Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Gaming Zone (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Project Reality - A Battlefield2 Mod (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=16011)

Frankie 30-10-2007 08:41 AM

This thread addresses anybody who like realistic FPS games, especially those who liked Battlefield2. So if you have some affinity for the military but doesn't want to enroll, try out this!

Apart from the classic BF2 factions, it incorporates the British army, insurgents of Iraq and Afghanistan, and Chechen militia -- not to mention the Russian forces and the US Army (don't confuse it with USMC ;)), which are under development. Rationalized kit-system, tons of new hardware and greatly improved teamwork! The gameplay has been modified from the original, no more arcadey stuff, or you end up in a virtual bag pretty soon. This also helps new players to get used to the game.

The PR mod won the Silver Spanner Award last year, and it's developing continously with ever-growing community. If you're interested, visit the official site here!

gufu1992 30-10-2007 08:27 PM

No random shooting fun = american army rip-off

Frankie 31-10-2007 11:33 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(gufu1992 @ Oct 30 2007, 10:27 PM) [snapback]317779[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

[/b]
0_o Whatever...

Dave 01-11-2007 04:18 PM

Two days ago I was looking for a good Mod and I have to say that the Reality one seems really nice, btw in the meantime I've found another interesting one for BF2142 about Star Wars... :drool:

a1s 02-11-2007 08:10 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(gufu1992 @ Oct 30 2007, 11:27 PM) [snapback]317779[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

[/b]
Haven't seen this mod in action, so I might be way off here, but wouldn't that make it more of a OpFP/ArmA rip-off?

Frankie 02-11-2007 02:06 PM

Shortly for the rip-off answer: no.

A bit longer (instead of "hell no"): the mod was out way before the first scenes from ArmA, not to mention the dev's dignity. Since it still uses the BF2 engine, it makes it impossible to create such an authentic simulation like ArmA. Still, the community has a lot of players with active or past military experience and they're all for the game.

Personally, I never found a game that can attarct my attention for such a long time. The reason might be the fact that the mod is developing continously, and every new version is better then the previous.

Some teasing.

a1s 02-11-2007 05:55 PM

actually Flashpoint came out a year before battlefield 1942 not to mention battlefield 2. and if you havent yet, you should try it (or not- it's 6 years old), it's great fun specificaly because of the realism, I think I wasted over 200 hours with that game.

Burger Meister 13-05-2008 10:35 PM

Good ole' Operation Flashpoint, that game was my bitch for a couple of summers. Thinking of it, I think I'll play it this weekend.

The current time is 11:10 PM (GMT)