Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Old Suggestions (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=144)
-   -   Game Trading (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=5089)

Reup 19-05-2005 08:49 PM

I was thinking. Since we're dedicated to abandonware and classic gaming, would it be a good idea to have a sub-forum where people could offer games they have for trade or sale? I could use e-bay of course, but it would be nice if I could make another abandonian happy with games I no longer need.
For instance, I have Dark Earth and Civilaization II (in decent condition, with box and manuals), both of which I might be willing to trade for a copy of Gothic.
I could open a thread in 3*blah, but it'll get lost between all the other blah there...

So, is this usefull, or am I the only one interested :w00t:

Doubler 19-05-2005 09:04 PM

You're not the only one interested Reup. I'm all for your idea :ok:

(Especially if someone would be so kind as to offer Daggerfall for trade :whistle: . Sorry, just had to mention it...)

efthimios 19-05-2005 09:15 PM

I have the Gothic CDs (not the box, but I might still have the manual somewhere) and I would be willing to trade since I just don't like the game at all. I have something like 50 versions of Civ II though. Do you have anything else? (if you want just the CDs that is, and perhaps the manual)

xoopx 19-05-2005 09:15 PM

its a good idea, but i dont know how likely it is for people to match up what they want to swap, and for what!

Sinisa 19-05-2005 09:58 PM

i must say i like gothic and gothic 2 very much
it is mabye one of best rpgs i ever played
but you need to give it a little time to get used to game :)

Titan 21-05-2005 02:18 AM

A Sell/Buy/Trade-section has crossed my mind before.
A few MAJOR problem comes to my mind thou;

What if someone gets ripped off?
They will blame Abandonia.
What if someone recives a "burnt" copy?
They will blame Abandonia.

If we are to have this, we need a ToS that all the users of this section needs to agree with + that we need to hold an age-limit on it, since for example here in Sweden, noone under 16 can buy or sell anything if you are to look at it by the book.

I WILL however have a serious discussion with the rest of the crew about this.

We will also look into how to handle payments and such, since it's bound to be international deals flying all over the place.
Person - direct banktransfere -> Person, is usualy REALY expencive when going abroad.

MdaG 21-05-2005 07:20 AM

I've got the original Daggerfall with manual and box etc.
I don't like the game so I wouldn't mind traing it for something I want, but I'm not going to take the risk of getting ripped off. If it's someone in Sweden it would be less complicated though.

Doubler 21-05-2005 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by MdaG@May 21 2005, 07:20 AM
I don't like the game so I wouldn't mind traing it for something I want, but I'm not going to take the risk of getting ripped off. If it's someone in Sweden it would be less complicated though.

I don't live in Sweden, but if we can work something out, I'll be prepared to send first, and recieve later (As I'm a very trusting person :D ).

MdaG 21-05-2005 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Doubler+May 21 2005, 12:28 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Doubler @ May 21 2005, 12:28 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-MdaG@May 21 2005, 07:20 AM

I don't live in Sweden, but if we can work something out, I'll be prepared to send first, and recieve later (As I'm a very trusting person :D ).[/b][/quote]
I've got the game in my old room at my parents place and they live 600km from here :ph34r:

But, sure if you're willing to send first I'm game. I don't know when I'll visit my parents next time though. As it seems I might stay here during summer and work. :tomato:

Doubler 21-05-2005 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by MdaG+May 21 2005, 05:09 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MdaG @ May 21 2005, 05:09 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Quote:

Originally posted by Doubler@May 21 2005, 12:28 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-MdaG
Quote:

@May 21 2005, 07:20 AM

I don't live in Sweden, but if we can work something out, I'll be prepared to send first, and recieve later (As I'm a very trusting person :D ).

I've got the game in my old room at my parents place and they live 600km from here :ph34r:

But, sure if you're willing to send first I'm game. I don't know when I'll visit my parents next time though. As it seems I might stay here during summer and work. :tomato:[/b][/quote]
Of course we'd first have to work something out.
What would you be interested in?

The current time is 04:51 AM (GMT)