Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   On site (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Dragon Lord (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=17649)

Borodin 04-08-2008 01:42 AM

Dragon Lord

Great game, from Cinemaware. The AI was less than ideal, but it was highly original in its main gameplay element, alchemy: 2 dozen different ingredients (if I recall correctly), 4 types of preparation, hot or cold. Many effects and multiple effects at the same time, that you as a dragonlord could have on a dragon, a dragon egg, your money supply, or a town you rule. Also had an action element, in the form of flying a dragon to terrorize villages. :D

Luchsen 04-08-2008 08:17 PM

Dragon Lord (aka Dragon's Breath) | 1989 | Palace Software, Spotlight Software | [APPROVED]

Eagle of Fire 04-08-2008 11:00 PM

Strange, I thought we had that game on the site already? :huh:

Borodin 05-08-2008 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eagle of Fire (Post 332515)
Strange, I thought we had that game on the site already? :huh:

I don't see it under RPG, Strategy, or Simulations.

Borodin 08-08-2008 03:06 AM

I'd hoped somebody else would have this. But, you know, I can always search in our basement, and with luck and time, may find my old copy. If so, I'll be happy to upload the files, though I haven't got a scanner to do the documentation.

I'll check around and see what I can see.

Geezer 17-08-2008 02:00 AM

Borodin, if you don't find your's I have this one somewhere also.

kurt 01-10-2008 05:13 PM

Dragon Lord

Hi

when I was a kid (must be late 80's) I once played a game where you had to hatch dragoneggs and raise the babydragons. After they matured you could raid your opponents with them. I have no idea what the title was.

any help would be appreciated

The Fifth Horseman 01-10-2008 07:51 PM

Dragonriders of Pern, perhaps?

dosraider 01-10-2008 08:45 PM

That or Dragon Lord.
http://www.mobygames.com/game/dos/dragon-lord

Or another one ...

kurt 02-10-2008 05:56 AM

checked it and it was dragon lord, thanks

_r.u.s.s. 02-10-2008 10:09 AM

we should really move these kind of topics into requests and approve/deny it right after it gets identified.
jeez we even have separate forum with unidentified games in it

Dave 02-10-2008 12:29 PM

Indeed, I usually wait some weeks, FoN has more visibility and we can help them better.
This is solved and moved :OK:

Edit: it seems there isn't a Dos version around.

Paco 17-01-2009 01:11 PM

Dragon Lord

[APPROVED]

antlks 16-08-2009 03:37 PM

Yes .. but i used to play this game under the title Dragon's Breath :)
Let me search on my storages too ..

Palocles 26-02-2011 08:16 PM

Dragon's Breath/Dragon Lord

This is/was a fantastic old amiga game featuring three different lords (even the 'good guy' fed his dragons children though) who raised dragons from eggs, cast alchemist magic on the dragons and towns around them and used the grown dragons to control the surrounding countryside while searching for 3 parts of a magic thing.

It seems to be available as a DL for amiga emulators at the moment and i found a PC DL somewhere once but it had a corrupt file which meant the first trader (and maybe all the rest) didn't work properly. So i'd love to see a fully functional PC version here on Abandonia! I'll even review it for free! Hehhe.

The game is split into a few different types of activity which you can do most of each turn. There are screens where you can view your currently hatched dragons and incubating eggs. From there and any town viewing screen you can move to the alchemy set and mix spells to use on them.

Spells are one of the most important parts of the game and you buy new componenets from travelling merchants (which is why the corrupt file was terminal). There are dozens of things which can be cut, chopped, mixed, heated and distilled before being combined into spells but there is also the risk of making too powerful a spell and having it explode before you can cast it!

Spells can make dragons stronger, faster or smarter, towns grow faster or lose population and even gold appear in your coffers (IIRC).

I could go on and on...

Anyone able to make me a very happy man(child)?

Cluseck 26-02-2011 08:22 PM

Approved here.

Palocles 26-02-2011 09:54 PM

Ok, approved already. Good.

I did some googling after i posted and i have found a copy of the game (.zip), manual and spell book (pdfs).

Does anyone want these?

That 'corrupt file' i mentioned seems to be copy protection and doesn't match the manual so the game needs a crack. Can anyone do that? I know i can't.

Let me know, please.

Palocles 10-07-2011 11:47 PM

Bump.

Have we got this game here yet?

I've still got the files, i think, and the version i have works expect for the trader screen when playing as the green beast. Not sure if it's just that one trader for all players or all traders for the green beast...

Paco 11-07-2011 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Palocles (Post 430461)
Bump.

Have we got this game here yet?

I've still got the files, i think, and the version i have works expect for the trader screen when playing as the green beast. Not sure if it's just that one trader for all players or all traders for the green beast...

We need thre thingies to put it on site: Game, Screenshots and Review and it neeed to be put on FTP, then its only a matter of time until you see it on site.

Palocles 12-07-2011 02:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paco (Post 430475)
We need thre thingies to put it on site: Game, Screenshots and Review and it neeed to be put on FTP, then its only a matter of time until you see it on site.

Ok then.

The game needs a joystick for the dragonn flying part. Once i have one i'll play a bit, write a review (+screens) and put it in Offers section.

Would be great to have a few other Abandonians helping with spell recipes!

ironnails 29-03-2013 03:53 PM

Dragon Lord

Does anyone know about the game called Dragon lord or dragon breath? It was for the PC and AMIGA computer gaming systems. When i try and play the PC version i keep crashing when i do the arcade aspect of it. basically the game is where you use alchemy to hatch a dragon egg, use alchemy to make the dragon stronger, a village stronger or weaker (depending on if you want to help or hinder). I used to love this game and since i cant use a 5 1/4 floppy drive i could never get to play this game again.

i did finally find this game on Myabandonware.com but if you do any type of "Training" on a dragon mission, your game shuts down with a fatal error 11.

Was hoping someone here could look into this and see if its a copyright or if i'm doing DOSbox wrong.

The reason i'm asking this is cause you all got my MechWarrior to work when it kept crashing on that first real mission :D.

Smiling Spectre 29-03-2013 04:44 PM

Checked: Myabandonware have broken version. (My own works right). But you are not in correct thread, so I suppose, someone with more moderatorial experience will remove your post in more appropriate place.

ironnails 29-03-2013 04:45 PM

dragon lord/dragon breath

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smiling Spectre (Post 451149)
Checked: Myabandonware have broken version. (My own works right). But you are not in correct thread, so I suppose, someone with more moderatorial experience will remove your post in more appropriate place.

Where did you get your version from then? I would LOVE to play this game without that glitch :)

The Fifth Horseman 29-03-2013 09:42 PM

The request for this game has been approved for a while... how about reviewing it for AB? :)

ironnails 29-03-2013 10:34 PM

Who would review for AB? Smiling Spectre? I'd really love to get this game to run properly :).

ironnails 29-03-2013 10:40 PM

Here is the webpage for the dragon lord/dragon breath spells. It's just a few, but it is the more powerful ones :).

http://www.rogerdavies.com/2009/04/d...lace-software/

you NEED to do all the - parts in there otherwise the webpage will not load properly. any help to allow me to play the dragon myself over the computer is much appreciated :).

The Fifth Horseman 30-03-2013 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ironnails (Post 451166)
Who would review for AB? Smiling Spectre?

I was asking you, actually. :)

ironnails 30-03-2013 12:29 AM

i'd LOVE to review for you all here :). problem is i DONT have the game dragon lord/dragons breath available that works :(. i can get the OTHER stuff, manual, pictures for you but not the actual game *sigh*. i keep on hitting the same glitch "Fatal Error #11". i believe this is a code stating the version is pirated and keeps shutting down. but it ONLY happens when you do the arcade aspect of the game. everything else DOES run fine.

tho i want the game running smoothly fully

Smiling Spectre 30-03-2013 02:27 PM

I have differently cracked game, and it worked for me. Tested against myabandonware version, and it seems that last one simply missed 3 files. I can upload it to Abandonia, if it is needed. No, I cannot write review - I don't know the game, and it looks like something that need efforts to get into, so... no. You are welcome, ironnails, to have my version, if you'll pm me where to upload it. :)

Palocles 22-06-2013 06:17 AM

Hey, did you two, Smiling Spectre and IronNails ever swap the files and get the working game? I love this game too but also don't have a 100% copy. (see earlier in this thread, they're merged)

I'd be very happy to do the review though. Could probably even do it form memory from the last time I played, but that was through an Amiga emulator. Can get screen shots of the PC version though.

(You don't need to do the arcade training mission town attacks if you use magic to make the dragon Wise enough (then fix it's eyesight...)).

Palocles 11-07-2018 09:39 PM

Finally!

I have now written a review for this game, after forgetting about it for some time and being too busy. I will submit required files this evening.

(I recently reinstalled DOSBox and copied over my retro game folder to a newer PC and was reminded of this. Checked the site and forum and see that nothing has happened in five years (!) and decided now was the time to do it.

After double checking my version was complete.

So after spending some time waiting on the side of the road for a new battery for my van, the review is now written and we can spread the greatness that is Dragon’s Breath to the world.

Joy. )

Capo 07-09-2019 04:44 PM

Dragons Breath

Got the game, the manual, the review and the screenshots. The game seems to not been sold anywhere. Can I proceed

Cluseck 13-09-2019 10:02 PM

Could you provide some more info about the game, like the developer, release date, etc.? I can only find this board game.

Capo 14-09-2019 12:48 PM

https://www.mobygames.com/game/dos/dragon-lord

MuzzyF8 15-09-2019 11:15 AM

Released as Dragon Breath in Europe.

Capo 15-09-2019 03:06 PM

Cannot wait you forever and I may not have time next week. Also I failed to find any sold copy of this game.
Game is on

Japo 16-09-2019 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capo (Post 484163)
Cannot wait you forever and I may not have time next week. Also I failed to find any sold copy of this game.
Game is on

Any request mod or updater may do and confirm the check :OK: as long as the check is thorough. Good to see that people are around to help. :)

Smiling Spectre 16-09-2019 11:00 AM

Aha, so you found file upload after all. :) Care to share this knowledge with me? :)

Capo 16-09-2019 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smiling Spectre (Post 484165)
Aha, so you found file upload after all. :) Care to share this knowledge with me? :)

www/html/games there you put the file with the same name of the game in abandonia, thats it, he will find it

here is the tutorial:
http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/sho...62&postcount=4

Smiling Spectre 17-09-2019 07:15 AM

Huh. I suspected it. Thank you.

The current time is 03:38 PM (GMT)