Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Troubleshooting (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   V for Victory (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=33902)

Jack Wesson 29-07-2017 03:25 AM

V for Victory

Hello, I downloaded all 4 of the V for Victory games and opened with D-Fend Reloaded. Of the 4 battles available I could only play Market GArden. The other 3 take me to Three Sixty's customer support page. It says recon v1.0, and who developed it. It all looks like the original screen and developer names, so the file is working correctly I think. Does anyone know how to get to the game from there? Or am I downloading the wrong file?
Thanks

Smiling Spectre 31-07-2017 11:50 AM

Definitely, something wrong here. If you got game from Abandonia, you must have single file "V for Victory.zip" with main V4V.exe file after unpacking. Then after start you have main menu with "Begin new game" list at left, settings list, started with "Battles" entry at the middle, and sub-setting window at right.

Your main setting is "Battles". If you'll select it, you must see 4 major battles at right - and these are exactly all 4 campaigns.

I checked Abandonia's version, in case you are using something else.

(In case of some another version, you are probably installed game wrong. It _must_ be installed over previous installation, three times in row, to merge all companies. Otherwise it will overwrite previous versions, leaving only one, last game - and it seems, this happened with you).

Jack Wesson 01-08-2017 02:29 AM

Problem Solved. So I did get it from another website, myabandonware, but that wasn't the issue. They had each battle in separate files, and Market Garden would play just by double clicking on the game in d-fend, without opening dosbox. When i downloaded the file from here it did the same thing (go to three sixty's trouble shooting page), but when I went into dosbox and navigated to the directory and did the exe command it worked fine. I assume the other websites would have worked fine too, I was just doing it wrong, and the fact that market garden would play when I "did it wrong" kept me confused.
Thanks

Mystvan 05-08-2017 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack Wesson (Post 468444)
Problem Solved. So I did get it from another website, myabandonware, but that wasn't the issue. They had each battle in separate files, and Market Garden would play just by double clicking on the game in d-fend, without opening dosbox. When i downloaded the file from here it did the same thing (go to three sixty's trouble shooting page), but when I went into dosbox and navigated to the directory and did the exe command it worked fine. I assume the other websites would have worked fine too, I was just doing it wrong, and the fact that market garden would play when I "did it wrong" kept me confused.
Thanks

Glad you could solve your problem, dear Jack Wesson V for Victory. Now, shall we dance? :clap: :dance: :band: :rimshot: :guitar:

The current time is 08:22 PM (GMT)