Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Games Discussion (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Amazing Spider-man (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=5654)

Sebatianos 18-06-2005 08:49 AM

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review & Download

MadMarius 18-06-2005 09:16 AM

cutr game but it reealy get's funny when you start to die,stripping your clothes and meat remaining naked to the bone.very good graphics for '89(good year),and those robots in the first level look like r2-d2 an 3cpo :ok: .nice game.

Thomy 18-06-2005 10:33 AM

As far as I remember the saving "bug" is the main problem... It's annoying to start every time from the begining.
BTW: has anyone been able to finish it?

Spoonman 18-06-2005 11:15 AM

Is there even a real finish to this game? I remember coming to a point where I just plopped back at the beginning. Bit of a turndown that.

Nosferrath 18-06-2005 07:07 PM

Awful game ! Simply awful !! :not_ok:

Guest 18-06-2005 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Spoonman@Jun 18 2005, 11:15 AM
Is there even a real finish to this game? I remember coming to a point where I just plopped back at the beginning. Bit of a turndown that.
There's actual a very very sneaky backdoor "cheat" to this game to beat it in less than 15 minutes (if everything goes well). Here's what you have to do - but it's REALLY complicated to describe, and pretty complicated to actually pull off.

1. At the very beginning, instead of going right into the room, climb up over the pit and continue on the ceiling to the next room.

2. Here you'll be able to climb up onto a helipad (directly above the second room). Getting the helicopter to work right is tricky. Basically, climb onto it, and jump around to activate it. Stay on it until it reaches the top of it's flight (it appears to go just up and down). But before it actually lands, you'll have to jump off and sort of swing around to the edge of the screen. This is hard to describe.

3. If everything goes right, then you'll actually land the helicopter directly above the LAST ROOM OF THE GAME. The helipad room itself looks the same, and it appears as if the helicopter just went up and then straight down, but if you climb down into the room below, you'll see that it's the final boss room, where Mysterio is holding Mary Jane captive.

4. This is the next really crazy, tricky part. At first it looks like you can't do anything because the room below is blocked off (there's no way to actually get at Mysterio). I think the designers left this in just as a sneak peak of the final boss. BUT, you can actually exploit a bug that will let you slide through the wall on the left and get into the room. It's really weird, but here it is:

a. Climb back onto the helicopter and launch it.

b. Before it gets too high, swing a web to the left side of the screen, jump off, and tumble/somersault/fall your way to the left edge of the screen.

c. If you land in just the right (wrong?) way, you'll actually get stuck inside the wall in the next room, and after some more tumbling, you'll be able to slide down and into the room.

After this, I can't remember exactly the best way to beat up Mysterio, but watch out for the electric/lava pit/something on the ground - it'll kill Spider-Man. ALSO, be careful about the switch somewhere on the ceiling - it will start moving the walls and will kill Mary Jane.

Disclaimer: this was all done from memory, so I'm not sure if I missed some of the exact details. Good luck getting it to work! I'll try it again when I get the time and try to post screenshots.

Guest_Hades 19-06-2005 02:17 AM

Oh man, I played this in the "big black diskettes"'s time!

plague 20-06-2005 08:05 AM

I remember this game... After playing this I started to realize what kind of trash license games are. But, I'll try this just to make sure that I remember right.

The Fifth Horseman 20-06-2005 10:23 AM

I can't get past the sewers...

vipin 20-06-2005 10:27 AM

I had played this game earlier before being offered on Abandonia. I don't know how to kill the first guy. So sadly, I can't comment whether this game is boring or addictive.

The Fifth Horseman 20-06-2005 11:42 AM

Thing is... you cannot. In this game, you can't fight enemies at all, actually. All you can do is shooting web to immobilize them.

mescaLEO 20-06-2005 02:10 PM

I remember playing this game for many years.
Then it became boring, cause i never won althought spent lot of time on it, and starting all over again every time was really stupid.
I don't think i'll download it, but nice game anyhow.

BurningPanther 23-06-2005 02:20 PM

I remember playing this game years ago. I played it quite a lot actually. But I was never able to quite finsh it, even though I probably got pretty far. I always ended up in some sort of Spaceship room. and never got past that really :angry: .
A nice addition to the site for people really into puzzle games. Although I don't think I'll download it, I've played it enough.

Lucas 23-06-2005 06:31 PM

i dont know how to instal this game ... Can anybody help me ... Please :help:

Allen 24-06-2005 06:47 AM

You can get a cool graphics editor from Brian Provinciano's website (creator of SCI Studio)

http://www.bripro.com/spidey/index.php

The Fifth Horseman 24-06-2005 10:59 AM

Quote:

i dont know how to instal this game ... Can anybody help me ... Please
1. Unpack
2. Run

That's all.

vipin 24-06-2005 02:36 PM

I think he don't knows how to zip that's why he asked!

The Fifth Horseman 24-06-2005 02:54 PM

If so, then it's his own problem.

When you are using internet, it is assumed you have some basic computers knowledge and a sufficient supply of common sense.

vipin 24-06-2005 06:17 PM

yeah. Moreover every website offers game in zip format, so he must have that much knowledge about zip or should ask for it.

Joker 02-07-2005 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Guest@Jun 18 2005, 07:49 PM
a.* Climb back onto the helicopter and launch it.

b.* Before it gets too high, swing a web to the left side of the screen, jump off, and tumble/somersault/fall your way to the left edge of the screen.

c.* If you land in just the right (wrong?) way, you'll actually get stuck inside the wall in the next room, and after some more tumbling, you'll be able to slide down and into the room.

After this, I can't remember exactly the best way to beat up Mysterio, but watch out for the electric/lava pit/something on the ground - it'll kill Spider-Man.* ALSO, be careful about the switch somewhere on the ceiling - it will start moving the walls and will kill Mary Jane.

I can confirm this, since I've encountered this bug as well (although I kept shooting webs during part b. to enhance my jumping distance). It's funny; I never expected anyone to find this particular bug since it's (as stated above) VERY tricky to get it to work. It just happened to me coincidentally.

I believe killing Mysterio isn't so difficult either; just 'freeze' him with one of your webs when he's on the 'Deadly Ground-Stuff'.

Very nice game for its time :ok:, but the saving-bug takes away a great deal of the fun :not_ok:.

Bhai 09-07-2005 09:03 PM

To save in this game, make sure you climb on the clapper and push the top part down. Took me a while to figure that out. :ok:

Wicked 10-07-2005 03:45 PM

I've played the games many years ago. A few months ago I tried it again and came as far as take 6. I couldn't get any further in some computer room with 4 computers that can be switched on and off.
Bad thing about the game is you can't continue when you restart the game.
I've tried to look for a walkthrough or some sort, but can't find it anywhere. Shows that the game isn't that interresting for most people. I still want to finish it once though. I don't know why.

The Fifth Horseman 11-07-2005 09:41 AM

Q: How did you get past the sewers? I couldn't get through there ever.

Guest 11-07-2005 01:22 PM

How far did you get in the sewers. Did you finish the underground route to open the wall near the hatch to enter the lower sewers? Or did you get stuck in the lower sewers with water, gates and hatches?
You have to puzzle a bit with jumping, climbing and shooting web to get past these puzzles. And make sure you don't hit the water.

The Fifth Horseman 11-07-2005 03:40 PM

Well, the stuck place is the third sewer screen, counting the downward "stairs" just after getting down out of the lift as the first.

moogle 11-07-2005 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by vipin@Jun 24 2005, 06:17 PM
yeah. Moreover every website offers game in zip format, so he must have that much knowledge about zip or should ask for it.
1.Right Click on folder
2.Open Folder
3.go to File
4.Unzip contents
:blink:
Wasn't this an old NES game of some sort? I remmeber seeing adds for it...

vipin 11-07-2005 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by moogle+Jul 12 2005, 04:59 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (moogle @ Jul 12 2005, 04:59 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-vipin@Jun 24 2005, 06:17 PM
1.Right Click on folder
2.Open Folder
3.go to File
4.Unzip contents
:blink:
Wasn't this an old NES game of some sort? I remmeber seeing adds for it... [/b][/quote]
Why u quoted me :blink: ? I have never seen this game in NES format! :crazy:

Guest 13-07-2005 04:18 AM

I can confirm the "Beat the Game Quickly" bug. Apparently, I'm not the only one who's found it (heck, I'm not the only one who's played this).
To add on to what Joker said, you kill Mysterio by immobilizing him while you're up on his level, crawl right below him, removing the floor he's on and dropping him into the electricity stuff.
BTW, that was all from memory, so it may not be exactly right.

Also, DO NOT touch Mary Jane. If you do, some crazy stuff happens, and I believe that you are killed much faster than normal. Crazy redhead.

-Janus

Bhai 13-07-2005 07:08 AM

Hey there is also a shortcut to the sewers the first time you get in the elevator...I was swinging around and I just fell thru!

Wicked 13-07-2005 04:11 PM

To get past the third screen you need to get in the squared part and hit some buttons (red dots), then you climb out of the square (and I think that is the hardest part here) and find another button outside it. After pressing that button the a gate in the lower right will open and a raft wil float to the left. You have to drop on it and float to the next screen with the two rats. Tip when you swing with your web you can't get grip on the green colored stones (they R slippery).

I hope it solves a part of the sewer mystery.

jose 20-07-2005 05:43 PM

haha the old spidey game i first played this game back in the ninty's when i was a bit younger than i am now (im only 20 haha)

i payed it at my uncle who by the way learned me anything about Dos norton Q&A ext

but he gave it to me on a floppy i was verry happy with it cause i loved the web slinging hero

then i lost the game until now imagine searching for a game gfor more then 10 years cause my uncle did not had it anymore

but now finaly on this site i found it again

well about the game for that time being you better believe the grapichs are good

and the gameplay is fun to if you like puzzeling

and offcourse if you are a fan of the wallcrawler then its the best spidey game ever it think

haha
greetingz jose

lethe 20-07-2005 06:22 PM

Anyone else thinks this game doesn't have a place in Abandonia? :eeeeeh:

I found this game even worse than the Colgate publicity game, made soon after this one.

Spoonman 20-07-2005 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by lethe@Jul 20 2005, 06:22 PM
Anyone else thinks this game doesn't have a place in Abandonia? :eeeeeh:

I found this game even worse than the Colgate publicity game, made soon after this one.

I'm sure plenty of people have some nostalgic memories of this game (well, I have anyway, and that's enough for me :P), I think it's perfectly placed here.

Shadow_Stalker 24-07-2005 11:11 AM

Hi guys,this was one of my favorites when i was a little boy...
I am stuck in take 4,after the enigma with the mine with carrels,where you have to control some platforms in order to pass...Can someone help?

Amayirot Akago 24-07-2005 12:30 PM

I really liked this game back in the day. Still do as a matter of fact. Cute graphics, interesting gameplay, and just a sense of oddity I really love about some games.

Shadow_Stalker 24-07-2005 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Guest+Jun 18 2005, 07:49 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Guest @ Jun 18 2005, 07:49 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Spoonman@Jun 18 2005, 11:15 AM
There's actual a very very sneaky backdoor "cheat" to this game to beat it in less than 15 minutes (if everything goes well). Here's what you have to do - but it's REALLY complicated to describe, and pretty complicated to actually pull off.

1. At the very beginning, instead of going right into the room, climb up over the pit and continue on the ceiling to the next room.

2. Here you'll be able to climb up onto a helipad (directly above the second room). Getting the helicopter to work right is tricky. Basically, climb onto it, and jump around to activate it. Stay on it until it reaches the top of it's flight (it appears to go just up and down). But before it actually lands, you'll have to jump off and sort of swing around to the edge of the screen. This is hard to describe.

3. If everything goes right, then you'll actually land the helicopter directly above the LAST ROOM OF THE GAME. The helipad room itself looks the same, and it appears as if the helicopter just went up and then straight down, but if you climb down into the room below, you'll see that it's the final boss room, where Mysterio is holding Mary Jane captive.

4. This is the next really crazy, tricky part. At first it looks like you can't do anything because the room below is blocked off (there's no way to actually get at Mysterio). I think the designers left this in just as a sneak peak of the final boss. BUT, you can actually exploit a bug that will let you slide through the wall on the left and get into the room. It's really weird, but here it is:

b. Before it gets too high, swing a web to the left side of the screen, jump off, and tumble/somersault/fall your way to the left edge of the screen.

c. If you land in just the right (wrong?) way, you'll actually get stuck inside the wall in the next room, and after some more tumbling, you'll be able to slide down and into the room.

After this, I can't remember exactly the best way to beat up Mysterio, but watch out for the electric/lava pit/something on the ground - it'll kill Spider-Man. ALSO, be careful about the switch somewhere on the ceiling - it will start moving the walls and will kill Mary Jane.

Disclaimer: this was all done from memory, so I'm not sure if I missed some of the exact details. Good luck getting it to work! I'll try it again when I get the time and try to post screenshots. [/b][/quote]
Man your trick worked!! I already knew how to reach Mysterio from the foyer room (I discovered the way by chance one day...) but I never realized how to enter the room and beat the game.
Killing Mysterio was very easy (it is sufficient to activate the button near him and block him on the electric pit),but once the game is over it left a strange feeling inside me,after all those years spent on it trying to beat it...
I'd still like to end it in an "honest" way,but i am blocked in that damned part with the moving floors after take 4,if anyone knows how to get over that please tell me!
Thanks!

Ilitirit 03-08-2005 06:15 PM

hehe i discovered the quick-finish bug the first or second time i played this game, and that was more than 10 years ago.

ps. to cheat type in "SPIDEYS GONNA CHEAT" or something like that. then you can get full health by pressing enter. i can't remember the exact code or where to type it in (maybe the high score table?), but if you open the program file with a hex-editor u can find the code.

Guest 10-09-2005 04:58 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Shadow_Stalker+Jul 24 2005, 02:40 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Shadow_Stalker @ Jul 24 2005, 02:40 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Quote:

Originally posted by Guest@Jun 18 2005, 07:49 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Spoonman
Quote:

@Jun 18 2005, 11:15 AM

Disclaimer: this was all done from memory, so I'm not sure if I missed some of the exact details. Good luck getting it to work! I'll try it again when I get the time and try to post screenshots.

Man your trick worked!! I already knew how to reach Mysterio from the foyer room (I discovered the way by chance one day...) but I never realized how to enter the room and beat the game.
[/b][/quote]
How do you get to him from the foyer?

BurningPanther 19-10-2005 06:41 PM

I decided to try and finish this game in the regular way once again (since I haven't yet, and it seems virtually nobody has) but after downloading it, I get a strage "unknown compression method" when I try to unzip the archive. I get this error in "winzip" as well as in "winrar". does anyone else get this error, or does anyone have a solution for it?
thanks in advance

Marco 19-10-2005 11:00 PM

To be true, killing Mysterio in the "regular" way is not so easy at all!

For the one who is stuck near take 6, you're almost arrived!

The Fifth Horseman 20-10-2005 01:03 PM

Quote:

I decided to try and finish this game in the regular way once again (since I haven't yet, and it seems virtually nobody has) but after downloading it, I get a strage "unknown compression method" when I try to unzip the archive. I get this error in "winzip" as well as in "winrar". does anyone else get this error, or does anyone have a solution for it?
thanks in advance

Sounds like an old Horseman archive... wait, I am Horseman...
Apologies, then. Open the file using WinZip/WinRar interfact rather then using the context menu shortcuts.

BurningPanther 20-10-2005 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by the_fifth_horseman@Oct 20 2005, 01:03 PM
Quote:

thanks in advance

Sounds like an old Horseman archive... wait, I am Horseman...
Apologies, then. Open the file using WinZip/WinRar interfact rather then using the context menu shortcuts.

Thanks, that did the trick,
now I'm off to fight mysterio once again :ok:

wade 486DX266 LAPTOP 14-11-2005 06:03 AM

i got this game on a regular 3.5 disk for a buck at an illegal shop in my town the guy was offering hundreds of em for a buck, A buck, A BUCK!!!!!!!!
FOR A GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheers: :evil:

Xyzzy 06-12-2005 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by BurningPanther@Oct 19 2005, 06:41 PM
thanks in advance

I got this bug while unzipping! I can't unzip : unknown format. Any other game here unzips perfectly, though! Could someone help?

The Fifth Horseman 06-12-2005 02:28 PM

Three. Goddamn. Posts. Above. Yours.

Destroier 06-04-2006 02:57 PM

There's a walkthrough in game faqs, but neither the guy that made it could get past the ''press the heads of the man sitting in the tables in the correct combination and unlock the ceiling of the level ''cheers'''' puzzle of the take 4. Can someone say me what combination to use? The mans are so far from ''cheers'' that is hard to figure out... :crazy: :crazy:

Very very good game, by the way :ok:

Just Me 06-04-2006 07:33 PM

Oh man! I may still have my box, 3.5 floppy, and character page to answer the authentication questions at the start of the game. I'll have to check my closet of old stuff.

I got this back in '89 or '90 and played it nearly continuously until I won.

A pox on you people for reminding me of this game. Now I'll have to search my house for it!

opaulo 19-07-2006 10:38 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Destroier @ Apr 6 2006, 02:57 PM) [snapback]220035[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

There's a walkthrough in game faqs, but neither the guy that made it could get past the ''press the heads of the man sitting in the tables in the correct combination and unlock the ceiling of the level ''cheers'''' puzzle of the take 4. Can someone say me what combination to use? The mans are so far from ''cheers'' that is hard to figure out... :crazy: :crazy:

Very very good game, by the way :ok:
[/b]

did you ever figure this one out?
I'm stuck there too

Guest 20-07-2006 12:45 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Marco @ Oct 19 2005, 11:00 PM) [snapback]170155[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

[/b]
can you tell me which guys hat to hit in behind bars and how to do it?
please.

Guest 20-07-2006 03:53 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Jul 20 2006, 12:45 AM) [snapback]244066[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Marco @ Oct 19 2005, 11:00 PM) [snapback]170155[/snapback]
Quote:

[/b]
can you tell me which guys hat to hit in behind bars and how to do it?
please.
[/b][/quote]

I figured it out. For those who are still stuck.......
hit all the guys hats in take 4 except for the bottom two on the right in behind bars
getting to the bottom two on the left is hard but not impossible
jump off of the plank as you shoot a web up and left at the top blue switch
it might help to slow the game down just a bit

now can anyone help me with puzzle room??!?!?!??

Undrline 25-07-2006 09:12 PM

I'm trying to build a map. I've got Take 2. Take 3, but then I got to "Roaring Flames", did everything to uncover and push the button in the block, and nothing happened. :wallbash:

I'm planning to place these maps in Wikimedia Commons, and post to the game's Wikipedia page.

So, if you could stay tuned an help me beat the game honestly . . . thanks.

guesst 25-07-2006 10:59 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Undrline @ Jul 25 2006, 09:12 PM) [snapback]245087[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

I'm trying to build a map. I've got Take 2. Take 3, but then I got to "Roaring Flames", did everything to uncover and push the button in the block, and nothing happened. :wallbash:

I'm planning to place these maps in Wikimedia Commons, and post to the game's Wikipedia page.

So, if you could stay tuned an help me beat the game honestly . . . thanks.
[/b]
Awesome. I may have to load this one up.

BTW, the link to the act one has two "http://"s in it.

Virus610 27-07-2006 06:37 AM

I'd been looking for a copy of this game for years. I remember playing it ages ago when I was too young to beat the game without cheating. (I found out that exploit mentioned earlier by accident.)

I was randomly browsing today and somehow came across some screenshots of the game, and I decided I'd get the game again, but alas, every single download link I find is broken. Even the one here at Abandonia. Can anyone help me out? :< I want to legitimately beat this game once and for all.

Virus610 27-07-2006 06:48 AM

Okay, it decided to work after waiting a few minutes and trying again.

Sorry to bother everyone. I must go play spidey now.

Palatinus 29-07-2006 02:34 AM

This game is very addicting if you like spider-man and puzzles. Which I do. I am stuck in Take 4 though. It took me about 10 years to get to take 4. Now I cannot figure out what the cart room (Mine!) is all about or what to do with the drunks. I have seen only three, but from what others have posted, it implies there are more than three. I'm confused. Any help?

undrline 01-08-2006 12:37 AM

Okay, I'm up to "Behind Bars" of the most recent posts. So, I have to tip all hats and switches except for the two on the bottom right? I can get through the beam on the bottom left, but can't figure out - either the combo in "Yours!" to go up through the bottom or what is necessary to slide the top red beam to the right. Help me out.

Maps thus far:
Take 2
Take 3
Take 4 (up to "Behind Bars")

undrline 01-08-2006 01:00 AM

<div class=\'quotetop\'>QUOTE(Palatinus @ Jul 28 2006, 07:34 PM) [snapback]245714[/snapback]</div><div class=\'quotemain\'>
This game is very addicting if you like spider-man and puzzles. Which I do. I am stuck in Take 4 though. It took me about 10 years to get to take 4. Now I cannot figure out what the cart room (Mine!) is all about or what to do with the drunks. I have seen only three, but from what others have posted, it implies there are more than three. I'm confused. Any help?
[/b][/quote]

Your goal in the switchroom of "Mine!" is to move the carts out of the way so you can navigate through. Then, to leave the switch room, and go through the mining tunnel, you have to get on the right black post, jump straight up, and start shooting webs up, and webs diagonally to the upper right, until you can get over the red right beam.

(see the map of Take 4, in the link right above this post)

undrline 01-08-2006 09:20 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Jul 20 2006, 08:53 AM) [snapback]244178[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

getting to the bottom two on the left is hard but not impossible
jump off of the plank as you shoot a web up and left at the top blue switch
it might help to slow the game down just a bit
[/b]
I'm not following what plank your talking about and which switch your talking about . . . please clarify. If possible, please draw on this pic. :kosta:

http://fcpcommunications.com/prescho...ind%20Bars.gif

A nonny mouse 08-08-2006 05:07 PM

the red plank above the two guys on the bottom left

mouse on 08-08-2006 05:09 PM

that is the one above that one too the right if you have trouble gettting to those two guys on the left

undrline 11-08-2006 01:36 AM

I'm still not following. In the picture, Spidey is facing a chick with a shotgun. Below her, there is an area that is closed off. How do I get into that area? Tilting the hat of the guy below him doesn't do anything, and the switch on the right wall, just below Spidey doesn't seem to do anything either. Nor combinations thereof.

Was I supposed to come up through "Yours!" in the bottom right hand corner (rather thant the bottom left)? If so, I can't figure out the combination of charges to blow up in "Yours!" that will let me in the bottom-right corner of "Behind Bars."

I'm frustrated

:wallbash:

Guest 21-08-2006 05:45 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jndrline @ Aug 11 2006, 01:36 AM) [snapback]247859[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

I'm still not following. In the picture, Spidey is facing a chick with a shotgun. Below her, there is an area that is closed off. How do I get into that area? Tilting the hat of the guy below him doesn't do anything, and the switch on the right wall, just below Spidey doesn't seem to do anything either. Nor combinations thereof.

Was I supposed to come up through "Yours!" in the bottom right hand corner (rather thant the bottom left)? If so, I can't figure out the combination of charges to blow up in "Yours!" that will let me in the bottom-right corner of "Behind Bars."

I'm frustrated

:wallbash:
[/b]

one of the walls is not so solid in yours

its the top middle one next to the right entrance to behind bars

Guest 26-10-2006 09:45 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wicked @ Jul 10 2005, 03:45 PM) [snapback]130018[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

I've played the games many years ago. A few months ago I tried it again and came as far as take 6. I couldn't get any further in some computer room with 4 computers that can be switched on and off.
Bad thing about the game is you can't continue when you restart the game.
I've tried to look for a walkthrough or some sort, but can't find it anywhere. Shows that the game isn't that interresting for most people. I still want to finish it once though. I don't know why.
[/b]
Same here!!!
Those 4 computers follow a binary logic, thus there are 16 combinations. The problem is the there are switches in the other 3 or 4 surrounding rooms, making for a large number of combinations.
By accident a couple of times I managed to pass through a couple of "solid" walls, but unfortunately, at that time, I had not found the right combination to open the walls that would let me out yet :(
I can see the way out, but I can't find the right sequence that keeps all the walls open...

saimo

thedarnn 14-11-2006 04:07 PM

Hi. A couple of questions.

First of all, has anyone managed to actually save in the DOS version? Yes, I do indeed get the clapper to shut. But when I die or exit the game, nothing has changed.

If so, could someone post the modified game files? Or tell me what they did if there's something special to do?

My files are not read-only. And a lot of people have complained about this, so I assume we can't all be making the same mistake.

In the Amiga version, does anyone know how I shoot webs diagonally? If I hold down numpad 5 and two directions, say up and right, it either does nothing or shoots in only one of the directions. If I hold down up and right first it jumps to the right.

Guest 12-12-2006 03:40 PM

You can "save" in the game in the way that when you die, you can return to the last take you visited. But there's no way (as far as I know) to definitely save the game and return to that take after quitting and restarting the game.

Not sure if anybody still reads this thread, but I've gotten past the initial puzzle of Take 6. (with the computers) It's possible, but NOT easy. Here's how I did it:

1) From Take 6, you enter in the Weighting Room screen. The gravity is screwy, so walk along the (burning) floor to the left.

2) You'll reach "Mission Control". Enter the computer area and turn all computers on individually, then touch/shoot the upper-left computer again. This should turn them all off and you should see the area on the left opening up. Moreso, part of the wall in the Weighting Room should also be gone. This is all you need to do with the 4 computers.

3) Follow the corridor again all the way to the left and get sucked upwards into the next screen, which is called "Air-locked". That's exactly what this screen is too...an airlock of some sort, where only one door can be open at the same time.

4) The air-locked screen has 3 separate sections...the lower-left section with a button on the wall, the lower-right section which is the exit. (the dead-end at the end of that corridor is actually the closed exit) And there's the upper part with an elevator, two platforms (there's a button on each platform) and a blue robot walking back and forward. The section you're in has a switch on the wall which can be hit if you jump and fire or if you stand on the (burning) wall, getting damaged and fire a horizontal beam.

5) The first thing you should do is practice how to exit this room QUICKLY. That's difficult with the screwy gravity in here. The idea here is to hit the switch at the right moment so the elevator is at the exact same level as the platforms at the exact moment the blue robot is near the edge of the platform. This will cause the blue robot to walk off the platform he's on and onto the elevator. Tricky? Very! But it's possible. The next thing you should do is hit the switch again at the right moment so the robot steps off the elevator and onto the right platform. (it's possible to accidently dump him back onto the left platform) When he steps off, LEAVE THE ROOM AT ONCE!!!!!!!!! Go back to Take6 to get healed and enter the top section of the weighting room. Follow the corridor through Mission Control. As you enter the air-locked screen again, RUSH for the end of the corridor. If you're lucky (and skilled), you should reach the end of the corridor before the blue robot steps on the button on the right platform. Once he does, the exit will open, but a door at the start of the corridor will close, so if you waited too long, you'll have to direct the blue robot all the way onto the left platform again and then guide him to the right platform once more. This puzzle can easily take an hour to get right.

6) If you made it through the air-lock puzzle, you'll arrive in a screen called "Planet Falling". It's not too hard, just a weird-gravity screen where you have to avoid the R2D2 droids and get to the upper-right corner.

7) Exitting there will get you to a screen called "Video Code" with 9 monitors that can be turned off or on and a button above a closed doorway. (with lights that light up if you push the button) This screen has the same style as the start screens of the game, so I have reason to believe that beyond this screen is the final screen of the game. Unfortunately, I have NO IDEA on the combination needed to open the door. I guess I'll need to set the monitors to some combination and then press the button on the door.

Anybody know how to solve this screen?

Guest 12-12-2006 11:50 PM

Never mind. I figured it out. The idea is to look which screens cause the lock to immediately fall back into place again and turn those off. When I played (no idea if it's random, but I don't think it is), I had to create an X from enabled monitors, meaning screen 1, 3, 5, 7 and 9 had to be turned on and 2, 4, 6 and 8 turned off. Make sure the robot is frozen so he doesn't start stepping on switches. Then shoot the button near the wall to open the door.

"Mysterio's End?", the final screen you could already reach (but not enter without a glitch) near the beginning of the game is indeed behind the door. Finishing the game the usual way is a bit tougher since the walls near Mary Jane start closing in on her as you step further into the room and if all her life is gone, it'll be game over. I managed to quickly webswing to the left end of the room, shoot the switch of Mysterio's platform and trap him on the forcefield. You get a sweet little ending pic (only one) for beating the game and you get to put your name in the high score list.

Nice little game, in retrospect, although some puzzles were frustrating.

Guest 14-12-2006 02:44 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Dec 13 2006, 12:50 AM) [snapback]271433[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

Never mind. I figured it out. The idea is to look which screens cause the lock to immediately fall back into place again and turn those off. When I played (no idea if it's random, but I don't think it is), I had to create an X from enabled monitors, meaning screen 1, 3, 5, 7 and 9 had to be turned on and 2, 4, 6 and 8 turned off. Make sure the robot is frozen so he doesn't start stepping on switches. Then shoot the button near the wall to open the door.

"Mysterio's End?", the final screen you could already reach (but not enter without a glitch) near the beginning of the game is indeed behind the door. Finishing the game the usual way is a bit tougher since the walls near Mary Jane start closing in on her as you step further into the room and if all her life is gone, it'll be game over. I managed to quickly webswing to the left end of the room, shoot the switch of Mysterio's platform and trap him on the forcefield. You get a sweet little ending pic (only one) for beating the game and you get to put your name in the high score list.

[/b]

what about the "puzzle room" ? HELP

stinker 14-12-2006 02:47 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Dec 14 2006, 03:44 AM) [snapback]271628[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Dec 13 2006, 12:50 AM) [snapback]271433[/snapback]
Quote:

[/b]

what about the "puzzle room" ? HELP

[/b][/quote]

puzzle room
yes my Precious! Help us.

how does we gets past the puss roo in act 5

those damn block aids
dont help us
damn double spiraliing helix
HELP!?

Guest 14-12-2006 01:13 PM

Hey again. Yeah, the puzzle room is by far the most complex puzzle in the game. After initially trying to just randomly hit switches and failing miserably, I mapped out the room on paper and made a note of what hatches and stone slabs each switch controls. If you want to want to solve this puzzle yourself, I suggest this is what you do. It's too complex to be solved by dumb luck.

If you want more exact help, here's how to do it. Keep in mind that sometimes you need to hit a switch twice in order to get the right effect.

First of all, there are 14 switches in the puzzle room. I'm numbering them as following:

1 2
3 4
5 6
7 8
9 10
11 12
13 14

There are also 5 hatches, which I'm labelling as following:

A B
C
D
E

Finally, there are 4 stone slabs, all in the "up" position which I'm numbering:

Use these maps in order to keep track of which switch/hatch/slab I'm referring to:

1) Enter the room. You'll walk over switch 13, which shouldn't do anything.

2) Go to switch 12 and hit it until slab 4 comes down.

3) Go to switch 11 and hit it until hatch E opens.

4) Go over to switch 7 and hit it so hatch B opens up.

5) Go over to switch 8 and hit it so hatch C closes.

6) Go over to switch 11, so slab 3 (which was down) goes up.

7) Go to switch 12 and hit it so hatch E opens.

8) Go to switch 14 and hit it so slab 4 comes down.

9) Flip switch 10 so hatch D is opened.

10) Go to switch 14 and hit it so slab 2 goes down.

11) Go to switch 12 and hit it so slab 4 goes down.

12) Go to switch 11 and hit it so hatch E opens.

13) Go to switch 6 and hit it so slab 1 comes down.

14) Go to switch 14 and hit it so slab 2 comes up.

15) Go to switch 8 and flip it so hatch C is opened.

16) Go to switch 14 and flip it so slab 2 comes down.

17) Go to switch 12 and hit it so slab 4 comes down.

18) Go to switch 11 and hit it so hatch E is opened.

19) Go all the way to switch 1 and hit it so hatch A opens.

20) Crawl over to switch 4 and hit it so hatch E closes.

21) Hit switch 9 so hatch B closes.

22) Crawl over to the upper-right corner of the screen and go through the exit.

Now you're in a room called "The Pits" which requires pure webslinging skill. The fire does obscene damage if you touch it, so try not to. You can walk on part of the top ceiling, just not on the upper-right corner.

The next room, "Torture Chamber" contains the exit to Take6. Whatever you do, DON'T touch the wall and ceiling made of red stone. It does as much damage as the fire and it'll kill you FAST if you make the mistake I first made when trying to walk on it to evade the rat.

Hope this helps. Take5 isn't that large, but it's quite difficult at first.

guest 27-12-2006 11:00 PM

Hey, someone can explain me how to pass the bridge of ''All of this and the Jaws too'', near Take 5?

While I'm walking over it, suddenly, a piece of bridge disappears and I fall in the water...

Then it's impossible to reach the right side of the room. :sos:

Guest 28-12-2006 01:57 PM

Good Morning...

This tip will benefit you elsewhere in the game as well... When moving across the bridge hold the up and right keys... spider-man will bounce (or jump) as he is moving the right... because he is jumping he will have extra time as he is falling, and will catch the edge of newly created gap in the floor... good luck!

anyone have any idea how to get out of the torture chamber?

Thanks!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(guest @ Dec 28 2006, 12:00 AM) [snapback]272641[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

Hey, someone can explain me how to pass the bridge of ''All of this and the Jaws too'', near Take 5?

While I'm walking over it, suddenly, a piece of bridge disappears and I fall in the water...

Then it's impossible to reach the right side of the room. :sos:
[/b]

guest 28-12-2006 09:30 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Dec 28 2006, 02:57 PM) [snapback]272675[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

Good Morning...

This tip will benefit you elsewhere in the game as well... When moving across the bridge hold the up and right keys... spider-man will bounce (or jump) as he is moving the right... because he is jumping he will have extra time as he is falling, and will catch the edge of newly created gap in the floor... good luck!

anyone have any idea how to get out of the torture chamber?

Thanks!

[/b]
Many thanks for the fast answer, man! :ok:

If I reach the torture chamber, I'll be very happy to help you.

Guest 29-12-2006 01:54 AM

My pleasure... glad I could help... I beat the game tonight... woohoo!!

I'll keep watching if you have any other questions. You'll find most answers in this forum...

Guest 29-12-2006 02:32 PM

Hey again.

Getting across the bridge in ''All of this and the Jaws too'' took me some time too. There's no way to avoid falling when those parts of the bridge collapse, you'll just have to go back and start from the beginning of the bridge.

The first gap was tricky for me too. I found that firing a web beam to the upper-right direction just as I was about to fall bumped me across the gap. It takes practice, but it's possible. The second gap, once it's created, is way too easy to cross. Approach the gap in your crawling position and carefully walk over the edge so Spidey is attached to the side of the bridge and facing straight down. Get out of your crawling position, face straight up and jump into the upper-right direction. You'll stick to the other edge of the gap. Now you can proceed.

As for the torture chamber screen, you'll probably get hurt here a bit so I hope the puzzle room and "Pits" didn't leave you with only a few notches of health left. As you enter this room, you'll fall into a pit with a button at the bottom. Step on the button and a door will close off the entrance through which you came. Walk all the way to the right, fire a web beam straight up while standing and pull yourself up. Attach yourself to the door that sealed off the entrance. Jump in the upper-left direction and you'll land on an elevator that'll go down. As the elevator reaches the bottom, doors will open and the two mummies will come after you. Freeze them both with a web shot. Climb onto the ceiling and prepare to get past the huge rat.

The idea is to hit those red buttons on the ceiling of the corridor where the rat is crawling around, but avoiding the rat itself is difficult. As I said in one of my previous posts, DO NOT touch that wall and ceiling of red stone...it kills you before you have the chance to say "whoops". The best thing to do is to walk onto the platform when the rat has turned around and follow it closely as it walks right. Once you're past the red ceiling, do a diagonal jump to the upper-right, crawl and let the rat pass under you. Step on the buttons to open the exit and remove the part of the ceiling where the buttons were. Crawl to the next platform.

The mummies probably started walking again, which is good. That switch they're walking over turns the wall near the fire pit from a chain (which you can walk/jump through) into a solid wall and vice versa. The idea is to start webslinging across the fire pit just before a mummy steps on the switch so the wall turns into a chain while you're already swinging across. Quickly move to the left as you land. With luck and skill, you'll have made it and you can exit this screen through the exit in the left wall and enter....dum, dum, dum...TAKE 6. (and not soon enough it was)

Once at Take 6, you can use my directions in earlier posts to get to the end of the game. Good luck.

Guest 11-07-2007 09:33 PM

I found a way to finish this game in only 4 levels.
The 1st level that you see it's the one where you start, go upper right.
The 2nd level is the one next to the right, you're above the roof, climb the buinding.
The 3rd level is the elicopter, you should know that if you stay in the middle of it and you make it move 2 times, when you go down you will see "Mysterio's end?", the last level of this game.
But now you will ask: how to enter the room? how to climb down?
Easy, it's a bug xD But it's very difficult to make it in the correct way, but if you understood what u have to do, in 5 minutes of try at least you will succede 1 time into entering that level.

Here it is: return on the elicopter and it will start go up. Wwhen it turns to go down again, jump to the left side of the screen and fire in upper left corner 2 times. In this way you should have reached left side of the screen. Now the really hard point: you have to fall down in "Mysterio's end" level not crouched, but in vertical position. TO do this when you fire the 2nd time in upper left corner of the screen of the elicopter, you have to push the up arrow in order to move spiderman in the right vertical position. The difficulty is in catching the right time, because myself i can succede it really a few times in 5 mins of try :D
But what you should see if you made it alright, it's seeing spiderman falling down exatly OVER the left vertical wall. Now all you need is going to the right and entering in the room.
Kill mysterio in the easiest way you could imagine... play at least last level without a walktrough xD
Just only a hint: don't try to go right where u see the entrance of the room, or maryjane will die and you will discover that the access is blocked by the room next to this one and you can't pass :P

Hanno 22-07-2007 01:12 PM

"one of the walls is not so solid in yours"

That was the information I needed to continue... funny how we believe what we see whhithout questioning it.

But I'm still stuck with this. I pushed down all the heads in "Behind Bars" except the two in the bottom right. What is supposed to happen then? I can't see an exit forming or anything else happening...

Anyone still playing this game who can halp me out?

Base commander 06-08-2007 05:12 PM

Using the glitch you can touch mary jane. If you fall through the wall (aka go to final boss glitch) and press right while your near the ledge near mysterio then you'll end up near him too. You cannot press the switch. touching mysterio results in damage. But touching mary jane cause a weird sound to occur your score will glitch and your heatlh will be restored.

_r.u.s.s. 06-08-2007 05:24 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Base commander @ Aug 6 2007, 07:12 PM) [snapback]303140[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

touching mary jane cause a weird sound to occur[/b]
you bet

Hanno 15-08-2007 08:38 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Base commander @ Aug 6 2007, 06:12 PM) [snapback]303140[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

Using the glitch you can touch mary jane. If you fall through the wall (aka go to final boss glitch) and press right while your near the ledge near mysterio then you'll end up near him too. You cannot press the switch. touching mysterio results in damage. But touching mary jane cause a weird sound to occur your score will glitch and your heatlh will be restored.
[/b]
OK, I could use the glitch, but how about solving it the way it's meant to be played. Anybody out there who managed this and could help me? How do I exit from behind bars?

serpentor 26-08-2007 05:30 PM

the whole idea in this maps after take 4 is pass through the five yellow walls which located above the walking dinosaur
each press on the blue clows that you will found in this maps will remove or reshow the wall
you will have to press on the first one , and on the two clowns that you will find in the map which show walking enemy and two voltures.
then , when you get to the behind bars map first you have to enter the map from the left and press the blue clown which located in the upper right corner
then , you need to acess the behind bars from the right. you will see two clowns in your left
DONT PRESS THEM. you have to press on the two clowns which located in the bottom middle of the behind bars map.
in order to do that turn the switch on bottom right
the upper and lower platforms will move right. enter the area which the upper platform had been before you turned the switch.
go to the corner which located to left of the lower platform jump and use your web to turn the switch which located in your upper left.
then quickly enter room with the two blue clowns and press them
go back to the map with the dinosaur and suprise !
no walls in the upper level. climp on the wall in the upper level which located in the left of it
and climp staright to take 5 !!!!

Giznawz 07-10-2007 01:40 PM

I remember playing this game about 5 years ago using a cheat where you could navigate to any screen in the game simply by typing in the screen number. I don't remember how to activate the cheat. While using the cheat, the screen number is displayed in the score field, and scoring is disabled (but who cares about score in this game). I don't remember now whether the cheat was used along with the spiderman editor, or if it is part of the game itself. I can't find any mention of the cheat in a google search, and only one other post in the forum mentions it. It's too bad no one remembers how to use it because this would otherwise be a great game.

Giznawz 08-10-2007 04:04 AM

I found the cheat for the Amazing Spiderman on my old computer! It is not a part of the original game, but a crack, Spidey.com, written in 1992 by Michael Yakubovich. The cheat makes Spiderman invulnerable, and allows you to scroll through the screens by pressing the + and - keys. If the location where Spiderman is standing in the current screen is a valid location in the next screen (ie not in a wall) then the next screen is displayed. If not, then keep hitting + or - until you find a screen that works where Spiderman is standing, or move around and try again. The game otherwise is the exact same. The crack does not work with the download from abandonia, but works fine with the one that I downloaded 5 years or so ago. I don't remember now where on the internet I found the cheat, and I can't find any hits for it in a Google search either on the web or in the newsgroups.

Anyway, there is a cheat and I have it. Let me know if anyone is interested in it.

The Fifth Horseman 08-10-2007 11:17 AM

You can post it on the forum as an attachment. :)
And I'm sure that a number of us are interested in it.

Giznawz 10-10-2007 03:55 AM

Ok, I finally got time to zip and post these files. Spiderman.zip is (I think) the international version of the game, and SpideyCheat.zip is the cheat crack for that version. It doesn't work with the version on abandonia or the underdogs. The international version is exactly the same as abandonia's except you can choose your language. Extract both zip files into the same directory and start the game with Spidey.com to activate the cheat. See my previous post and the text file in the zip for instructions. Enjoy!

[attachmentid=4122]
[attachmentid=4123]

StrangeQuark 25-11-2007 03:02 PM

I never could get passed Leo's Maze. :(
I really loved this game as a kid though!

RyannWolfgang 01-02-2008 01:12 AM

[Fears] I hate it when...

This game is "Cute" even from the DOS. The filename is Spidey.exe.

The graphics are simple, but Spidey is shown so small and with funny movements... You kinda feel attached to it.

It's all fun and games, until you get hurt.

As a kid, seeing one of my favorite heroes being turned into a Skeleton little by little was so scary, I couldn't play the game anymore. =/

I always had this phobia. Why the fu** did the creators of such a Kid's friendly game put this one little feature just to make it scary in a wrong way?

See my hero dying? Like that? It's just sick.

I still have this phobia. I remember playing DEUS and not being able to sleep.

Skeletons again, but that time, VERY WELL PUT IN CONTEXT (Pharmacy, Medical)

Then again... a great game with a stupid feature.

It happens more than often in my opinion.

RyannWolfgang 01-02-2008 01:15 AM

Just to clear things up, Deus is indeed a great game. =D

StR4t0 21-11-2008 08:46 PM

hello

im new to abandonia and still just getting used to the whole DOS thing, i really just need help getting the game started. after i download the game and extract, i get a bunch of .cga files and unknown files. can someone please help me out? thanks

dosraider 21-11-2008 08:57 PM

Here begins your journey with old games, read and apply:
>A beginner's guide to DosBox<

About the amazing spider-man:
Unzip the game archive, the whole folder, called spider, run the game with spidey.exe, in the opening screen choose option
1-VGA

The game is ready to run in dosbox.

welldone 11-05-2009 12:04 AM

Hello everybody.

I'm new to this forum, I got inscripted because I loved this game as hell when I was younger. I used to play it almost everyday but I never could get past "Roaring Flames" room.

Now I managed to arrive to "Mysterio's End" without using the glitch. It was a real pain to get there.

I noticed that after the first 3 steps towards the left side of the final room you involountarily activate a press that kills Mary Jane in a few seconds. If you get in this room by using the glitch you don't experience this because you arrive from above, so you can destroy Mysterio without problems.

I tried several times, but it seems to be impossible to reach the other side of the screen without causing MJ's death. Somebody managed to beat the final screen in the "politically correct" manner, without the glitch?

Thanks to anyone who'll answer me, I'd like to realize my childhood old dream!

twillight 17-02-2011 07:41 PM

I played this game on C64, I found it now here for PC, and as I never got through the whole of it, I give it a try.

I have no idea how scoring works, seems you get points when you enter into new rooms, and I tested that certain puzzles surely do not net you points. Also every time you die and "load", your score is nulled.

I've found a design-flaw: you don't have to solve the "under the soil" and "very grave yard" levels at all.

Also, I don't know if it was a ubg, or what, but when coming to "Lift" from "Shaft" I accidently let the R2D2 in the middle fall down. It went out of screen to "Take 1", and at that point it disappeared from the game.

twillight 18-02-2011 08:17 AM

Darn, after all these years I'm still stuck at the same place.

I've reached "Roaring Flames", but it is bloody hard.
But a tip for "Head Lion": First go to the edge of the platform on the left. Jump to the left. You'll fall on a fire-pillar on the screen below. Immediately you arrive make a step to the right. Then jump up, shoot a web up, climb as close to the top as you can. Then press up+right and keep it pressing while you press shift to make your web disappear, then hit shift again to shoot another web. Releasing the web at the farthest point will let you fall at least on the back of the lion, from where you can reach the exit.

Another glitch: if you make a map, "Lion Low" is at the same position as "Under the Soil".

:sos:How t solve the "Yours" + "Behind bars" levels? I was not able to reach the cowboys whose head needs to be pushed. I realised that in "Yours" there are fake-walls. I would like a combination with what both exits to "Behind Bars" will be open. (It is darn frustrating when you have to push things in an exact order, but things can not be reversed, and things can be done in a nondetermined order...)

twillight 19-02-2011 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrangeQuark (Post 312341)
I never could get passed Leo's Maze. :(
I really loved this game as a kid though!

To get past Leo's Maze you have to pass 4 levels with the same name, and the map "Roaring Flames".

For all Leo's Maze levels you have to activate two switches on the bottom. When you go in, you have to use the bottom right exit.

For the first you have to stand on the top of the third platform on the right from the bottom.
For the second do the same, then jump to the bottom of the top platform, take a step to the right, jump down, step one step left on the 3. platform from the bottom.

For the third map you have to climb the top middle platform, and walk on it until the lion on the right looks right. Make the mumy here stop, or it can interfere with the process.
For the fourth do the same, then climb on the bottom of the top platform, and reach this was the exit on the right.

In Roaring Flames do not move when you arrive. You have to make all the platform before you drop (they are stable if you climb their bottom). Then step on the left side of the wall between the mumy- and the ratroom, and jump onto the platform above the rat. Shoot a web through the fake wall of the ratroom to the button, then as fast as you can reach the button what gets uncovered (if you fail, you'll be stuck).

After all this, you have to get out from Leo's Maze, but I have no sure way yet on the how (just try until you succeed).

Question: I still could not make "Yours" + "Behind Bars". I can not reach the two cowboy in the middle of the room. :sos: What buttons I have to push and in what order exactly?

But until this point I have all the notes, so if someone have questions, I can answer.

In "Yours" I have 7587 points (I did not enter "Behind Bars" currently). Interresting fact is, that you get point s when you first visit a room. This seems fixed, independently from puzzles solved. But no score on the HighScore table matches with the real points.

twillight 20-02-2011 12:03 PM

Darn, I did it. I've reached Mysterio's End via the supposed way. Anyone have questions, ask me.

Thx for all who posted in this thread, it was a big help, especially in the endgame. Too bad they forgot to mention for "Behind bars" you have to enter first form the left, then from the right, then from the left again (to open that door you have to puch the top right TNT, what only works once, to the hell with it). Also pushing the last switch in "Behind Bars" the posters here overcompicated. You just have to stand on the wall right before the plank, jump streight up, shoot web on the switch - and voilá, you end up without failure in the room with the required cowboys.

Score: I currently have 9234 points, and if there is no bonus for saving Mary Jane, I don't know how to reach above 10K.
It is clear, that the score not just depends on the visited screens, but also on some random element, what I have no idea about.

I also confess, I can not save Mary Jane. I could not figure out yet the glitch-method, and the regular way is damn annoying (after the first steps walls kill Mary Jane, and the passage to Mysterio's End from Take 6 is darn timeconsuming). Any hint will be welcome :sos:

morbeo 07-04-2011 06:56 AM

Amazing Spider-man is not so amazing :(

Congratulations on completing the game! Probably you are the very first person to complete it.

The biggest issue I've had in this game is the save game bug and I was thinking of creating a virtual machine just so I can save it's state. For now I'm just not turning the game off so I don't lose progress :whistling:

For the cowboys puzzle I've traveled a lot, but I managed to check how all the hats switch, I wrote it down and figured it out.

I'm plotting a map of all the screens I've visited, but apparently I missed the 4th Leo's Maze (the one just before Roaring Flames). Also as some of the screens overlap (Timeless Void and Shaft for example) and others loop to themselves (Paper Plates), I haven't figured quite yet how to display that.

And I'm stuck at the darned Puzzle Room, the third one from Take 5. Cool name.

morbeo 07-04-2011 06:59 AM

Amazing Spider-man is not so amazing :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by twilight
I also confess, I can not save Mary Jane. I could not figure out yet the glitch-method, and the regular way is damn annoying (after the first steps walls kill Mary Jane, and the passage to Mysterio's End from Take 6 is darn timeconsuming). Any hint will be welcome

Here's how, kudos to revertebrae

morbeo 08-04-2011 11:37 AM

Ok, Puzzle Room wasn't so bad after I wrote it down. Machine Room on the other hand is a nightmare.

And this is the map so far http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/1124/spideyf.th.png

It is a work in progress. Protips and such will be helpful.
the map on imageshack

twillight 12-04-2011 02:15 PM

Thx for the ending, it is sooooo crappy :perv:

I only made a hand-drawned map, and I've found maps being at the same place, so you'll have to solve that I think.

Machine room? What is that? If you tell the real ingame name of the room, hints will arrive.

morbeo 12-04-2011 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twillight (Post 425996)
Thx for the ending, it is sooooo crappy :perv:

I only made a hand-drawned map, and I've found maps being at the same place, so you'll have to solve that I think.

All done :)
I've also made tips for the cowboys and puzzle room. Will post them later.

Spid90 22-05-2019 08:58 PM

Hey, does anyone know why the box says "Over 250 screens" when there are clearly only 55? (See picture on Abandonia or MobyGames)
The box picture also shows screens that are not present in the game I've played, named "Saloon" and "Backstage".
Anyone has videos, disk images or other clues?

Smiling Spectre 23-05-2019 09:46 AM

Well, with "comic" screens it's more than 54. Still definitely not enough. :)

The current time is 04:16 AM (GMT)