Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Abandonia Case Files (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=146)
-   -   [cacaro] Heavy Combat (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=26979)

samtam99 17-04-2011 01:24 PM

[cacaro] Heavy Combat

I may be hallucinating, since I can't find it anywhere, but I seem to remember I played a game (at least 14-15 years ago): you were in control of a soldier inside a trench (I think it was during WWII), you had a set weapons like machinegun, grenades, bazooka, you could even call for an air strike, and you had to kill the soldier in the other trench in front of yours. I remember that both you and your enemy immediately respawned when killed.

Can't remember anything more - If someone knows the game I'm referring to, I'd be delighted.

supertrini 18-04-2011 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samtam99 (Post 426243)
I may be hallucinating, since I can't find it anywhere, but I seem to remember I played a game (at least 14-15 years ago): you were in control of a soldier inside a trench (I think it was during WWII), you had a set weapons like machinegun, grenades, bazooka, you could even call for an air strike, and you had to kill the soldier in the other trench in front of yours. I remember that both you and your enemy immediately respawned when killed.

Can't remember anything more - If someone knows the game I'm referring to, I'd be delighted.

Not sure but it sounds badass..Did you try home of the underdogs to search??

samtam99 18-04-2011 08:44 PM

Well, I haven't browsed through *every* action game on the site, but I don't think it's there. I also searched in other sites such as dosmuseum.com which has a huge database of shareware titles, but still no luck.

marko river 19-04-2011 07:50 AM

Well, we don't have much shareware games. You can try our sister site Reloaded or some other site that is more into shareware than abandonware. HOTU should also host lot of shareware games AFAIK...

Frodo 19-04-2011 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko river (Post 426295)
Well, we don't have much shareware games. You can try our sister site Reloaded or some other site that is more into shareware than abandonware. HOTU should also host lot of shareware games AFAIK...

We don't have shareware at Reloaded, Marko. We have FREEWARE. Reloaded was created for freeware games, and AB is supposed to be about abandonware. ;)

marko river 19-04-2011 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frodo (Post 426302)
We don't have shareware at Reloaded, Marko. We have FREEWARE. Reloaded was created for freeware games, and AB is supposed to be about abandonware. ;)

I thought you host free parts of shareware games (I'm not sure how to call them, like those free episodes in shareware games, you get the picture...)

Frodo 19-04-2011 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko river (Post 426305)
I thought you host free parts of shareware games (I'm not sure how to call them, like those free episodes in shareware games, you get the picture...)

We have freeware - fanmade freeware, original games created by gamelovers, and freeware that used to be commercial.

Smiling Spectre 20-04-2011 10:05 AM

Give slightly more details, samtam99. Current description can relate to anything, from Worms to Quake. :) It is shooter, strategy or RPG? Is it flat, or 3D, or isometric? Could you run around level or sitting in one place? What background exist?

samtam99 20-04-2011 01:36 PM

I don't remember either Quake or Worms being set in a WWII trench :P

Anyway, no you couldn't wander around the level - there weren't even proper *levels*, you were pretty much stuck inside the trench, being able to move either left or right to avoid enemy attacks. Perspective was neither isometric nor flat - I can provide an example from this NES game which used a similar one: basically, you could see your character from behind.

marko river 22-04-2011 05:36 PM

So, is it something similar to Guy Spy?

The current time is 12:37 PM (GMT)