, so no worries.

Shadow_Stalker 19-04-2009 02:31 PM

I have uploaded the game following the instructions in the PM.I have included some screenshots (taken with dosbox in png format) and a review.

Saccade 19-04-2009 02:55 PM

cool. :)

When can we play it?

TotalAnarchy 19-04-2009 03:05 PM

Everything seems ok. :) Of course the game won't be uploaded right away, but will be added to the waiting list. Hopefully after maximum 2-3 weeks. Sorry, such is the policy. :(

Shadow_Stalker 19-04-2009 04:40 PM

For me,there aren't any problems.The important is preserving the game from the total oblivion in wich the game was sucked into. :)

Shadow_Stalker 19-04-2009 09:06 PM

Dark Convergence I and II

I noticed that those two adventure games are missing from abandonia and since i noticed the author's website has been taken down ( http://members.aol.com/ariesmidloth/games.htm ) i am willing to upload the games to preserve them.
The author of both games is Jeff Kintz.The games are some kind of horror themed adventure games which use an hugo-like engine.Both of the titles are pretty nasty and gory.They seem to have been written in turbo pascal,but i'm not sure about that,i should check. EDIT: I checked and the .bas files present in both games means that they are written in QBasic.
The first chapter's storyline sees the player and some friends having a car-wreck and needing help.The player is sent to search some help,and he casually discovers a terrible menace,coming from another world and another dimensions.
Chapter two starts some time after the terrible events in chapter one: the player is scarred in his mind and is reduced to a bum,wandering on the streets.But a new and unspeakable horror maybe await,lurking in the shadow...maybe under the disguise of a psychiatrist of a mental institute,who is searching the player.
I played half of the first chapter and got stuck immediatly in the second.The games runs fine with dosbox,and i even found a walkthrough for the first chapter,if it's all right i will upload it with the games.

Frodo 19-04-2009 09:41 PM

They sound like amazing games. :rocks:
Couldn't find anything about them online though. :max:

Shadow_Stalker 19-04-2009 09:54 PM

They are really,really rare and obscure.I discovered them some time ago by pure chance.

TotalAnarchy 20-04-2009 07:13 AM

You should've written in the same thread (Each contributor has one thread where he posts all his offers). A mod will come and merge the two threads.

About Dark Convergence. I found only a solution file for the first title, so at least we know they exist. The games are [APPROVED] only if you can tell me they were sold in the past. Were these games sold in retail? (I still don't understand how they vanished from the internet so easily) I'm asking you because we don't host freeware or fan-made games (This is reserved to Abandonia Reloaded).

It seems you got a lot of rare games :D When you posted about Last Half of Darkness III, I was afraid you wouldn't come back. I was even preparing to write an email in case you didn't respond in 3-4 days. LOL Rare games have a higher priority on AB, so your contributions are very welcome. :)

TotalAnarchy 20-04-2009 07:37 AM

Actually I found some information, finally. They're both [APPROVED]. You can upload them the same way as before.

TotalAnarchy 20-04-2009 09:09 AM

You forgot to put a score in the review (from 1 to 5). I'll insert it myself, just say the number.

Shadow_Stalker 20-04-2009 09:33 AM

i'd say a 3.

Shadow_Stalker 20-04-2009 09:39 AM

Sorry for opening a new topic.I will use this topic for future offers.Could you please rename it to something more generic? :)
I'll upload the games on friday,now i'm at the university and won't come back home 'till the weekend.
I have some other rare games i am willing to share,though: like the ISO for Last Half of Darkness 4 (you can play a web-based version on it on the last half of darkness official web page.I don't think the full game is sold anymore),pc version for metal gear and contra and other games.I'll do a search in my backups for new rarities when i find some time. :)

Shadow_Stalker 23-04-2009 11:55 AM

I noticed the "normal" version of the last half of darkness I isn't featured on the site..mind if i upload it with the other stuff tomorrow? :)

TotalAnarchy 23-04-2009 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow_Stalker (Post 361126)
I noticed the "normal" version of the last half of darkness I isn't featured on the site..mind if i upload it with the other stuff tomorrow? :)

Yes, you can upload the non-vga version.

Also before uploading the games to the FTP, I'd like to ask you to post their titles, so I (or someone else) could verify them. For example we already have a copy (maybe even two) of Metal Gear, it's just waiting a reviewer.

Shadow_Stalker 23-04-2009 04:28 PM

Of course.I'll ask permission for upload ANYTHING.
Tomorrow when i'll be home i'll upload the approved games and post a list of offers.

Shadow_Stalker 24-04-2009 03:36 PM

Upload done!
I uploaded:

-Last Half of Darkness I (normal version) + screenshots + solution
-The Dark Convergence I + screenshots + solution
-The Dark Convergence II + screenshots

TotalAnarchy 25-04-2009 06:12 AM

Thank you for your contributions. :) Now, we just need some reviewers (which are very hard to find).

Frodo 25-04-2009 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TotalAnarchy (Post 361518)
Thank you for your contributions. :) Now, we just need some reviewers (which are very hard to find).

I might be interested in reviewing The Dark Convergence 1 &2, but I'm busy with Shannara right now. Maybe afterwards... :)

Shadow_Stalker 26-04-2009 10:47 AM

Well i could help reviewing.I'm willing to review the games i uploaded plus metal gear and discworld 2 for now. :)

TotalAnarchy 26-04-2009 11:25 AM

Ok, you can take the reviews except for Discworld II, which is still sold. :)

(Sorry Frodo, guess you'll have to play them without reviewing)

Frodo 26-04-2009 03:59 PM

Fair enough. They're Shadow's games after all, so he should get first priority in reviewing them. :)

Shadow_Stalker 26-04-2009 04:47 PM

If you'd like to review them,do it.Absolutely no problems. :)

Shadow_Stalker 17-05-2009 08:04 PM

As requested,I uploaded Dylan Dog: attraverso lo specchio (through the looking glass in english). :)

TotalAnarchy 18-05-2009 12:14 PM

There's no reason to hurry. :)

Shadow_Stalker 19-05-2009 03:12 PM

If you are interested,i managed to find and contact Jeff Kintz (the author of Dark Convergence I and II).He sent me all of his games (except one,borderworld,which i'm still searching).If you guys are interested,i could upload them here.

TotalAnarchy 19-05-2009 03:17 PM

Of course (if they were not released as freeware the first time) you can post their names here and then we'll say if they're approved or not. :)

Shadow_Stalker 20-05-2009 12:34 PM

Great news! Kintz found borderworld too and sent it to me,plus an unreleased game.The full list is:

Dismal Passages
Shape Shifter
Dark Convergence I
Dark Convergence II
Dismal Passages (remake)
Borderworld
The Darkest Night
Savage Future
Vor Terra
Elkinloor
Days of the Rabbit
Blood Feast of Vampyr
Zombie Exterminator
Gateway of Evil
Project Indra
the cursed land (unreleased)
robot anarchy

TotalAnarchy 20-05-2009 12:59 PM

:omg: I have never seen so many obscure titles in one place. Anyways, they're all [APPROVED]

I have done some searches, probably pointless, since google gives max three results per title, and those are either some lists or some random mentions of the game. Plus you probably asked permission from the author.

Shadow_Stalker 20-05-2009 03:41 PM

Of course i asked permission.These titles however where already free on the author's page (linked in the dark convergence post.The link now is dead,but you can see it with archive.org). :)

Shadow_Stalker 21-05-2009 01:48 PM

I noticed that space quest 4 is on abandonia.It's one of my favourite games of all times and one of the very first adventure games i played and loved.If you guys are interested,i own the CD version,which features full speech and is slightly different from the disk version you have here.If that's okay,i'd like to rip it and share it with the site :)

Paco 21-05-2009 01:58 PM

No, We cant, because its still sold. But when the Day come when Space Quest 4 will be downloadable again, then we will be glad to take your Stuff for it. ^_^

Shadow_Stalker 24-05-2009 08:56 AM

I uploaded borderworld,later i'll submit some screenshots for it.
Also i managed to complete the dark convergence II so i'm going to write a walkthrough for the game.

EDIT: I noticed from the blood's thread that the copy of the game hosted on the site doesn't have cryptic passage and the plasma pack.Is it ok to upload them?

Paco 24-05-2009 12:46 PM

sure you can upload it.

Shadow_Stalker 26-05-2009 09:29 AM

For Blood,i have a self extracting exe which contains Blood,Cryptic Passage and the Plasma Pak.Is it ok to upload this on the FTP instead of uploading the addons separately? It weights more or less 23 MB.

Shadow_Stalker 27-05-2009 08:28 AM

I uploaded the review for dylan dog.

TotalAnarchy 27-05-2009 08:29 AM

We would prefer separately. But I first want to ask the other updaters about our policy for expansions.

TotalAnarchy 27-05-2009 01:59 PM

You can upload the self-extracting archive. :) We'll replace the current one for Blood.

Shadow_Stalker 27-05-2009 05:23 PM

Ok,i uploaded

-Blood 1.21 + addons self extracting exe + blood 1.21 tools (zipped)
-Dismal Passages (original) (jeff kintz's game)
-Dismal Passages (remake) (jeff kintz's game)
-The Darkest Night (jeff kintz's game)

Shadow_Stalker 28-05-2009 09:45 AM

I noticed that there is a mistake here on abandonia.The game listed as last half of darkness VGA is the original last half of darkness and NOT the VGA remake.I uploaded the VGA remake in the "Last Half of Darkness VGA" folder.
Also i have a new game offer: the nine lives of secret agent kat. It's an adventure game made by softlab laboratories with a updated version of the engine of the first last half of darkness. http://www.mobygames.com/game/nine-l...cret-agent-kat

TotalAnarchy 28-05-2009 10:06 AM

Thanks for letting us know. Can you also tell if the screens are from the VGA or the original version?

Secret Agent Kat is [APPROVED]

Paco 28-05-2009 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TotalAnarchy (Post 367059)
Thanks for letting us know. Can you also tell if the screens are from the VGA or the original version?

http://www.mobygames.com/game/last-half-of-darkness

check for DOS Screenshots. That also means we have to switch out the Screenshots for the Original Game on AB as its dont show everything of Game.

Luckly Shadow_Stalker also submitted Screenshots, Walkthrough for it, but we have to resize it.

Shadow_Stalker 28-05-2009 07:03 PM

The DOS screenshots on the mobygames page and the ones uploaded on the abandonia's page are taken from the original version of the game.
The VGA remake is also shorter and easier than the original.

TotalAnarchy 29-05-2009 09:01 AM

If nothing goes wrong, the Blood archive will be replaced today. :)

Shadow_Stalker 07-06-2009 08:56 PM

I wrote the solution for dark convergence II, i will upload it tomorrow with some games already approved ;)

Shadow_Stalker 08-06-2009 01:02 PM

Ok, i uploaded a lot of stuff today. Here is the list:

Dark Convergence II solution (written by me, even if i signed it with my other nickname Snake Plissken)
The Nine Lives of Secret Agent Katt
Shape Shifter
Savage Future
Star Commander

Shadow_Stalker 24-06-2009 09:02 AM

Hi guys.Sorry for the absence but i have been busy with the university. Today or tomorrow i will upload more stuff.See you!

EDIT I noticed the site is missing the windows version of both Deja Vu games.I can upload them if it's ok to do so.

TotalAnarchy 02-07-2009 05:53 PM

Sorry for replying so late. I never noticed you edited your post. I think you mean this game:
http://www.mobygames.com/game/win3x/...of-ace-harding

It's ok to upload, though I'm not sure how will we put it on site.

Shadow_Stalker 11-07-2009 11:15 AM

It's all right i'll upload them along with some other stuff as soon as i can. I have been busy and one of my pcs needs a format ;)

Shadow_Stalker 23-10-2009 09:29 PM

Hi, i have returned! :)
I have noticed that apart from LHOD 3, Blood and the Dylan Dog game none of the games i have submitted like the two Dark Convergence games have been uploaded :( Is there any hope to see them uploaded in the future?

Also, i have new games to offer. I have found a lot of italian-only games in which you may be interested. Some of these games (the simulmondo ones) were sold in newsstands and were a pretty original experiment to merge videogames and comics. These games are:
Dylan Dog serie (17 games)
Diabolik serie ( 12 games)
Spider man serie (3 games)

Plus i have found Tangentopoli (translated it would be something like "bribesville") a nice game based on an italian political scandal happened in the first '90s.

TotalAnarchy 24-10-2009 10:39 AM

Yeah, they will surely be added sometime in the future. For now we have the review for LHOD VGA ready, and the Nine Lives of Secret Agent Katt is in process, but the reviewer, esgmaster, is stuck in the game. Do you know if the game is finishable?

Also I'm not sure about the italian games. Since we only upload english games or games that can be understood without knowledge of the original language, these would not be accepted. Need some admin's advice on this.

Dave 24-10-2009 12:18 PM

I have to say that it would be a shame to not accept them, we saw many popular games in Italy from Simulmondo.

I played Time Runners and Dylan Dog for example :)

We give priority to English titles, BUT I think we could create special pages dedicated to non-english games in the future.

Since this is not the first request we have received I'll propose the thing to other admins.

Paco 24-10-2009 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 386297)
I have to say that it would be a shame to not accept them, we saw many popular games in Italy from Simulmondo.

I played Time Runners and Dylan Dog for example :)

We give priority to English titles, BUT I think we could create special pages dedicated to non-english games in the future.

Since this is not the first request we have received I'll propose the thing to other admins.

I want a German Pages :D *throw italian away*

Dave 26-10-2009 01:09 PM

The decision has been taken:
http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/sho...ewpost&t=22136

Non-English titles can be approved if not considered as oldwarez :)

Rwolf 08-05-2015 02:11 PM

J. Kintz's games?

Does anyone know the status of the games by Jeff Kintz, that Shadow_Stalker uploaded?
I've found a few on other sites, but nothing here, and it's been a few years since this thread was active last.

GreenBanana 08-03-2022 12:40 AM

I was unable to start a new thread. I'm not certain why. But since my question is related, I thought I'd ask it here.

Does anyone have solutions to Jeff Kintz's games? Especially for Savage Future and Shape Shifter. I was never able to find the electrostatic charger nor the trilium in Savage Future, and I can't find a third key to enter the tower in Shape Shifter. And if there are any solutions to the other obstacles in The Darkest Night, I haven't yet found them.

The current time is 09:54 PM (GMT)